Status: Active for the moment

I'm Not the Last, but I Sure Ain't the First

My Smile, My Pain

•The following day•

I laid in bed knowing Tuck was gone, which left me all by myself as usual. I didn't have much to do since I couldn't leave the house without his permission. Even if I didn't get caught leaving or getting in, he would always know somehow that I had left.

He must have had the place rigged, though I couldn't care any less because I didn't like to go out that much anyway. I decided I should probably clean up his mess from last night, then find something productive to do.

I somehow ended up in the attic, messing with all of the old things we put up there. Old, pictures, clothes, papers, ETC. I came across an old picture of us when we first started going out.

In the photo I looked happy but he looked somewhat distracted, like he didn't really want to be with me.

•••

I sighed then put the picture down when I suddenly heard the phone ring downstairs. Who could be calling? No one ever calls anymore, I thought. I picked up the nearest phone and heard yelling and stuff breaking over the receiver.

"Hello!" I yelled into the phone, hoping whoever called me could hear me.

"Yo Matty, what's up, buddy?" Jimmy yelled over all of the chaos in the background.

"Uh -- nothing much, dude. Uh -- where the hell are you at?"

"Oh, I'm at home." Someone in the back, probably his girlfriend, screamed that it wasn't his home anymore.

"Are you having trouble over there? Do you need me to come get you or something?" I asked, knowing that Tuck would bitch about it later, but I didn't care at the moment, Jimmy was my friend.

"Yeah Matt, could I -- OH SHIT! Why would you throw a knife down there?" She screamed back, but I couldn't understand her.

"Oh yeah, Matt: could I stay with you and Tuck for a few days? I promised t -- STOP THROWING SHIT AT ME BITCH!" He yelled, forgetting what he was going to say.

"Yeah, it's okay, just don't get killed," I said, hoping he would get out of there before she could do anything else.

"Okay, I should be there in, like, 20 minutes, hopefully alive," He whispered the last part, and then hung up.

I didn't mind having Jimmy here; but would Tuck mind? I didn't know, but I guess I would find out tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I don't think I like this story, but tell me what you guys think. And if I do keep it I have a small surprise.

But comment and subscribe please.

-Daiton