Lucky I'm in Love

1/2

I woke up to arms wrapping around my waist. “Hm?”

“Alex,” My twin squeaked.

“What's wrong?” I asked, still sleeping a bit.

“I...I had a nightmare,” She whispered.

I hugged her closer to me. “It's okay, Anna,” I soothed rubbing her back softly.

She fell asleep on my chest, easily.

That was the first time I realized, I liked my sister.

...

“Alex! Mom wants you to unload the dishwasher!!” Anna called.

“Alright!” I yelled back. I pulled my hair into a bun and bounced down the stairs. “What chore are you doing?” I asked her.

“Kitchen,” She answered.

I nodded. “Cool....I guess.”

She smiled brightly at me.

I started unloading the dishwasher while I thought about her.

My beautiful little sister...We were almost identical. The only difference being her blonde bangs, other than that, we were the same.

Personality-wise was different though.

She was quiet and composed, I was a loud, hot-head.

She was shy, I wasn't.

She had social issues, but I pushed everyone away.

Everyone, but Anna. I even pushed my mom away after a while. Anna was my only concern.

She had asked why before. Why I didn't push her away and keep Mom. Because I love you, I could've answered. That would've led to more questions though. Did I not love Mom? Did I love her more? Was I really a lesbian?

It was too much, so I answered with a, “I just...We're twins. We're supposed to be the closest we could be.”

She had bought it and didn't ask more questions.

“Alex?”

I looked at Anna. “Yes?”

“Will....Will Dad ever come back?” She asked. I heard the hesitation in her voice...That wasn't the question she wanted to ask.

“Doubt it,” I answered, letting her have her way with the decoy question.

“Oh...Do you want him to come back?”

I snorted. “You know me, Anna. You're the only one I care about anymore…”

She nodded and continued cleaning.

After we finished our chores we flopped down on the couch together. I turned on the TV and laid my legs over her lap after taking my hair out of the bun. She giggled and let me be. I turned the weather on for her. The cute nerd in her always wanted to watch it.

She bounced up and down when the ugly weatherman said that it'd rain.

“It's gonna rain, Alex!” She threw her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek.

“And it's gonna be warm while it does...Hm. I might actually be excited.” Warm rain; wet Anna. It's a win-win for me.

She grinned. “Can we dance in the rain, Alex?”

“Last time I checked, I'm not Mom...And since she's at what's-his-face's house, I say hell yea!” I stood up and pulled her up too.

She giggled. “You are excited.”

I nodded and slipped my flip-flops on. “It's raining already,” I told her.

Her eyes widened. “Really?!?”

I nodded. She threw her shoes on and ran out the door. I chased after her laughing. She sat on the driveway and laid on her back, soaking up the rain.

I smiled and sat next to her. “Hey, Alex,” She started making my name longer than it really was.

“Yes, Anna?” I mimicked her.

She looked at me a good long while. “Tag!” She shouted hitting my arm and running.

“Ow! What the hell!??!” I chased after her.

She giggled and ran as fast as she could.

I finally caught up and tackled her to the ground. “I win!” I shouted, straddling her waist. “Muhaha.”

I held my arms up and made cheering noises.

Anna rolled us over and sat on me. “Who won now, sucker?!” She asked, grinning.

“Still me,” I answered rolling us over again.

I couldn't control my actions then. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to hers. She didn't respond to the kiss for a little while, so I pulled away and looked at her.

She pushed me off her and ran inside.

I followed after her. She ran straight to the upstairs bathroom and before she could lock it, I slammed into it and closed it behind me.

“What the fuck, Alex?!?!” She yelled. I flinched when she said fuck. She doesn't curse. She didn't curse when Dad left. She didn't curse when Kevin broke her heart. She's never cursed at me. “You...You can't just kiss your own sister, Alex!”

“I'm not sorry,” I told her. “I've loved you for a while, Anna. I'm glad I finally did something about it.”

She looked away from me. “You...You...You've lied to me.”

“Not lied. Think of the way you're acting now and how much worst it would've been if I told you right after Dad left.”

She flinched. “You should’ve told me, Alex!”

“I didn’t! You think I care? You think I care that I’m hurting you now?” I demanded. She looked at me, hurt. “You know that I do care,” I told her, softly, walking closer. I caressed her cheek and pressed my lips to hers again.

She pushed me away. “No…Alex…No.”

I pushed her against the wall, my hands pinning her’s against the tiled wall. “Why?” I asked kissing and nipping at her neck.

“It’s wrong,” She whispered.

“So?” I asked before licking up her neck. “We can do whatever we want. Immoral or not.”

“Alex–”

“Do you love me?” I asked cutting her off.

She looked away from me. “Alex…”

“Do you. Love me?” I asked again.

She looked back at me. “You’re my sister.”

“You’re not answering,” I told her. “Please answer.” I held her cheek in my hand. “Please.”

She sighed and looked into my eyes. “I don’t know, Alex…I…I’m confused.”

I shook my head. “Well, I love you, Anna. I have for a while. And I won’t stop loving you, or love anyone else.”

I moved my hand from her cheek and back up to her wrists, before kissing her once more. For all I know, this is the last kiss we’ll share.

I got off her and walked out of the bathroom, leaving her to herself. I went in my room and locked the door behind me. I put my headphones in and blasted my music.