Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

010

"Thanks for everything, Paul." I said to him as he parked his truck in the driveway. I heard the backdoor open and slam shut as Ruby got out and headed towards the house. "I mean it and please don't take this the wrong way, but how did you know I was there anyway?" I asked, tearing my eyes from the front door to his sorrowful brown eyes.

Paul sighed and lean against the driver seat. "Charlie called Billy and told him what had happen and as soon as I had heard you had found Mr. Jones. I had to make sure you were alright and so I drove all the way over there just to see." He confessed, looked at me and I could feel myself leaning towards him just as he was doing the same.

I could feel his breath brush over my lips as we got closer and soon our lips were only centimeters a part. Paul brushed his lips softly across mine and I could feel my body shutting down.

My lips connected with his like a moth to a flame and I ran my hands up his arms and felt his hands rest on my waist. Kissing him was nothing else I had experience in my life and I knew from the moment on that I never wanted this feeling to stop.

Paul and I pulled away and held on to each other as we tried to gain our breathing back to normal. I could feel my heart beating hard against my rib cage as I glance up into Paul's eyes to see him staring back at me.

I could feel my face heating up and quickly looked away from him. I fiddle with my jacket as Paul sighed from next to me.

"That was uncalled for on my part." Paul said, causing me to look up at him, "I shouldn't have done that." I bite my lip and shook my head.

"No, it was more me then you, Paul." I whispered, gripping the bottom of my jacket and turning to face him, "I've always had feelings towards you, but I never showed them because how you treated me for all these years and I won't let them show ever again." I said, getting out of truck and making my way into the house not once looking back at Paul.

I open the door and stood in the door way when I heard Paul's truck start and back out of the drive way. I held back my tears and shut the door behind me.

"Eclipse hun? Is that you?" My mom called from the living room where I could hear the TV playing softly and the sounds of my father mumbling something towards it, "Hunny we need to talk." She said, walking out of the living room and seeing me heading towards the stairs.

"Yes mom." I called back, I kicking off my shoes and started heading up the stairs towards my room, "I'm going to head to bed, so can we talk in the morning. I've head a rough day and all I want to do is sleep." I said.

"Sure hun." My mother said, her green eyes casted with worry has she pushed herself back in to the living room.

I sighed and walked straight into my room, letting the door shut behind me. I walked over to bed and through myself on to it. I closed my eyes and let the exhaustion take over. And soon I was sound asleep not noticing the piercing brown eyes staring up at me from the forest.

Image


The smell of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and coffee woke me up from a nightmare filled sleep. I yawned and looked up at my alarm clock to see I had two hours to get ready. I groaned and crawled out of my warm bed into the slightly chill air.

I tiredly made my way to the bathroom right as Ruby was walking out. She looked me for a second before walking straight pasted me without a word which was odd for her, but I was to tired to make a fuss about it.

I grimced at myself as I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was all around my head, while my eyes were like a puke green with a red rim. I looked away from myself and got started on my morning routine.

The heat from the shower felt so good against my tense skin as I stood underneath it. Scenes from my nightmare flash through my mind as I lean my forehead against the tile of the shower wall. Those red eyes and velvet voice still sent shivers down my spine.

I jumped in shock when I felt the water turn from burning hot to icy cold and finished up my shower. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me before exiting the bathroom. Steam woshed pasted me as I open the door and soon I was shivering as I padded down the hallway.

The sounds of Avenged Sevenfold flowed from Ruby's room as I walked pasted it towards my own. I wanted so bad to knock on her door and talk to her, but I knew I had to let her be by herself for a while.

I soon was dressed and ready for the day and was heading downstairs right has my dad was leaving for work. "Bye dad." I said

"Bye Eclipse." He said rushing out the door, "Make sure you remember that your mother and I want to talk to you after dinner." He said before shutting the door behind him.

I shrugged my shoulders and headed into the kitchen where Ruby and my mother were sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast. I grabbed an apple from the bowel on the table and poured myself a glass of orange juice.

"Did your father tell you we want to talk to you both after dinner tonight?" My mom asked, her green eyes looking at both Ruby and I.

"Yes." I said, setting my empty glass in the sink and finishing up my apple, "Well Rubes and I have to get going if we want to be on time for school." I said, heading towards the door and grabbing my bag.

"Bye girls." Selene yelled from the kitchen, "Bye mom!" I yelled back before shutting the door behind us.

"Is something the matter Ruby?" I asked her as we walked over to my car, "And don't tell me nothing."

"I'm fine and there is nothing the matter." She said, quickly getting in the car and strapping herself in.

I sighed and got in as well. The rest of the ride to school was a silent one and Ruby made sure I didn't ask anymore questions towards her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

i'm soooooo sorry it took me so long to update, but i got really busy with college and my personal life. well i'm back again and i will try to update more often.

comments are wanted!

-jamieee.