Status: Active; Comments, please?

The Grace of Demons

Chapter 2

The Grace Of Demons
Chapter 2

I curl my fake-blonde hair, singing quietly to myself in the mirror. Ariel sat on my bed in her half-asleep cat way. I start putting on my makeup, hurrying as I was sure to be late. I run into my closet to change my clothes.

“What do you think, Ariel, too much?” I ask, modeling for my cat.

She meowed, purring. I nodded, taking that as a You look fine, Katherine. I smile, grabbing my coat, and heading out toward the restaurant. I walk down the chilly streets in mid-January Savannah, Georgia. I shivered inside of my coat.

The street was silent other than the click of my heels against the pavement. Oh, and the couple who are practically having sex against the wall in an alley. Wait a minute … that guy looks oddly familiar …

The girl moaned, throwing her hair and head back, and then I saw part of his face. My breath got stuck in my throat.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. “L-Luke?”

He looked up at me with his brown eyes that I love. “Kristina?”

I hadn’t been called Kristina in over a year. I look around once. I could really use a crowd right about now. I go running as fast as I can, and am in my apartment nearly a second later. No exaggeration. Remember, I was bit by a Vampire? That Vampire who I just ran into, to be exact.

I hold my breath, my eyes wide with shock, and my body trembling with fear. Oh, no. He would be sure to tell everyone where I was … and then He would find me. It would be all over then. Maybe he would cross it off as a figment of imagination? Hopefully … please …

The familiar meow scared me in and out of my skin. I jumped, a squeak of a scream escaping my lips. Ariel rubbed against my legs as I tried to calm down and steady my panting. I was surprised that my heart hadn’t broken my rib cage it was beating so hard.

“I’m sorry, Ariel,” I coo, petting her as she begins to purr. “I just got a little spooked.”

• • •

My hands were shaking, my heart was racing, and I honestly felt like I was going to puke my guts out. I couldn’t believe I had gone through with this. It had been three days since I had seen Luke, and my paranoid mind had reached its peek. I need the money, I remind myself.

I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie is made up on your side


When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?


When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too


When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through
The day and make it ok
I miss you


I've never felt this way before
Everything that I do reminds me of you
And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor
And they smell just like you, I love the things that you do


When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see his much I need you right now?


When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
And when you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too


And when you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through
The day and make it ok
I miss you


We were made for each other
Out here forever
I know we were, yeah


And all I ever wanted was for you to know
Everything I'd do, I'd give my heart and soul
I can hardly breathe I need to feel you here with me, yeah


When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
And when you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too


And when you're gone
All the words I need to hear will always get me through
The day and make it ok
I miss you


I try to hide the smile that forms on my face from singing the song. I stand up from the stool, and begin walking toward the door. I’m just side-show entertainment, nothing special. I only have to sing one or two songs. Which is fine. I get paid well enough.

The cold air nipped at my skin, and I sucked in a sharp breath. I cannot wait until summer. I’m sick of the frost of winter; I’m fed up with the cold. I was born in California, after all, and I love the warmth of it. I tighten my coat around me as the wind whips past me, making me shiver from the coolness.

I was in my apartment, hearing the familiar meow of my kitten. I smile to myself, sitting my coat on the counter in the kitchen. “Ariel?” I ask quietly, walking into my bedroom. I frown. Usually Ariel’s always purring and wrapped around my legs. “Ariel, baby?”

I walk into my bedroom confusedly. “Ariel, baby, are you alright?”

I was honestly worried by this point.

I walk into the living room, and freeze. There was the silhouette of a familiar figure sitting on my couch, his back toward me. Ariel climbs over his shoulder, peeking at me to meow. He turns around to face me.

Then I fainted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, guys. I’ve been goin’ through some stuff, and it’s been kinda preventing me from writin’ anythin’ lately. I’ll try to get chapter three out sooner than this one. (Depends on how tense it might get. I always have trouble writin’ those.)