Status: On Hiatus, I'm really sorry you guys. Stay tuned though.

Time Bomb

When Dreaming Gets Drastic

Alex POV

I remained silent as Kara and I drove down the freeway, coming away from the airport.
“It’s really great to have you back,” she smiled at me as she merged lanes.
I remained silent still as I fixed the beanie on my head, and removed some snow from my jacket.
“Alex, maybe it’s for the best that you guys are on break,” Kara smiled, “You guys all just need time to-”
“How was the ballet?” I said monotonously, starring at her, watching as her face paled, and tears filled her eyes.
“What?” I asked unsure.
“It was amazing. Mia was amazing, but.” she sighed.
“But what?”
“She was in an accident.”
“What?”
“Mhmm, she was mugged, beaten. And the guy cut up her leg, and broke it.” Kara stated softly, “The company let her go, because she couldn’t dance anymore.”
I winced, “Shit,”
“Yes, she’s in wheel chair, depressed moody and angry.” she sighed.
“What’s she doing now?” I asked curious.
“Moving back in with her Mom, and Grandmother, she can’t do anything on her own anymore. She would’ve stayed home in NYC with her Dad, but she didn’t, to many memories, and they lived in a two story house, so she wouldn’t be able to get around. She’s back here in Baltimore; her mom and step Dad’s place, two story, but it has an elevator and everything she needs.”
“Wow, I’m sorry.” I sighed as we came to a halt outside of Jack, Rian and Kara’s house, “Are you going to go see her anytime soon?”
“Jack, Zack, Rian and I are going.” she said hesitantly, “Do you want to go?”
“Would that be a good idea?”
Kara rolled her eyes and honked the horn, “She has too much on her mind to pay attention and remember how pettiful you were in High School.”
With a sigh, I nodded.

We reached the large house, mansion almost, about a mile away from where I was staying in twenty minutes.
The house was just as I remembered it back in HS, when her brother had thrown giant parties, and his sister, Mia ratted him out, because she was rehearsing.
“Were here,” Jack smiled sadly, “I wonder if she even wants to see us.”
Kara sighed sadly, “Marie, insisted that we come, she staying cooped up in her old Ballet room, trying to walk,”
“She shouldn’t be doing that,” Zack said shaking his head as we all hopped out of the car, “She’s ruining her chances at all, who is she trying to prove.”
“Herself,” I mumbled as we reached the front door.
Kara smiled at me took Rian’s hand as we rang the door bell.
“Oh Kara, I’m so glad you’re here! Oh, and you brought the boys!”
I recognized Mia’s mother immediately, the same thin face, large eyes, and dark hair. Except now she looked tired, aged, and sad.
“How is she?” Kara asked as we stepped into the house, and heard the loud, soothing, yet scary sound of Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata echoing through the house.
I stared wide eyed at Jack who gave me the same look, and we stared at her mother.
“She’s upstairs, in the chair, just starring. She took about five steps today before she smashed a mirror.” Marie whispered.
“Ah,” Kara spoke nervously, “Well we’ll go up and see if she wants to go out to eat.”
“Please try,” Marie said, tears in her eyes, “She’s still eating like she’s in the company, nothing. The doctor says she has to gain ten pounds for the surgery. Just walk in.”
Kara nodded, and we stepped into the vast house, and up the large stairs, where the music was heard much louder.
“We should try and get her out,” Rian sighed as he took Kara’s limp hand with his own.
Trailing behind them we came to a halt at a white sliding door, and heard the sound of hissing and cursing meeting our ears.
“Should we?” Jack whispered nervously.
Zack nodded and opened the door.
I was met the the familiar face, the same too thin body, the perfect posture, the hair in the tight bun, of the girl I teased in High School, as she stood with her back to us at the wooden bar.
The only thing that was different was the their was a wrap around her left leg, the leg she was balancing on, but kept slipping on she stood on her toes. We watched in silence as she stood, stretching her legs, before she slipped and all her weight landed on her now fully on the ground foot.
Kara was the first to step forward, towards the thin girl, grabbing her gently around the arm, and pulled her towards her chair, where the girls face was red with anger, before she met my eyes.
“Oh, hey Alex, long time no see.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks you guys for all commenting I really appreciate them :]
Here's another update, so please keep the comments up! :]