Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

07

Ruby POV

I walked back to my bedroom after asking Eclipse to come to the bon fire with me tonight and I knew her agreeing to come was difficult; we both knew Paul would be there and when he’s around Eclipse then anything can happen between those two, I just wished that Paul would realise how amazing my cousin was and started being nice to her like she deserved.

I knew that Seth knew the reason why Paul was such an ass to my cousin but of course he didn’t tell me anything; he didn’t even give me a hint which is just going to make me watch Paul more because I hated it when people were mean to my family and I wasn’t going to let Paul get away with making Eclipse’s life hell.

I changed my clothes into something that would keep me warmer as I still wasn’t used to how cold it got here; I sat at my desk so I could brush my hair before putting it up into a messy bun with pieces of hair falling out. It was only a few minutes until Selene was calling for Eclipse and I because Jacob was waiting outside for us; I’m not sure why but he insisted on walking to the bon fire with us and I tried to refuse but he just ignored me.

“Hello my ladies, are we ready to go?” Jacob asked us once we walked outside to meet him and I couldn’t help but burst out into laughter when he linked his arms with ours; Eclipse smiled at her best friend while she shook her head as well.

“You are the biggest dork I know Jake” Eclipse said as Jacob started to lead the way to the beach where the bon fire was being held; it didn’t take us that long to walk down to the beach and I felt a smile spread onto my lips when I saw the bon fire already lit.

“I know I am but that just makes you love me even more” Jacob said with a smile as he let our arms go once we had walked over to everyone else that was already there; Jacob took Eclipse over to were Emily had set out the food while I just took a seat on a log and watched the bon fire flames crackle in the night.

“Emily always makes sure there is enough food for everyone, you should go get some before the guys get to it” I heard Seth tell me as he walked up behind me and took a sit beside me on the log; I looked over at him and was taken aback by how good looking he was when the light from the fire hit his face, of course he’s always been good looking but tonight was different.

“I’m not really hungry so the guys are free to eat my share of the food, and what about you? Aren’t you going to get something to eat?” I asked him as I noticed all the other guys had plates piled high with food; I still didn’t know why this lot of guys ate so much because I’ve seen guys eat before and none of them ate this amount of food in one sitting.

“I’ve already had something to eat, I helped Emily bring all the food down here so I ate early. So are you excited about tonight?” Seth said to me as his amazing deep brown eyes locked onto mine and for some strange reason I didn’t want to look away; a slight frown appeared between my eyebrows as what he said confused me.

“What’s so different about tonight? I thought it was just going to be everyone hanging out” I said to him softly as I suddenly got worried about what was going to happen tonight; I quickly looked around to see everyone that was at the last bon fire and that’s when I noticed some other people had joined us.

“The elders are going to tell our legends” Seth said to me quietly as Mr Black called everyone over to the bon fire; I glanced over at Eclipse who was sitting beside Emily with Paul on the log right beside her but my attention was soon captured when Billy said talking.

Billy told us all the stories of the tribe that used to live here ages and ages ago; there was a pack of men that protected the land and the people here from dangerous creatures called The Cold Ones, the men were able to transform themselves into wolves which is how they were able to keep everyone safe at all times.

Of course the men would try to hide from the village people when they were in wolf form just so no one would get scared; even though all the people in the town knew about the pack because one day a Cold One came into the town and started going on a killing spree because the pack had killed her mate, in the end the alpha’s wife had to stab herself to distract the Cold One which is when the alpha attacked and made his final blow.

I was so interested in the story that I wanted to know more about this group of men but I also didn’t want to look stupid if I started asking Billy questions; just the thought of a group of strong men that protect La Push with their lives made me feel a bit safer even though I knew the stories weren’t true, it was nice to think that the legend could be true and that there was a pack protecting us right now.

“Alright you can leave now, you aren’t even meant to be here. We’re only supposed to bring people we’re close too, not people we feel sorry for” I frown when Paul’s voice broke through my concentration and I instantly knew that he was talking to my cousin; I stood up before I marched over to him as I was sick of how he acted to Eclipse and I was going to give him a piece of my mind.

“The only person here who we feel sorry for is you Paul, why are you so horrible to Eclipse? Is it because you secretly love her but don’t want to tell her, or is it because you’re too much of a boy and you’re threated by her?” I snapped at him after I had grabbed his arm and turned him around to face me; I hardly ever get angry with anyone but if you mess with my family then you deal with me.

“Eclipse is such an amazing and selfless person that you should be grateful that you never know her, she doesn’t have to be here and yet she keeps on coming back because this is where her friends are. She’s puts up with you putting down every chance you get because she cares that much for her friends” I kept going to him causing everyone’s attention to be focused on us; normally I hate this much attention on me but I just didn’t care right now because I was just so angry with Paul that I just let it all come out.

I took a deep breath once I had finished and noticed the look of shock on Eclipse’s face as she watched me rip Paul down; I shrugged Seth’s hand off my arm when he tried to pull me back towards him so he could calm me down but I was too worked up for anyone to calm me down so I did the only thing that I could think of that that moment, I walked off the beach and headed into the forest which wasn’t the smartest idea I’ve ever had because it was getting dark and I could get lost in the day.

I heard Eclipse call out my name as she tried to come after me but Jacob stopped her and let Seth follow me; I was glad he came after me because then if I got lost he’d be able to help me but I still just needed alone time to calm myself down, Seth picked up on that and thankfully stayed a bit behind me which is all I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruby's Outfit

I'm Sorry That This Chapter Is So Boring, Future Chapters Will Be Better. So Please Comment!