Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

012

The wind blow quietly as I sat on the back porch of my house. The sky was a mixture of orange, purple, and pink as the sun was rising in the early morning sky. I hadn't been able to sleep since Ruby came back into the house after Paul had come to talk to her. My mind raced with so many reasons why he had come, but it all had been pushed away when I did fall asleep and those nightmares had taken over.

A cold chill ran down my spine when I thought about those cold red eyes glaring at me from across the field. It seemed so real to me when I had awaken not even twenty minutes ago and walked out here to clear my mind.

I wrapped the blanket tighter around my body and closed my eyes for a few seconds before I heard the back door open. My eyes snapped open to see Ruby walking out the door with two cups of tea in her hand.

"I thought you would like this." She said handing me one of the cups of tea, "I heard you coming out of your room when I was in the bathroom and saw you come out here, so I thought I would join you." Ruby said taking a seat next to me.

I smiled at her and took a sip of the tea. The warmth of the drink felt good to my dry throat and to my cold body, too. I lean back against my chair and turn my head so I was looking at Ruby who was staring out into the forest.

"Why are you up so early?" I asked her, watching she turn from the forest to me and shrug her shoulders.

"I don't know. Just couldn't sleep and heard you walking around, so I thought I would keep you company." Ruby answered wrapping her blanket tighter across her body, "Why are you up so early?" She asked watching as I sighed and looked down at my cup.

"I had the same nightmare, again." I said pushing my bangs from my face and watching it fall right back where it was, "But this time it felt so real." I shiver pulling my blanket closer to my body and wrapping it tighter.

"It was only a dream, Eclipse." Ruby said reaching over and grabbing my hand , "Everything will be alright."

I nodded my head and got off from my chair, "We should head inside and start getting ready for school." I said, letting the blanket fall from my shoulders and grabbing it before heading inside the house with Ruby right behind me.

Image


I listen silently has Jacob talking aimlessly to everyone as we sat outside during lunch. My mind was still on my dream and I wasn't really paying attention when Paul had walked up until I heard Jacob call out his name.

"Hey Paul!" Jacob yelled, a goofy grin appeared on his face as he saw his friend and brother walk up the group, "What took you so long to come hang out with us?" He asked, watching as Paul took a seat in between Embry and Quil.

"I had some business to take care of." Paul said, setting his bag behind him and lean against the tree behind him.

Whilst everyone was talking among themselves I had quietly sip away from the group and started in the direction of the library hoping to get some time to myself before I was force to deal with the rest of school and the boys.

As I enter the library, the sounds of quiet chatter and people typing on the computer meet my ears as I walked further into the room. I walked past endless shelves of books and made my towards the back where I knew no one would be able to find me.

I grabbed the table that sat in the way back in a corner and sat down. I sat my bag carefully on the table and made sure my phone was on silent. I pulled one of my favorite books out and lean against my chair and soon was lost in the world of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

What felt like hours later, I finally put down my book and check the time on my phone. I nearly screamed when I saw the time. I had missed my last two classes and school was about over.

I quickly put away my stuff and grabbed my keys from inside my bag. The sounds of me running was all could be heard through out the quiet room. I pushed open the door just has the bell rung to end the day of classes. I breathlessly headed to my locker and meet with the sight of Ruby, Seth, Jacob, Leah, and Paul all around my locker.

Ruby was the first one to spot me among the crowd and start running towards me.

"Eclipse!" She screamed, wrapping her arms around my shoulder and causing someone people to stare at her as they past us, "Where the hell did you disappear off to?" she asked, pushing herself from me and staring at me with a question look.

"I just went to library to read and wasn't paying attention to the time." I said, taking her hands off of me and walked over to my locker where everyone else was.

"You should of told one of us." Leah said, crossing her arms together and looked over at me as I dug through my locker.

"I'm sorry that I wanted some alone time and didn't want to be followed or bothered." I said, grabbing my books from my locker and slamming it shut, "I'll remember next time to run it by you guys when I want alone time." I replied, pushing pass both Paul and Jacob and headed towards the front of the school not once looking back when I heard Ruby call my name.

Tears threaten to spill from my eyes has soon as I was outside, but I wanted allow myself to be seeing as weak. I quickly unlocked my car and through my stuff on the passenger seat and got in.

I could see everyone spilling out the doors and heading my way. I turn on my car and made sure to back out before they got any closer to me. I put the car into drive and sped right out of the school parking lot before anyone could stop me.

I knew I had to get away from everyone for a couple of hours to calm down and collect myself. And there was only one place I could think of right now that could calm me down and I started the long journey towards Port Angeles and never once check my phone as I drove.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sleep Wear
Outfit

I feel so bad for taking sooooo long to post this, but I got really busy and totally forgot about this until now. I'm so sorry and will try my best to update as much as possible.

love,
jamieee.