Collision Kisses

Nine

Gerard’s P.O.V.

I walked around the corner, the coffee shop was in sight. What a load of memories the place is going to hold by the time I die. I push open the heavy glass door and step inside. I then look up at the counter, expecting to see Frank but I don’t. Claire is there, so where’s Frank?

I walk up to the counter,
“Hey Claire,”
“Hiya Gerard.”
“Do you know where Frank is?” I mentally kick myself for almost asking for Frankieboy.
“Yeah, he’s sitting over at that table.” She points at the table and I start to walk over, feeling completely stupid because I didn’t notice when I walked in.

I sit down opposite him and place my hands on his on the table. His head shoots from the window to me, with panic on his face. Then he realises it’s me and smiles, leaning across the table to kiss me on the cheek. I look him up and down and I’m confused
“Frankie, why aren’t you wearing your uniform?”
“Because I’m not working today.” He replies cheekily.
“Well, that would figure.” I say, unable to give a witty comment back. “ Are we going to mine or yours?” I continued.
“Neither. Can we go for a walk in the park?” I smile at this; I mean how cute is that?
“Yeah, course we can. C’mon lets go.”

I take his hand as we walk towards the park, which is deserted anyway. It always is, honestly I never see kids out and about these days, they’re always inside surfin’ the net or whatever they call it. I turn and look at him, he looks sad but that’s understandable. He does however look rather cute, his fingers laced with mine, a look of pure thought on his face and I have to smile. He then turns to talk to me.

Frankie’s P.O.V.

“What you smiling at?” I ask, wondering why the smirk that is placed on his lips is still there.
“Just you.” He remarks.
“Oh, just me. What’s so funny about ‘just me’?” I ask, using my fingers to display the quotation marks.
“The way you hold my hand so tight that the circulation stops slightly, its like you think I’m going to run away if you don’t. The way you swing your hips when you walk. The way your left eyebrow twitches when you’re deep in thought.” He says, the smirk still present on his lips sounding pretty sure of himself.
“Oh, Mr Observant now are we?” I smirk too now, and then get him back “like the way you rub your thumb over mine, or the way you smoke left handed yet you’re right handed. And the way you run the shower while you get undressed then get in it, or the way that whenever you see me you smile like you’ve fallen in love all over again.” I retort, sounding pretty sure of myself too. I hear him gasp then say
“Anyone would think you’re my stalker Frankieboy.” I laugh at this comment and then say something that I know will shut him up.
“Nah, I’m not a stalker. I’m just in love.” I hold my breath just after I’ve said it, not sure if I’ve said too much. He stops walking, as do I then turns to face me.
“Do you really mean that?” he says, anticipation clear in his voice. I just not in response.

He takes hold of my other hand and stands there looking into my eyes. He leans forward and gently kisses me on the lips.
“I love you Frank Iero” he says “Race you to the swings!” he drops my hands and runs off in the direction of the swings, with me following not long afterwards.

I sit on a swing and start to push myself, I’m surprised there aren’t any kids here really, but I guess we don’t live in the best neighbourhood. I start to think about mum bringing me to this park when I was a kid, and I pump my legs harder attempting to get higher and higher every time I swing.
I get progressively more and more powerful with the movements of my legs as I think about my mum more and more. I lean back and throw my legs forward, the chains then tightens and I bend my legs, when the chain is tight again I lean back and push my legs again.

“Frankie! Frankie are you okay?” Gee seems really concerned. Only then is it I realise that a single tear has fallen from my eye. I continue to swing with violent force and reply to his question.
“I’ll be fine.” This is one of the only times I like being so short, it means that my feet don’t collide with the floor when I swing backwards.
“You’re thinking about your mum aren’t you?” How does he do that?!
“How did you know?” I ask flatly.
“Because I know you! Frankie, she left us a letter, she told me before….before….before she passed. It’s in the top drawer of her bedside table. She left Amy one too, I don’t know what it says she wanted us to read it together, and well I didn’t know when to tell you but now seems like a good time.” I smile. He tries to do the right thing so much, he has such a kind heart. I’m glad he chose now to tell me.
“We’ll go and get it if you want?” he continues, the question clear in his voice and I can tell he doesn’t quite know what I right now.
“Yeah, but Babygee?” we both giggle slightly at the use of the silly nickname but he answers anyway,
“What Frankieboy?”
“Can we stay at yours tonight?” I ask, I don’t wanna stay home, not where it happened. I can’t stay there, not yet anyway.
“Erm, yeah. But why?” He asks, with an extremely cute look of confusion on his face. I feel slightly guilty for thinking about this in a moment of such sadness but I then remember what my mum said.
“Because, I don’t wanna sleep in the place she died, not yet. In a couple of months maybe but I can’t do it yet.” I say. I haven’t got a plan for the next couple of months, but it honestly wasn’t a hint to stay at his for that long.
“I’m sure Mikey won’t mind you moving in with us.” He says, a hint of excitement in his voice.
“Move in?!” I hadn’t expected that. Although it did sound extremely good.
“Yeah, move in. Do you want to?”

I think about it for the grand total of about 1 second. Of course I want to. I do not answer him though, I scrape my feet across the floor, finally slowing my violent swinging and walk over to him. I place one hand on his hip and the other behind his neck, I kiss him passionately and feel him wrap his arms around my waist. I pull back for a moment and nibble on his earlobe, before whispering in his ear,
“That’s a yes babe.”
He smiles from ear to ear and kisses me again, forcefully.

Is it just me or is my life changing rapidly with not much thought behind it?