Status: READ. COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE. <3 (: I'll give you a cookie if you subscribe.

You're The Only One That Can't See It

Romeo and Juliet; Not As Romantic For All Of Us.

~Monday afternoon, 4:30~

"I'll see you at school tomorrow," I say to Drai as he drops me off at my front porch.
"Okay, think you'd be able to wake up at 4?"
"What?" I ask surprised.
He laughs, "Well, you don't have to look at me like I'm crazy, I just was wondering if you would, cause I got a little bit of a surprise.."
"Sure.. Just don't kidnap me or anything" I smile at him and kiss him on the cheek.
"Love you,"
"Love you too,"

I open the door with my key, and step into the empty house. Well, maybe not so empty.
"Andrea! You're home!"
"Hey Kate, why are you-"
"I needed to make sure that you were going to actually show up for your tutor lesson."
"Kate, I don't need you to check in on me, I'm mature enough t-"
"I know, I know but go have a shower, he's going to be here in about half an hour or so."
"Yes mother," I answer sarcastically.

I have a quick shower, throw on a bit of makeup, grab my books and spread them across the table. I grab a can of pop and sit on the couch and wait for Kenneth to arrive. He's somewhat like a friend, but I was not excited about the tutoring at all. That look he gave me just creeped me right out. But sure enough, five minutes later there's a knock at the door. I sigh and open the door to reveal the one and only, Kenneth Tairette.

"Hey Andrea," He says smiling,
"Hey, come on in,"
He walks in and has a little look around the room. He takes off his shoes, and i grab his jacket and hang it in the closet. He sighs, once again smiling.

"Now, where should the boring begin?"
"I just put my books out on the kitchen table," I say, leading him through my not-so-big house. And to my surprise, he pulls out a chair for me before sitting in his own seat.

"So what are we working on here?"
"Shakespeare,"
"You're failing Shakespeare!?"
"Shut up!" I exclaim while laughing and slightly blushing at how stupid I really am.

"Okay, well all you really have to do is read, and review. Now, what book are we assigned with?"
"Romeo and Juliet."
"Have you started it yet, or are we going from the beginning?"
He takes the book from the table and starts flipping through pages randomly.
"Okay, so do you know the general story?"
"All I know is that it's incredibly romantic, and then they die at the end."

Kenneth laughs and says, "Well, that's true, but that's not the whole story. You see, there are two main families in the town of Verona. They're enemies. Romeo is part of the Montague family, so him and his friends decide to crash the Capulet's masquerade party. Juliet is waiting for Paris, who would like to marry her. Being in masks, Romeo ends up meeting Juliet instead. That's where they fall in love. They don't find out until after that they're from separate families. Meaning it's kind of like a forbidden love. But they still get married the next day."

"Wait," I say shocked, "They got married the next day?"
"Yes, in that time they would often meet once then get married right away. Sometimes, they would want to marry them even before they met. And the average age to get married is about 14. Romeo was 14 years old, and Juliet was 13."
"That's insane!"

Kenneth just shrugs and continues telling about the story, "After the wedding Romeo finds his best friend, Mercio, fighting with Tybalt. Tybalt was angry that they had crashed the Capulet's party, so they fight to the death. Tybalt kills Mercio. Romeo is so mad that he challenges Tybalt. Romeo kills Tybalt. Then Romeo runs before everyone shows up. The prince of Verona does not kill Romeo, but banishes him from Verona forever. Romeo hides at Friar Laurence's and they spend their wedding night together. Though Juliet is upset about the death and murder, considering that Tybalt was her cousin."

"I never knew there was so much.. violence in the worlds most romantic love story ever." I shudder inwardly. Kenneth laughs and answers,
"Well it's also called the worlds most tragic love story ever. And I actually think that name fits better." I laugh in agreement,
"Well that's some of the story, I won't go into intense detail on our first day. Okay so, what is it that you really don't understand?"
"Well, it's all in old English. i don't understand any of it!"

Kenneth sighs and shakes his head.

"Then we'll start with one line at a time. One of the most famous lines is, 'O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name. Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love. And I'll no longer be a Capulet.' What do you think Juliet means?"

"Umm, maybe she's looking for Romeo?"

"Don't just guess. But you are partly right. She is looking for Romeo, but why is she looking for him, and how do you know?"

"She's obviously looking for him, because she loves him. I know, because I just do. If you love someone, you always run after them."

Kenneth nods and then mumbles something. I ask him what he said, but he won't answer. It sounded like he said something along the lines of, I just can't run fast enough to catch up with Drai, can I?. I think he wanted me to hear because he had said it just loud enough for me to barely hear. And because he stared at me in some kind of look, as if regret. He stares at the page and continues his lesson, but talking quiet, as if he didn't want to be here anymore.

Oh god. What has my simple life become? It's already turning back into the tornado of unanswered questions.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY FOR THE EXTREAMLY LATE UPDATE!
I didn't have a computer. For months. Trust me, I was dying just as much as you guys were as you waited for my update.

THANKYOU to all the subscribers who didn't give up on me, <3