Your Pretty Eyes Don't Give Me Much Choice.

It Seems To Me That Nothing's What It's Ever Meant To Be

[Shannon's P.O.V.]
We pulled up in front of my house, Jaime and I both got out of his car, and he hugged me. "Thanks for everything." I smiled "You guys were fucking awesome."

"Of course, don't mention it." He pulled away, smiling back, and I swear I saw him staring at my boobs.

I gave him a confused look and chuckled a little. .."What?"

He rubbed the back of his neck with his palm, staring at the ground. It was dark outside, but I'm pretty sure he was blushing. "Um..yeah, bye Shannon."

"Bye Jaime." I smiled awkwardly, turning around to walk towards my house as he immediately got back in the car.

I walked upstairs to my room, hopped onto my bed and pulled out my phone to see that I had a new message from Vic.

Well I know I can't wait to see your beautiful face again :D I'm going to bed.. so sweet dreams darling! <3

I smiled and felt butterflies in my stomach for the seven thousandth time tonight. Then, that feeling washed over me again. I started thinking about Jaime. We had been best friends for the past three years, he was like a brother to me. He was always that guy who I could fall back on when other douchebags fucked me over. I also helped him through his fair share of slutty bitches. I could vent to him about anything and he'd know exactly what to say to make me feel better.

But, there always was that tiny part of me that liked him? I know he was checking me out, and he told me I'm pretty. Was he... jealous of Vic? No. There's no way this can be happening, Shannon. You're not falling for your best friend and the lead singer of his band. What if Pierce The Veil breaks up and it's your fault? At that moment I had a violent headache from all the fucked up thoughts running through my brain. I breathed deeply and tried to free my mind in attempt to fall asleep.

I woke up the next morning and checked my phone.

Ayyyyyy Shannon! Ready to spend an awesome Sunday with your awesome best friend? :) Be ready at 11:30? Although I know that should be a challenge for you.... you love your sleep haha <3

It was 11:17. Fuck, I only had about 15 minutes to get ready. I rolled out bed and walked over to my closet. I pulled out my purple Cobra Starship shirt and black skinny jeans, slipping them on along with a fresh pair of socks and my checkered vans. I went in the bathroom to quickly run my flat iron through my hair and put on a bit of messy eyeliner. Whatever, I didn't care. It wasn't like I was trying to look super hot for Jaime or anything.

I looked at the clock which read 11:29, so I sprinted downstairs and just when I reached my front door, I heard the doorbell ring. So, I answered it with a smile on my face.

"Jaime!" I smiled brightly and pulled him in for a hug.

"Hey girl." He leaned his head on mine and squeezed me tightly. I got lost in that moment, and as soon as he pulled away, I felt myself blushing a little. Fuck.

He noticed my red cheeks and laughed, his dimples showing. Oh god, why.

I closed the door behind us and walked outside, slightly confused when I didn't see a familliar silver Benz in my driveway.

"Where's your car?" I asked him.

"Oh, I walked." He smiled adorably and I had to force myself not to stare. "So, uh, Shannon, how does a walk to the park sound?"

"Sounds fuckin awesome!" I gave him two thumbs up.

He linked his right arm with my left as we walked down the sidewalk. We made it to the end of my street when I felt my phone vibrate.

"Oh.. uh, hold on." I awkwardly pulled away from his grip to pull it out of my pocket and check it. One new message from: Vic :3

Hey darlin :) Wanna swing by my place around 3:00ish? I could give you a ride if you want.

Shit. My stomach sank.

I replied Awww definitely! :3 Sounds like a fun time! followed by my address.

"Oh, uh, Jaime... that was my mom. She wants me to be home at 3:00 so I can... help her clean. If that's cool with you." I wanted to facepalm right there. Did those words seriously just come out of my mouth? Shannon, you're fucking pathetic.

"No problem." He said, linking arms with me again. "It's only 11:30, we've got some time."

"Okay." I smiled

We reached the park and I made a run for the swings, giggling as he chased me. There was only one open and I quickly jumped on.

"Alright then, ladies first." He laughed.

I sat there staring up at him "Does it look like I'm gonna actually swing myself? Push me, dumbass." I teased him.

"You realize this gives me the opportunity to accidentally let you faceplant and then laugh hysterically at you?"

"You're such a dick." I laughed. This was why I was happy to call Jaime my best friend. He understood my sense of humor, and together, we could make anything into a fucking party. I always had the most fun when I was with him.

"Well fuck the swings, how about we just play...." I slowly got up and inched towards him as he backed away. "TAGYOU'REIT." I slapped his shoulder and then sprinted to the other side of the park.

"Fuck you, Shannon." He yelled, chasing after me as I giggled uncontrollably. He was gaining on me. Shit. Then, almost out of nowhere, he pounced on top of me wrapping me in his arms and tackling me to the ground. We were both laughing so hard there were tears in our eyes.

The next few hours continued like this. We were both genuinely happy, we couldn't stop laughing and smiling. I really did love Jaime and I didn't know what I'd do without him.

As we were sitting on the swings next to each other and talking, I pulled out my phone. It was 2:47. "Uh... shit, it's almost 3:00. I should get home."

"Of course." He smiled, getting up from his swing. Then, as we were walking side by side, he put his arm around my waist, squeezing me tightly. My heart started beating fast, but I tried to ignore it.

As soon as we turned on to my street, I took a deep breath, made direct eye contact with him and spoke up. I wanted to let him know that I was feeling kind of weird with him because of Vic and everything. "Hey, uh, Jaime... I really want to talk to you about something. You've been my best friend ever since freshman year, and I know you'll always be there for me no matter what... and you're the most fun person to be around ever... but like---"

He shut me up when he grabbed me by the belt loops on my skinny jeans and firmly pressed his lips against mine, biting my bottom lip.

"Jaime..." I said as soon as he pulled away, my voice cracking. "That's n--that's not cool. I was trying to say that I love you... as a friend, but... I don't want anything more than that... and I really hate to make things awkward but..."

He blushed slightly, backing away. "Oh, right, right. Friends. That's cool, that's... great. So yeah, I'm gonna go...yeah." He awkwardly turned and walked in the direction of his house.

I sat down on the sidewalk and buried my face in my hands. I was going to hook up with Vic. I wasn't going to let the awkwardness with Jaime get to me. I didn't give a fuck about anything else. I just wanted Vic so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
hahahehehoho :3
title credit: figure it out / versaemerge