Status: This is only active if you comment!:D

My brother's best friend

chpt.9

"Hey lovebirds" he said as he entered.

"Hey bailer" I joked.

"Bailer?" Mike asked with a confused face.

"Yeah. You totally bailed on us". Garret backed me up.

"Well from what I saw from the window, it was better for you two" he smirked.

"You were spying on us?" I asked shocked.

"So what if I was?" Mike said, popping a candy in his mouth.

"Whatever. We're dating now" Garret told Mike, like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"I figured" Mike shrugged and walked into the kitchen. I swear that boy can eat all day and still maintain his "sexy body" as Courtney might put it.

Garret and I followed Mike into the kitchen since it was already 7:00pm and we hadn't had dinner yet.

"Where's mom and dad?" Mike asked.

"Don't know" I said while the phone rang.

"Hello?" Garret answered."Oh okay. Yeah I'll tell them. Sure, bye"he hung up the phone and turned to us. "That was your mom. She went out with your dad and she got a call from one of her cousins and her cousin's wife is having a baby and no one else was at there to help them so she went over to their house with your dad and took them to the hospital and they are going to spend the night there. Apparently the birth got complicated and they need to be there" Garret explained.

"You know what this means right?" Mike said with a devious smile planted on his face.

"No. What?" I asked, oblivious to the whole thing.

"Party!" Mike said throwing his hands in the air.

"No Mike, we can't" I started but he was already calling his friends.

"Ugh" I grunted and went up to my room. I was going up the stairs when I turned around and saw Garret following me.

"Want to go out? I don't really feel like partying" he said.

"It's like you read my mind" I answered. I grabbed my phone and purse, yelled "bye" to Mike and left the house.

We decided to go to dinner, so we went to a pizza place since I wasn't in the mood for anything fancy.

The waitress that was serving us was totally flirting with Garret. She appeared to be my age, maybe one year older than me, long, curly blonde hair, beautiful green eyes and flawless face. Even thought she was beautiful, much more beautiful than me, Garret didn't even pay any attention to her. He had his eyes on me the whole time.

Since we had some time to kill, we decided to go on a walk downtown. Atlanta is beautiful at night, after the sun has gone down and the moon has come up to show us its beautiful glow.

We were walking silently enjoying each other's company, when I felt him tense a little.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

He was looking down and wouldn't meet my gaze when he said "don't get me wrong, this day has been perfect and I'm really happy with you, but I'm still leaving. I know, way to bring the mood down, but I can't stop thinking that I'm going to leave you"

I didn't know what to say so I kept quiet. Instead of talking, I used my lips for something else and I kissed him with all my might. He deepened the kiss and I finally pulled away to catch my breath. We were still only inches apart and I had my eyes closed when I said "You won't lose me Garret. I swear with all my heart that you won't. We may be apart physically, but not with our hearts. They will always be together no matter what."

I opened my eyes and saw a small tear coming out of Garret's eye. "I really care about you Ash"

"I really care about you too"

He smiled and kissed me again.