Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

021

Ruby’s POV

I had been sitting beside Eclipse’s hospital bed for over an hour before Paul had joined me in the room but I couldn’t even imagine what he was going through; not only was he Eclipse’s imprint but he had also found her in her car that had basically wrapped itself around a tree so he saw Eclipse’s blood everywhere.

Jacob and his Dad Billy had kindly taken care of Eclipse’s car as it had to be towed away as it was now a ride-off so they dealt with that; I had been spending all of my free time at the hospital for the past three weeks as I waited for my cousin to wake up from her coma which I knew she would but she just needed some time for her body to heal.

“Ruby sweetie, you need to take a break and get some fresh air. I promise we wouldn’t be long and Paul is here if something happens” Seth said to me softly so we didn’t wake Paul up because it was obvious that he hasn’t been sleeping while Seth always made sure I got some sleep every night; he walked over to me before he kissed the top of my head.

“Okay but we can’t be away for too long” I said to him as I stood up from my chair as Seth placed his warm hand on my lower back as he lead me out of Eclipse’s hospital room; I walked through the hallways with him until we reached the hospital cafeteria which Seth lead me into so he could make sure that I ate some food today.

“We won’t I promise sweetie, but I don’t want you going back to sitting with Eclipse until you have something to eat. I made a promise to your Aunt Selene that I would take care of you” Seth said to me as he pulled a chair out for me to sit on while he went to get me some food; I was sitting on my own for a few minutes before my boyfriend returned to me with a tray full of food.

He had brought me a sandwich, a bowl of soup, a drink and a chocolate muffin which I wasn’t going to finish all on my own but I knew Seth would eat whatever I didn’t; I helped him set all the plates onto the table so he could go take the tray back to the counter as I started eating the soup.

“Why did this have to happen to Eclipse? She’s never had anything to anyone, why did she have to be the one who got hurt?” I said to Seth softly but I knew that he wouldn’t be able to answer me because no one knew why this happened to Eclipse; good people are always the ones who had bad things happen to them and Eclipse was one of the nicest people I knew.

“I don’t know Rubes but she’ll make it through this, we just have to be strong for her when she wakes up” Seth said to me as he ate half of my sandwich as he sat beside me at the table inside the cafeteria that was otherwise empty; which I was thankful for because I wasn’t the best company to be around right now.

“I just want everything to go back to normal, why couldn’t this happen to me? Eclipse doesn’t deserve this” I said as I finished eating my soup while I looked at my boyfriend who now had a frown between his brows and I knew he didn’t even want to think about me getting hurt; I knew if I was in the accident then Eclipse would be feeling all the pain and guilt that I was feeling.

“Don’t say that Ruby, please don’t say that. I don’t know how Paul is staying together, but if you ever got hurt then I would be able to survive knowing that I couldn’t protect you” Seth said to me as he took my hand in his before he leaned over and kissed my forehead; I looked into Seth’s warm brown eyes as I was starting to realise just what it meant to be an imprint.

“You are protecting me Seth and you’re doing an amazing job, nothing will happen to me. I’m just upset because there isn’t anything I can do to help Eclipse” I said to him as he moved his chair closer to me and wrapped his arm around my waist while he rubbed my side gently; I was comforted by the heat that I could feel coming off Seth’s unusually warm body.

“I will always protect you Ruby, just like Paul will always protect Eclipse” Seth reassured me as I halved my muffin with him as we ate in silence before we walked back to Eclipse’s room; I sat down on my usual chair and glanced over to Paul who was still fast asleep in the chair.

Paul had been more than wonderful during the past three weeks because I knew it was hard on him to see Eclipse laying in a hospital bed in a coma but he still made sure that I was going home and getting some sleep while I was at the hospital; he took care of me when Seth had to go run patrol around the premiers of La Push.

I took my cousin’s hand into mine again as I looked at her sleeping form which is when I noticed that the cut she had on her head was looking better than it did before; the doctor had told us that we should talk to her because it was known that it could help coma patients.

“Hi Eclipse, it’s Ruby again and I know this seems weird but the doctor said to try it. I don’t know ig you can hear me or not, but if you can please come back to us” I said to my cousin softly as I gave her hand a gentle squeeze as Seth stood behind me; so he could give me some time alone with my cousin to do what I needed to do.

“You’d be really pleased with Paul, he’s been taking care of me while I’ve been here and trying to help me through this. We all miss you Eclipse and we want you back, I hear your Mom crying at night and your Dad hardly talks anymore” I told her as I closed my eyes when tears formed in them but I didn’t want to cry as I had cried so much ever since the accident; I knew that I had to be strong for her and crying wasn’t going to let me be strong.

“I’m trying to be strong Eclipse but it’s so hard, please just wake up. I need you so much” I said to her quietly as a few tears rolled down my cheeks but I quickly looked back at Eclipse when I felt her fingers wrap around my hand; I jumped up from the chair as I leaned over her body as I watched her intensely.

“Paul wake up! Eclipse is starting to come out of her coma” Seth said loudly to wake Paul up which neither of us wanted to do but we knew Paul wanted to be awake for this; I watched as my boyfriend rushed out of the room to get a doctor and to call Aunt Selene and Uncle William to tell them.

“Eclipse? We’re right here for you, you’re in the hospital” Paul said to Eclipse softly as her usual doctor ran into the room to monitor her as she woke up slowly; she hadn’t opened her eyes or spoke but she was reacting to our voices and whenever we touched her arms or hands you could see that she could feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruby's Outfit

Please Comment!