Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

09

Ruby’s POV

I was beyond worried as I got led into Paul’s house by Seth who got told what happened by Sam so I still didn’t know what had actually happened; all I knew was that whatever happened was bad and Eclipse had seen something horrible which is why she was laying on Paul’s bed unconscious, I was more scared about my cousin than I was about finding out what happened.

“She’ll be fine Ruby, she’ll wake up when her body is ready. She was in a lot of shock when I found her” Paul told me as he stood at the foot of his bed and watched Eclipse closely which I would have over thought if this was a different situation; I carefully sat on the bed beside her and gently played with her red hair as we waited.

“Don’t worry so much about her Rubes, she’ll be fine and you know that. She’s strong enough to deal with this” Seth said to me as he stood behind me and ran his hand along my back to comfort me; it was like he could read my mind or at least sense my emotions because I did know Eclipse was strong but I was still going to worry about her.

“I know that but it scared me when you brought me here and didn’t tell me what was going on, just like when you pulled me out of the forest” I said to him as I kept my eyes focused on Eclipse in case she woke up; I was just calming down in the forest when Seth suddenly started looking around like something else was there before he took my hand and pulled me along with him.

“Look Ruby, I know that you don’t like me at all after everything I’ve done and said to Eclipse. But I’m never going to let her get hurt or for someone to hurt her” Paul said to me causing me to glance over at him and I saw in his eyes that he was telling me the truth; but I turned my attention onto my cousin when she stirred a little on the bed which was such a good sign.

“Where am I?” Eclipse asked as her eyes fluttered open slowly as she looked around the unfamiliar bedroom that she was in; I placed my arm around her back as I slowly helped her sit up because I knew that when she’s in an unfamiliar place she tends to freak out a bit.

“You’re at my house, you fainted so I brought you back here so you could rest. Ruby and Seth are here as well, Leah and Emily are in the living room with the guys” Paul said to her in a soft and caring voice which I had never heard from him before; which made me rethink what I said to him down at the bonfire and I was starting to feel bad about snapping at him if he really did care about Eclipse.

“Rubes how about you go into the kitchen and get Eclipse a glass of water” Seth said to me softly as he placed his hand on my waist and gently guided me off of Paul’s bed but I didn’t want to leave my cousins side; I thought it was strange how I had to leave the room when Paul or Seth could have gotten her a glass of water.

“Oh… yeah sure, I’ll be back in a minute Eclipse” I reassured her as I stood up from the bed and slowly walked out of the room and through the house to the kitchen; I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water while Emily kept asking me questions about Eclipse and if she was awake yet.

I told Emily everything that I knew as I glanced into the living room to see Leah and the guys sitting around on the couches; they were all grouped together as they talked quietly amongst themselves but I couldn’t hear what they were saying, the weird thing was when I talked past them to go back to Eclipse they all stopped talking and the only one who looked at me was Sam.

“I don’t want Ruby to know about what happened tonight, hell I don’t even know what really happened or what thing could even do that to Mr Jones” I heard Eclipse tell Paul and Seth causing me to stop walking down the hallway and listen in to the conversation; I knew that I shouldn’t be eavesdropping in what they were talking about but I couldn’t help it and I wanted to know what was going on.

“She’s going to find out Eclipse, it’s a small town so she’s over hear it somewhere. Besides you can’t protect her from everything, things like this are always going to happen” Paul said to her quietly but I could still hear what was being said because I didn’t close the door fully when I left; this confused me because Sam had told me that Eclipse found Mr Jones dead in his bookstore and that he had a heart attack.

“That’s where you’re wrong Paul, I’m going to do my best to protect her from everything. And if you aren’t going to help me with that, then don’t bother us” Eclipse said to him and I knew that he’d give into her because it was clear that he had feelings for her; I didn’t want to admit it but those two would make the cutest couple ever but I was slowly starting to realise that maybe Paul isn’t as bad as I first thought.

“All of us are going to help you with that Eclipse so you don’t have to worry about a thing, but maybe we should tell her what happened because I don’t want her finding out and then hating us for not telling her” Seth said just as quietly as Paul had and I was guessing it was so I wouldn’t hear them but it was too late now because I knew all of them where hiding something from me; before anyone could say anything I walked back into the room acting like I hadn’t heard anything.

“Sorry I took so long, Emily cornered me in the kitchen and wanted to know how you were doing” I said as I handed the glass of water to her but instead of sitting back on the bed I just kept standing; once Eclipse had thanked me for the water no one else said anything which just made things more awkward.

“Thank you Ruby, now I’m feeling a lot better so I think I better take you back home before Mom and Dad start to worry” Eclipse said as she finished the water off and slowly climbed off of Paul’s bed with the help of Seth who was now the closest to her; I took the glass from her and walked back to the kitchen where I left it on the sink.

I waited a few second until Eclipse had thanked and said her goodbyes to everyone before I followed her out to Paul’s truck so he could drive us home; I was just about to climb into the back seat when I felt two familiar warm hands on my waist so I turned around so I was face to face with Seth.

“Am I going to see you tomorrow Rubes?” He asked me as his warm playful brown eyes locked onto mine and I instantly felt bad for ignoring him; but I was just so confused and upset that they were keeping something from me, I had a right to know the truth because I liked to think that I could look after myself well enough.

“Yeah you will, of course” I said to him simply as I tore my eyes away from his and climbed into Paul’s truck while Eclipse sat in the front; Seth closed my door while I put the seat belt over my body and when I glanced over at Seth the sadness on his face broke my heart, but it was too late to do anything now because Paul was already driving us home.

The drive home was a silent one but it wasn’t as uncomfortable as I thought it would be but that could be because Paul nor Eclipse knew that I overheard them talking; and I think that things between Eclipse and Paul could finally start to get better well I was hoping they could be at least friendly towards each other so we don’t have to heard them fight.

“Thanks for everything Paul” Eclipse said to him as he parked his truck in the driveway and if they said anything after that then I didn’t hear because as soon as the truck at stopped I was climbing out; I didn’t even wait for Eclipse which wasn’t like me at all but I just wanted to get inside and go to bed so that’s what I did.

I walked into my bedroom and got changed into my pajamas before I washed my face and teeth while putting my hair into a bun; I could hear Eclipse talking to her parents in the living room as I walked back into my bedroom and climbed into bed but I suddenly got a strange feeling, like someone was watching me but I ignored the feeling and tried to get some sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment! It Means A Lot To Us!
And Sorry For The Boring And Crappy Chapter.