Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

014

Eclipse's POV

I sat silently in my Biology class as I listen to Mister Limes go on and on about something to do with genetics but I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying because to be honest he was a bore to listen to. So right now I was staring endlessly out of the window which I was sitting by when I felt something jab me in my ribs.

I scowled to myself before taking my eyes from the window to Jacob who was about to jab me with his pencil yet again. I reached down and grabbed his pencil from his hand before he could in flick pain to my ribs again.

"What." I hissed quietly towards Jacob as I set his pencil in his book and turn my attention to him with a look of annoyance upon my face, "What do you want?" I asked clearly not in the mood for one of Jake's jokes or what ever he was going to ask me.

"Yesh! Who pissed on your parade?" Jacob asked looking at me with a slightly hurt face which caused me to feel bad for snapping at him, but it didn't stop me from giving another look that caused him to shut his mouth and turn towards the teacher, "No need to be mean." He mumbled while looking straight ahead.

I growled to myself and shook my head before doing the same has Jacob. I knew snapping at Jacob wasn't very nice, but I wasn't in a nice mood today for some odd reason. And I've tried very hard not to be mean, but it just wasn't happening today.

I brushed some of my hair from my face and try to stay focus on what Mister Limes was saying, but I couldn't no matter what I did. So I turn my attention back to the outside world until the bell rang not even five minutes later.

I stuff my binder and book in my bag before following everyone else out the room and into the crowded halls of La Push High School. I pushed past people not caring if I was being rude towards them and made a bee line for my locker.

When I was finally in front of the piece of metal that held my books and other stuff that I had for my classes, I open it up and gasp when I saw what was inside of it. There sitting on top of my books was a small bouquet of red roses with a note laying beside it.

I reached inside and pulled the note from my locker and leaning against it before reading the note. Whoever had written it had really bad handwriting and it was hard for me to read at first, but I figure out what it had said after reading it four times.

Dear Eclipse,
I know this isn't the best way to ask you to the Homecoming Dance, but I knew if I ask you in person you would automatically reject me. Anyway I just want to know if you Eclipse Aurora Gomez would like to me my date to Homecoming and if the answer is yes then please meet at First Beach at Seven.

yours truly,
P


I slide the note back into my locker before slamming it shut and heading towards the lunch room. Once I was in the cafeteria I looked for everyone and finally spotted them towards the back of the cafeteria. I started walking towards them and took a seat next to Leah.

"Hey Eclipse!" Embry grinned waving at me from across the table where he sat between Quil and Jacob. I smiled at him and waved back before taking out my strawberry yogurt, an apple, and a bottle of water.

"Whats with the little lunch?" Leah asked looking at my food with a look of distaste and concern,

"I just haven't been hungry lately." I mumbled setting my bag by my feet and began eating my food not once joining the chatter that was all around me. Once I had finish my small lunch I grabbed my stuff and headed out the cafeteria before lunch was over.

I made sure I went to my locker to grab the stuff I will need for my last two classes before I headed towards Ruby's locker on the other side of the school. I set my bag at my feet and lean against her locker as I waited for her.

I hummed quietly to myself and tapped my fingers loudly against the locker behind me. I flinch when I heard the bell rung and the hallway fill with edger students to finish up the school day. I folded my arms across my chest and lean my head against Ruby's locker.

I looked back up right as Ruby was walking up to me with a look of concern upon her face. I was clearly annoyed at this point and she could tell by the way I stood.

“Hi Eclipse, is everything alright?” She asked once she had grew closer to me. I snorted and shook my head before answering her.

“How could you not tell me that Seth kissed you last night?” I asked stepping aside so Ruby could get into her locker and get her books for her next two classes. I had found out from Seth earlier this morning when we were in World History and felt kind of betrayed that I had find out from someone else and not my cousin who was suppose to be my best friend and tell everything.

“I would have told you later tonight when we had some privacy, besides you didn’t tell me that Paul kissed you. I found out from Paul” She said to me as she shut her locker door and looked at me. I was in utter shock and it was clear the Ruby knew that by the way she looked at me.

"That’s what Paul talked to you about, I would have told you but I was confused about it” I said to her as we walked towards our classes. She gave me a small nod before we bid our goodbyes and headed off to our classes.

Image


I sat on my bed trying to focus on my algebra homework when Ruby burst into my room with the look of pure happiness upon her tan face. I closed my book and through down next me.

"Seth ask to me to Homecoming!" She grinned causing me to smile back at her, "And on top of that I'm his girlfriend." Ruby shouted in glee as she rush out of my room and slammed the door behind her.

I chuckled to myself and lean against my headboard with a soft sigh. I was truly happy for both my cousin and Seth but I just couldn't get over the fact this had happen quiet fast. I groaned and pulled myself from my bed to look at the time.

Six O'clock stared back at me as I reach in my closet to change into something a lot warmer to meet my so called secret admirer at First Beach in about an hour. I pulled my hair up in a messy bun and wrapped my black scarf around my neck. I made sure I had everything before leaving my room and heading downstairs.

I was reaching for the door handle when I heard someone shuffle behind me. I turn around to see Ruby with her hands on her hips and giving me the "what are you doing" look.

"Where are you going missy?" Ruby asked me folding her arms across her chest as she waited for me to answer her, "You better not being doing another disappearing act like the one you did yesterday." She demanded her brown eyes blazing with questions for me.

I stayed silent has if to tell her that I will tell her later. Ruby sighed and shook her head before walking back into the kitchen. I took that as my que to leave and headed out the door.

Image


The drive to First Beach was a silent, but nerve wrecking one for me. I park in front of the desert beach and got out. The salty air drifted past me as I walked closer to waves and took a seat a log left over from the many times I had been here with the guys for one of their bon fires.

I breathed in the smell of salt and pine before closing my eyes to loose myself in the sound of the ocean. It felt so peaceful to be here alone and not hearing people shouting or screaming.

The sound of a twig snapping caused me to break out of my day dream and to look over my shoulder to see Paul walking towards me. He had a nervous expression upon his usually cold face and he was fiddling with his shirt as he grew closer to me.

I felt my heart speed up in both fear and panic as I stood up. I grabbed the end of my knitted sweater as Paul stood in front of me. I could tell something was bothering him as he kept looking away from me. I looked down at sand cover shoes in hope that it would give me the answer on why Paul was here, but I already knew why he was here. Paul was the one who wrote me that note and he was the one who wanted to ask me to Homecoming.

"Eclipse." He muttered causing me to look up at him which was a bad idea because once our eyes connect I couldn't pull my away from his, "I wanted to ask you in person if you would go to Homecoming with me." Paul choked out looking me with the most heart felt expression.

I felt my stomach tie up in knots as I gaze at him. Paul looked like he was going to break if I didn't answer him soon. I open my mouth to say my responds, but nothing came out and I could see him regretting ever asking me by the way he looked.

I sighed and walked up to him. Instead of saying my responds to him, I gripped his face in my hands and kissed him. Paul was shocked by my actions and so was I. He pulled me closer to him and deepen the kiss.

We soon pulled away from each other and Paul lean his forehead against mine. "I'll take that as a yes." He whispered against my lips and I nodded my head.

Paul smiled and pulled me into a tight hug before walking me over to my car. I felt my cheeks heat up as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his side. I knew right there I belong in this man's arms no matter what.

In her first passion,
a woman loves her lover,
in all the others all she loves is love
- Lord Byron
♠ ♠ ♠
Links;;
Outfit 1
Outfit 2

Muchos love to all that have comment. It means a whole lot to us, so please keeping giving us feedback. (:

<3,
jamieee.