Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

018

Eclipse's POV

The words of Jane Austen slipped through my mind as I laid on my bed reading Pride and Prejudice for like the thousandth time. I was so consumed by my book I didn't notice my cousin, Ruby had pop her head into my room until she said something.

“I’m going out for a bit Eclipse, I’m going to take a small hike in the forest” Ruby told me making look up from my book.

"Alright Ruby, just be careful and follow the path at all times. I don’t want you getting lost out there and don’t stay out too long” I told her watching as she nodded her head and then left my doorway to head down stairs.

After I made sure Ruby was gone I got up from my bed and slip some shoes on. I grabbed my keys, wallet and my cell phone from my computer desk before making my way down the stairs and out the door.

I had promise Paul that I would meet him at First Beach at three and I had like four hours to kill, so instead of passing them by reading, I've chosen to head to Forks for a bit. I shiver slightly when I came in connect with the cold and hurried up towards my car.

I click the unlock button and slide inside of the equally cold car. I pushed my key in and turn on my car, soon the sound of Pierce The Veil came flowing through the speakers and along with the heater. I sighed in relief and back out my drive way and started the ten minute drive into Forks.

Image


The rush of warm air mixed with the smell of coffee and baked goods greeted me as I walked into the small cafe that was located in the middle of town. The little beep above ringed telling the person to manged the front that they had a customer.

I walked up the front to see a girl no older then me with bright pink hair and the icy blue eyes. A smile was plastered on her pale face as she looked up at me. The name on her name tag said Clare.

"Hello, what can I get for you today?" Clare asked as soon as I was standing front of her

"Can I just get a large hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin." I said pulling the money from my wallet, "Also can you make that two blueberry muffins."

Clare nodded her head and added everything up. I handed her a twenty and told her to keep the change. I moved out of the way so other customers could order. Not even two minutes later a young guy handed me my hot chocolate and a paper bag with my two blueberry muffins inside.

I thanked him and walked over to a table towards the back of the cafe. I took a seat at a table next to the window and took a sip of my hot chocolate. I sighed in content as I felt the warm drink slide down my throat and a small smile tug at my lips as I pulled the cup away from them.

The sound of If I'm James Dean, Then You're Audrey Heapburn-Sleeping With Sirens played softly from my pocket. I pulled it out and saw it was a text from Paul. I felt a smile make it way on my face as I saw his name, but it soon changed when I saw what the text said.

Hey Eclipse,
I'm to say that we can't hang out today like we had planned. Something else came up and I can't get out of it. I'm sooo sorry hun. I promise we'll get to hang out soon though.


I sighed sadly and didn't bother texting him back since I didn't know what to say back with out sounding like a whiny bitch. I gather up my drink and muffins since I didn't want to be here right now. I walked quickly over to my car and got in, making sure my drink was in the cup holder and set the paper bag contenting my muffins in the passenger seat.

I turn my car on and pulled out of the parking lot not really having a destination in mind. I pulled on a road that lead to the forest. I stop my car about three miles from the main road and got out. A cold wind soon pushed past me causing my to wrap my arms tighter around my body.

'I wished I had dressed slightly warmer.' I thought to myself as I walked further into the dense forest. Not really caring where I was heading nor if I got lost or not. I let the sound of nature consume me as I sat down on a log in the middle of the forest. I hadn't bother to grab my cellphone or anything else for that matter. Only thing that I had with me was my car keys and that was it.

I lean back and rested my head against the tree that sat behind me. I closed my eyes and soon was cast into darkness.

Image


"You shouldn't be here!" A voice shouted at me as I stood in a middle of a meadow, "Its dangerous here." The voice said causing me to look around my surroundings.

"What do you mean?" I asked

"You need to leave." The voice urged

"Please tell me why its dangerous here." I yelled looking around where I stood for any signs of who was talking to me.

"You need to GO!" The voice shouted and suddenly I felt this energy push me


I wake up with a start the feel of sweat on me. My heart was beating hard against my rib cage as I shakily got off the log I had decided to set on earlier. The words of that voice from my dream still rang inside my head as I started walking towards where I left my car at.

I pushed my sweaty bangs from my face and wiped my face free of sweat with the end of my hoodie. As I was walking I got the feeling that I was being watched. I stop for a bit and looked around me to see if I could see anyone or anything watching me, but I saw nothing.

'Be calm Eclipse.' I thought to myself as I pretty much started to speed walk to my car as it came into view.

My hands shook has I dug in my pocket to get my keys out. Once I had them in my hand I click the unlock button several times before I got in and locked the door behind me. Fear was still making its presence inside of me as I turn my car on and drove away.

"Breathe." I told myself as I drove down the slink road as I headed home, "There's nothing out there."

I heard my phone buzzed from its spot on my dash board. I reached over and grabbed it to see a message from Ruby on it. I click on it and before I could read it, my car hit a patch of black ice and slide across the road.

I turn my hardest to control the car, but it wasn't working. A scream erupted from my mouth as the car served towards the trees and before I knew it I was cast into darkness once again. Not knowing if I was going to wake up again this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eclipse's outfit

Here's my update. I hope you guys like it also I'm getting kind of tired of having to beg and beg for people to comment on this story, telling us what you think of it or what we could do to make it better. Ugh! Anyway I hope Eclipse is alright and they she might live to see another day or importantly to see Paul again.

Well much love,
jamieee