Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

01

I walked off the plane and into the airport watching all the other passengers pass me by as they all hurried to collect their bags and get greeted by their loved ones; I on the other hand just walked at my own pace and took my time because I honestly wasn’t all that happy being here in cold Forks when I could have been in hot Arizona. Of course I was happy to see my Uncle William, Aunt Selene and my cousin Eclipse but I didn’t want to be forced to move to some place called La Push; just because my parents found out I was being bullied at school and thought a change would do me good.

“Children these days have no respect of themselves or others” The old lady mumbled to herself as she walked past me and of course I was let me know that she was talking about me as she frowned at me with disappointment; she had to sit beside me on the flight from Arizona to Forks and for some reason she had decided to judge me, when all I did was mind my own business.

I pulled my iPod from my handbag and placed the ear buds into my ears before I found a song to listen to; I let my eyes wander around the gate in search of anyone familiar but I only found other families embracing their loved ones, which left no one to be waiting for me in the small airport. I let a soft sigh escape my parted lips as I started walking again and followed the signs to baggage claim; I stood in front of the bag belt with the rest of the people on my flight as we watched all the bags go past us.

Once I had collected all my bags I searched around the airport again for a familiar face and when I couldn’t find one I decided I might as well just head outside; which was a horrible idea because I wasn’t close to being used to the coldness but I couldn’t be bothered with heading back into the warm airport, so I placed my suitcases on the ground and sat down on the biggest one as I waited for someone to come pick me up.

“I am so sorry Ruby, I didn’t mind to be so late but I got a bit carried away with grocery shopping. I wanted to go buy some groceries before picking you up, but you know how I can get when it comes to shopping” A voice sounded as they climbed out of their car making me look up and see that it was my Aunt Selene; I put my phone back into my bag as I was just about to text Eclipse to see if anyone was coming for me.

“It’s fine Aunt Selene and yes I do know how carried away you can get with shopping, it was good for me to get some fresh air after my flight” I told her trying to make her not feel so bad about being an hour late to pick me up; as I stood up I was instantly pulled into her arms for a tight and warm hug which I returned right away.

“I will make it up to you sweetheart, I promise you that. But let’s get you out of the cold and get you home” Aunt Selene smiled down at me as she kissed the top of my head before she helped me put my suitcases into her car; I put my iPod back in my handbag and shut the boot to the car before I climbed into the passenger’s seat.

“So how was the flight? Eclipse can’t wait to see you again after all these years, she’s been missing you like horrible. And you’ve grown up so much honey, I can’t believe my two girls are teenagers now” Aunt Selene said to me as she drove the half an hour drive from Forks to La Push while I stared out the window at my surroundings; this place was so different than Arizona because it was basically surrounded by woods although Eclipse did tell me that La Push had a beach and on a nice day it was beautiful there, so I guess that was something to remind me of home but I guess La Push was my home now even if it didn’t feel like it.

“The flight was good, a little bumpy in places but still good. And I can’t wait to see Eclipse and Uncle William either, it’s been way too long” I said as I smiled over at her although I had a feeling that she knew that I wasn’t really comfortable here yet and I was a bit nervous; moving to a new place all by myself was scary for a fifteen year old and from what Eclipse has told me, some of the guys here aren’t very nice well their not nice to her.

“Well we’re just glad to have you staying with us and if you need anything than just tell me, this has always been your home Ruby and always will be. I know moving at such a young age is scary but Eclipse will be right there with you if you need something” Aunt Selene reassured me as she drove down the highway that joined La Push and Forks together; I looked out the window at the rocky cliff beside us and then at the ocean at the bottom of the cliff.

“I know Aunt Selene and I’m glad to finally see where you live and do some exploring around here, I think I’ll just need some time before I’m completely comfortable here. After all I’ve never actually been here before so it’s all so new to me” I said as we started driving through La Push and a frown formed between my eyebrows when I saw a group of guys hanging outside the grocery store; normally I wouldn’t have thought anything of it but none of them were wearing a shirt which was strange because it was so cold today.

I could only really see three of them clearly because they were the tallest ones in the group and the fact that two of them turned to look at me kind of let me see them; these two looked to be the older ones as well but they all looked alike with their tanned skin, short dark hair, muscles that guys their ages shouldn’t have and the same tattoo on their shoulder.

“And here we are, welcome to our home Ruby” Aunt Selene said smiling at me as she parked her car in the driveway of a beautiful house; I slowly climbed out of the car and let my eyes take in the house and the front yard before I turned around to help Aunt Selene with my bags, but I couldn’t because I had bumped into a firm and very warm chest.

“Ruby! You’re finally here” I heard the familiar voice of my cousin sound from behind me so I turned to face her and was instantly tackled by her; the person that I ran into placed his hand on my back gently to keep me from falling backwards as Eclipse hugged me tightly which I of course returned straight away.

“Hi Eclipse, I’ve missed you so much. We can never be apart for that long ever again” I told her as we stood in the driveway hugging each other while I heard Aunt Selene talking to some people quietly; but I honestly didn’t want to let Eclipse go because she made me feel so much better about moving here.

“We won’t I promise, I’ve missed you even more. I can’t believe you’re finally here, I’ve been waiting all week for you to get here” Eclipse said as she pulled back from our hug and smiled brightly at me before I was hugged by Uncle William who was taking my bags into the house; we greeted each other before I noticed that there was two people standing behind us.

“Hi I’m Jacob and this is Leah, we’re friends with Eclipse so you’ll most likely be seeing a lot of us. It’s nice to finally meet you Ruby, Eclipse has not shut up about you coming here” Jacob, the guy that I bumped into, told me with a big smile on his face; I took him and Leah in so of course I noticed that they both had the same tattoos as the guys near the grocery store had, but they seemed nicer and more welcoming.

“Hi it’s nice to meet you both as well, I’ve heard some much about you from Eclipse. And don’t worry it’s all been good things” I said smiling at them causing them both to laugh softly before Eclipse grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards the front door; I glanced back to see Jacob and Leah following us as my cousin pulled me into her house.

“We hope that you really like it here Ruby, it is really different from Arizona but it has its own charm so hopefully you’ll be comfortable here. And if you ever need anything than just ask us and we’ll help you out” Leah told me softly after Eclipse gave me a tour of the whole house and saved my bedroom until last; as soon as I walked into my new bedroom I was in love with it because it reflected the person that I was, I also had the most perfect view of the forest from my window.

“Thank you Leah that means so much to me and I’ll keep that in mind, I think I just have to get settled in here and then I’ll be better company” I said to them as I opened out of my suitcases and started to unpack my clothes; I wanted to get unpacked now because I knew if I didn’t than I would keep putting it off and nothing would get unpacked.

“You’ll love it here Ruby I promise that you will, on sunny days the beach is amazing and there are running tracks through the forest. And I’m here as well” Eclipse said as she helped me unpack by handing my clothes to me so I could hang them up in my closet; Jake and Leah took a sit on my bed and just watched us.

“Yeah I know that and I’m kind of excited to go exploring sometime soon, can I ask you guys something? On the way here I saw a group of guys hanging around the grocery store, but none of them were wearing shirts and they had the same tattoo as you two” I said looking over to Jake and Leah who glanced at each other nervously; which just made me want to know more but they couldn’t get a word in before Eclipse started talking.

“I want you to stay away from them Ruby, all of them are bad news okay. They’re the guys that I told you about and I don’t want you anywhere near them, well apart from these two and Seth and Emily. But the other guys are bad news” Eclipse warned me as I filled my chest of drawers with my lingerie, socks, leggings, lounge clothes and anything else that could be folded; I nodded my head as Jake put my suitcases into the top of my closet for me.

“Okay Eclipse you don’t have to worry about me, I’ll stay away from them. I was just asking anyway because I thought it was weird how none of them were dressed for this cold weather, which sucks by the way” I said as I made my room mine by putting some photo frames around the room which just finished it in my mind; Jake and Leah burst out laughing at my comment on the weather and I knew right then and there that I was going to really get along with them, and possibly like it here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruby Bedroom
Ruby Outfit

Please Comment And Feedback Is Always Welcome!