Collision Kisses

Six

Gerard’s P.O.V.

Ray and Bob are waiting for us when we get the pizza place, I’m relieved I didn’t wanna hang around for ages, I introduce them to Frank and they all get on like a house on fire.

I watch Frank as he talks to them and realise what a great actor he is, he talks to them about miniscule things, where he went to high school, music and how long he’s been playing guitar. Wait. He plays guitar?!

“Babe, you never told me you play guitar!”
“You never asked.” He says sarcastically. I see how it is Mr Iero, I make a mental note to get playful revenge later in the day.
“Babe?” Bob enquires “So you guys are like, together?” The next thing that happens is completely unexpected.

Frankie walks over to me, kisses me, in front of everyone remember and says “Uh huh, yes we’re together.”
I smile, still in shock and take his hand as we walk in and order our pizza.

Franks P.O.V.

I really like Gerard’s friends, it sounds stupid but we just got on really well. The thing I liked most was that they weren’t nasty about me and Gerard, they accepted it, they even looked happy about it. I guess they must have known about his sexuality I mean they spend most of their time with him. Not that it matters anyway.

It was about halfway through our XXXL pizza (there was 4 of us, it wasn’t really that piggish. Well maybe it was.) when Ray said something that I would probably remember for the rest of my life because it was so sweet.
“I’m glad Gerard finally managed to get with you Frank. I really like you, better than the other guys he’s been with. Oh and, it’ll stop me having to listen to him ramble on about you dreamily.”
I giggled and looked at Gee who had turned a bright shade of crimson.

Gerard and Bob decide that they need to use the bathroom so me and Ray stay at the table talking.
“Frank, I mean this, please don’t hurt him, you guys have potential I’ve only just met you but something gives me a feeling that you are gonna be good for each other.
I’m slightly taken aback by this but I feel that I should take in on board. This Ray guy is having quite an effect on me.

After saying goodbye to Gerard’s friends, we made our way back to his house. I was sitting next to Gee on the couch my head on his shoulder, his hand on my knee just watching tv. We enjoy just being together. After an hour I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, I wriggle and slide it out of my pocket with difficulty, that’s one of the problems when you wear tight jeans, I cursed myself before realising that Gerard loved these jeans, he had said so this morning. I looked at the caller ID, it showed Amy.
“Hey sis.”
“Hey Frankie, I’m really sorry but something has come up with mum, she’s gotten worse Frankie. I don’t know what to do, can I bring her to yours? Let her stay there until she goes Frankie. Please, I can’t do this on my own. I’ll come to yours to see her when I’m not working but I just can’t look after her on my own, I know she was meant to be coming back soon anyway but I really am losing it.”
“Amy, honey, calm down. Of course you can bring her home early, I’ll be home in 10 if you leave yours now I’ll at home before you get there. I’ll even make you coffee. Oh and Amy?”
“Yeah?”
“My new boyfriend will be there, Gerard. I want you to meet him and this seems like a good time. Maybe not the best time to, but the best time there’ll be for a while.”
I could tell that she was smiling on the other end of the phone line.
“Of course Frankie, I’ll see you in 10.”
“Bye Amy”

I turn to Gerard and he just smiles. Before saying,
“Meeting your sister and your mum in about 9 minutes I take it.”
“You guessed it baby.” I retorted.
He laughs and kisses me softly, part of me wanted to deepen the kiss but I knew this wasn’t the time and this was a kiss full of love. A kiss to let me know he was there to hold my hand. No matter what.

Gerard’s P.O.V.

I’m slightly nervous about meeting Amy and Linda, and I guess I’ll have to get my revenge on Frank for his sarcasm some other time. I don’t want them to hate me. I wanna help Frank through this and I cannot do that if they hate me and don’t want me to be around.

For fuck sake Gee, stop over analysing everything will be fine! We get to Frank’s and just as we sit down, there is a knock at the door. Frank gets up to open it, but before he does he turns around to give me a reassuring smile. I smile back and the door clicks as it opens.

I look over to see a girl, just shorter than Frank and she looks a little like him, same beautiful eyes. Her hair is long and a lovely chocolate brown and she greets Frank with a hug. She is supporting a woman by linking her left arm with the woman’s arm. The woman I’m assuming must be Frank’s mother. She looks exhausted, but that’s to be expected I suppose.

“Mum, Amy, this is Gerard.” He says, the anticipation clear in his voice.
“Hey.” they say in unison, looking me up and down.
“Frankie, he looks nice. Damn you, your boyfriend is hotter than mine.” Amy says.
We all laugh and I blush.
“I’ll make coffee” Frank offers and I sit back on the couch with Linda and Amy.

After about half an hour of social chatter and having a laugh Linda says:
“You’ll look after my Frankie won’t you Gerard? I like you, I wanna watch you together from up there” she says, as she points to the sky.
At that moment I realised what a brave and wonderful woman she was. She wanted to see her son happy even when she was dying and in agony that’s all she wanted. She wasn’t afraid of dying and in the 30 minutes of me knowing her, I looked up to her more than anyone I’d ever met.