Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

02

"Oh my god, why the hell are we out at the beach when its freezing?" Ruby asked, wrapping her coat tighter across her body.

"Because its fun and anyways we're not going in the ocean, so don't worry." I said, while fixing my hat upon my head and make sure no sand got into my TOMs.

Ruby sighed and stuffed her hands into her pocket while Jacob stood a few feet away from us, getting a fire started so we could have something warm to sit by until we left to head home later on tonight.

"Dude Jacob!"

"Man! Is that the Ginger girl?"

"What's she doing here?"

I rolled my eyes at the four boys that headed our way and went back to fixing up the food. I could hear the smack of skin as Jacob greeted, Paul, Quil, Embry, and Seth. I heard someone mumble something behind me before I felt some wrap their arms around my waist.

"Hey Eclipse." Seth breathed, resting his chin on my shoulder and letting his eyes roam over the food I was putting together, "Whatcha making?" He asked, pulling away from me and standing next to me as he eyed the food I shuffling around.

"Just somethings Ruby, Emily and I made last night and this morning." I laughed, handing Seth a muffin Emily had made.

"Who's Ruby?" Seth asked, pieces of muffin falling from his mouth as he asked that question.

I grimaced a little before handing him a napkin. "She's my younger cousin and best friend."

Seth nodded his head and wipe his mouth clean of muffin before going back over to where the boys were setting up the bonfire. I could hear them yelling and laughing as they tossed wood into the pit.

"Eclipse, do you need any help?" Ruby asked, walking over to me and resting her hands on the table.

"No, I got everything figured out." I mumbled, looking up into Ruby's glistening brown eyes and giving her a small smile, "But I do need your help making sure those boys don't tear up this table. Okay?" I said, making sure we had enough plates for everyone.

"Got it." Ruby grinned, stuffing her hands into the pockets of her jeans and waiting for me to finish up setting up the plates and all.

"Okay, everything is set up and ready to go." I announced, hearing Jacob yelling something and then running over to me.

"Is everything done, yet?" He asked

"Yes."

Jake grinned and called over the other guys. I moved out of the way as the guys stamped over to the food like they haven't eaten in days. Ruby looked over at me with a 'what the fuck' looked as she watched each guy pile on tons of food on their plates.

I shrugged my shoulders and silently made my way from the food table towards the circle of logs in front of a roaring fire. I let my green eyes dance across the flames as I listen to the crash waves.

The smell of sea filled my senses as I closed my eyes, letting the sounds of the ocean fill my body with a sense of peace.

"Hey ginger!" Paul loudly called to me as he took a seat across from me, "What the fuck brought you over here?" His brown eyes seem to brighten in the light of the fire, while his tan skin seemed darker.

I rolled my eyes and gave Paul a angry glare. "None of your fucking business, ass fuck." I hissed, venom dripping from every word.

A humorous grin appeared on Paul's face, but before he could say a comeback towards me, Jacob appeared next to me with two plates full of food.

"Hey babe, where's your food?" He asked, scooping up some beans onto his spoon and pushing it into his eager mouth.

"I haven't gotten my food, yet." I stated, watching as everyone else joined us around the fire, "I was waiting for everyone to get theirs before I get mine." I said, turning my attention back to Jacob, who was stuffing his face full of food.

I grimaced at him and got off the log I was sharing with Jacob and Ruby, who was in a deep conversation with Seth, who by the looks of it was really interested by what she was talking or he was just a really good actor.

As Ruby was talking to Seth, she looked up at me and gave me a small smile before going back to talking to him. I smiled back at her and finished up my short walk towards the food tent, where Emily and Sam were talking in harsh tones to each other.

"She should know that he imprinted on her, instead of hiding it from her." Emily hissed, her brown eyes flaring up with unhidden annoyance with her fiancé, "She has the right to know." She empathized, throwing her arms up in the air for dramatic effect.

Sam sighed in annoyance, "She doesn't have to know, if the one who imprinted on her doesn't want her to know."

Emily snorted and shook her head before looking over Sam's shoulder to see me standing there looking lost on what they were talking about. Emily smiled brightly before pushing past Sam and strolled over to me.

"How long have you been there?" She asked, wrapping her arm around my shoulders and walked me over where Sam stood with his arms folded in front of his chest. A blank expression took over his once annoyed one once Emily and I were standing by him.

"I just got there when you looked over." I lied, pushing my bangs from my eyes and looking over at Emily who was scooping up food on a plate, "I actually came over here to get me some food." I stated, grabbing a plate, but Emily beat me to it and handed me the plate she was making.

"Here hun." She grinned, pushing me towards the laughing group around the bon fire, "Don't worry about cleaning up, Sam and I will do that." Emily said, grabbing Sam and pushing him towards the food.

I nodded my head and took my seat next to Jacob, who was talking to both Paul and Embry about some girl who had him smitten for a while.

"I think Bella is the one." He said, a goofy grin made a way on his face, "She is the perfect girl for me."

"But sadly that fucking leech has her under his spell." Paul hissed, his jaw clenched in anger, "Stupid fuckers." He cursed

Jacob shook his head and turn around to grab something behind him and saw'll me sitting there pushing my food around.

"You alright, love?" He asked, his warm brown eyes flooded with worry over his best friend.

I looked up at him and gave him a small smile, "I'm fine, just not very hungry." I said, setting my plate on my left side and pushing my sunglasses up on my head before staring into the fire that sat across from me.

"Mhmkay." Jake mumbled before going back to talking to Paul and Embry, not noticing the sad look that grace my face.

I sighed quietly and listen to the loud conversations all around me before getting up. I was heading up the beach when I heard someone call my name from behind.

"Eclipse!" Ruby shouted, running towards me with Seth following right behind her, "Are you leaving already?" She asked, once she was closer to me.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I'm tired and I don't feel so well." I lied, the real reason I was leaving was because I didn't feel like I belong with these people and just wanted to leave before it got unbearable for me to handle, "You stay and have fun. Have Jacob bring you back home later on." I said before Ruby could responded to me.

"Okay." Ruby said, giving me a hug and watched me walked towards my car, "I hope you feel better."

I waved my hand at her and got into my car. I started it up and sighed when I felt the heater kick in.

Oh god, the heat feels so good. I thought to myself, putting the car in reversed and backed out before speeding out the parking lot and started the short trip home.

Not knowing what was about to happen was going to change my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
links;
beach wear.

so sorry it took me so long to get this chapter out. i kind of had a rough few months and didn't want to do anything for a while, but now i'm back and ready to get back into the writing groove.

lol.

<3
jamie.