Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

03

“Holy crap Ruby! You scared me” Eclipse said as she placed her hand over her heart when she saw me sitting on her bed; she had walked into her room after having a shower and obviously didn’t know that I was waiting her.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. I just wanted to talk to you about something” I told her softly as I watched her sit at her desk and brush her red hair; the same hair that I had as I stayed sitting on her bed.

“Its fine, what’s on your mind?” Eclipse asked me as she turned around in her chair so she was looking at me; for some reason I was nervous about asking her because I saw how badly he got under her skin last night.

“I was just wondering if there is anything going on between you and that Paul guy, I mean I saw how he treated you and heard what he said to you last night. But he was different after you left” I told her remembering how he got quiet after she left the bonfire and didn’t really talk to anyone; of course Seth told me to not worry about it but I needed to ask.

“There is nothing between Paul and myself, he is the most annoying guy ever. He’s the main one that picks on me, but that’s a show for another day. I’m taking you to Forks so we can get you school supplies” Eclipse told me as she frowned when she mentioned Paul’s name but I knew something was up by how he acted at the bonfire; but I decided to drop the subject for my cousin’s sake.

“Okay just let me go put some shoes on and I’ll be right down” I told her as I stood up from her bed and walked through her bedroom door before walking down the hallway until I reached my new bedroom; I walked inside and slipped some shoes onto my feet while I grabbed my handbag.

I walked down to the kitchen where I could hear Eclipse telling her parents where we would be for the day; Aunt Selene gave me some money for the school supplies and then we were out the front door, we climbed into Eclipse’s car and buckled up before she started driving towards the highway that lead to Forks.

“So you and Seth looked to be getting along really well” Eclipse said as she focused on the road but when I looked over at her I saw the smile on her lips; she was always putting everyone before herself and I knew that would never change.

“Well he’s really nice and friendly, he’s the only one who’s close to my age and he was the first one to come talk to me” I told her as I turned my head so I could watch the tree fly by us as Eclipse drove along the highway that connected Forks and La Push; I rested my hand on my lap and let my fingers fiddle with the hem of my jacket which was a nervous habit on mine.

“I’m just glad that you made a friend and I know he’ll look after you, so you don’t have to be nervous about school or being the new girl anymore” Eclipse reassured me as she drove through Forks and it was like she could read my mind sometimes; which wasn’t always a good thing but at times like this it was good because I wouldn’t have to explain it to her.

“I know that but I’m still going to be nervous either I’m with you or Seth, you know how much I worry about everything and I just can’t seem to stop worrying” I told her as she parked her car in front of a store and we both climbed out; she locked her car before we walked into the store and I picked up a basket to carry everything I needed to get in.

“Oh trust me I know first-hand how much you worry, I hate seeing you worry over everything even the small things. You just need to relax because I have you’re back, I’ll look after you Ruby” Eclipse told me as we walked around the store finding things that I would need; Eclipse had been over protective of me ever since we were kids.

“I know that and thank you, now let’s focus on getting everything I need for school” I said to my cousin who nodded her head while putting a few exercise books into the basket I was carrying; I picked out a pencil case and some pens while Eclipse picked up some binders for me.

Once I had all the supplies I needed and everything was paid for, we walked back outside before climbing into the car to start our drove home; we were driving past some houses when Eclipse stopped Jacob’s car parked at the side of the road so she pulled in behind his car and stopped.

“He’s seeing Bella again, let’s go say hi and see what he’s up too” Eclipse said as she turned her car off before she climbed out with me following her; I was interested in meeting this Bella girl because from what I heard Jacob was totally in love with her so I was hoping she was nice because I didn’t want Jacob to get hurt.

I walked with Eclipse onto the deck and knocked on the door but what surprised me was a guy opened the door a few seconds later and this guy wasn’t Jacob; he was really pale with golden eyes which I thought were strange and seemed to be around Eclipse’s age, maybe a year older than her which would make him the same age as Bella.

“Hey Eclipse, Ruby. Come on in” Jacob said waving us both into the house like he owned the place as the guy who opened the front door stepped aside and I instantly felt the tension that was in the air; I walked into the house behind Eclipse who walked straight over to Jacob so I followed not knowing where else to go.

“Hi I’m Bella and this is Edward, it’s nice to meet you” Bella said to me nicely once I was standing in her living room and it was clear to anyone that Edward was her boyfriend; now I knew where the tension was coming from and I understood why Edward looked so annoyed, it was because Jacob was there and he was the competition.

“Hey it’s very nice to meet you both” I said to mainly Bella because Edward didn’t seem to be paying attention to us as he gave Jacob a very firm look; but the next thing that happened was extremely weird because I thought to myself that Edward was rude and then he turned his stare onto me.

“Your friends will be here any minute now so I suggest that you three leave, we don’t want any trouble” Edward finally said something but it was of course to Jacob who seemed to understand the underlying meaning; it was also strange how he said the guys would be here soon because how would he know that?

“But we just got here and I’m sure Jacob would want to hang out with Bella more” Eclipse said causing Jacob to shake his head at her as a way to tell her to not worry about it; Jacob said his goodbyes to Bella before giving both Eclipse and I a gentle push towards the front door.

I opened the front door and walked down the porch steps but what I saw made me freeze in my place; Edward was right because all the guys and Leah were standing on Bella’s front lawn. I stood there as I watched Paul walked closer to us and he was not happy at all; I thought he was going to yell at Jacob for some reason but I was shocked when he started yelling at Eclipse.

I looked at my cousin who was standing right beside me and saw that she was just as shocked as I was; Paul kept yelling at her about coming here and how stupid she was for being here, that it was too dangerous for her and that she never thought before she did things.

“That’s enough Paul, I’m not going to stand back and watch you scream at my cousin like that” I snapped at Paul as I stepped in between him and Eclipse; I had no idea what made him snap like that because there wasn’t anything dangerous about visiting Bella and in my opinion Eclipse had the right to visit anyone she likes.

“Ruby its fine, don’t worry about him. I can take whatever he says to me” Eclipse said to me softly as she placed her hand on my arm and gently moved me so I wasn’t in the middle of her and Paul which didn’t make me calm down at all; I never really got angry but when someone messes with my family than they have to deal with me.

“Come on Ruby, just let Sam have a talk to Paul” Seth said to me as he took my hand in his and lead me over to Eclipse’s car while Leah took care of my cousin; I walked with Seth but for some reason I calmed down as soon as his hand touched mine.

I instantly felt different and I wasn’t sure why but I had this feeling that I was being pulled to something; I also noticed how warm Seth’s hand was which was weird because it was a cold day, I was wearing a jacket and I was still cold but the guys and Leah were only wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

“Why did Paul get so angry? Eclipse wasn’t in any danger and she’s not stupid” I said to him once I was leaning against Eclipse’s car and he hadn’t let go of my hand yet which I actually didn’t mind; I glanced over Seth’s shoulder who was standing in front of me and noticed Embry nudge Jared before they both looked over at us with smiles on their faces.

“He has his reasons Ruby and hopefully he’ll tell Eclipse soon, but please don’t worry about this because Sam will talk to him” Seth reassured me as he rubbed my hand with his thumb and I could feel my body relax even more; which confused me because that’s never happened to me before around new people.

I had no idea that this day would end up like this and the feelings that I got where confusing the hell out of me; I wanted to ask someone but I didn’t want to burden Eclipse and I didn’t know who else to go to so I did what I always did and kept them too myself. I didn’t know what those feelings would lead to or what I would found out because of how I felt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruby's Outfit

Please Comment Our Story, Tell Us What You Think!