Status: Completed

Lessons Learned

Vias

One week.

It’s been one whole week since I’ve seen Parker and holy shit am I worried. There have been no calls into school excusing his absences either and that is the worst part.

I shouldn’t be worrying about him.

I am though, and I’m almost worried sick. I haven’t eaten since yesterday.

The bell rang, releasing the students and me to lunch. Unable to contain myself any longer, I looked on the computer to see where Parker lived. I mean hell, a whole week went by. Any normal person would be worried for someone else missing for a week.

1145 Northwest Avenue

I wrote the address down and nearly ran to my car, avoiding Hallie like the plague, much like I had the previous four days of the week.

I hopped into the car and started it, gunning it out of the school and driving as fast as I could to get to the address. When I did though, I looked around, wanting to make sure that this was really his house before walking up to the door and knocking.

I knocked three times before taking a step back to allow the door to open and let me in, noticing the old broken planters on the side of the step, looking like they once had held beautiful flowers, but those days were no more.

Wondering what was taking whoever was inside so long, I knocked again, then against my better judgment, my eyes darted towards the door handle.

I shouldn’t just let myself into someone else’s house. The rational part of my brain said to me, but the other part spoke up and after that, I was determined.

Parker’s in there.

Taking in a big breath, I put my hand and twisted the door knob, finding that the door easily slid open to reveal a sight I never wanted to see.

“No!” I screamed as I rushed forward, seeing Parker’s limp, broken body lying on the floor.

Before I even knew what was going on, I had my phone out and it was in my hand, 911 already having been dialed.

“Hello, this is 911, what is your emergency?” I heard a woman’s voice ask and I screamed into the phone.

“I need an ambulance at 1145 Northwest Avenue, quick! I’m not sure if he’s going to make it!” I exclaimed.

“Stay on the line please, and ambulance has been sent. Now, what seems to be the problem…is there any external bleeding?” She asked, trying to keep me calm, I’m sure, but all I could do was sit here and stroke Parker’s flawless skin, only marred by the bruises that seemed to litter his body.

“No, mostly it looks internal.” I said quietly and looked around, searching for any stairs, seeing them, but they faced the other way. He couldn’t have fallen down them; someone must have done this to him.

A growl ripped from my throat as I realized this, and when I found out whom, they were going to die.

I hadn’t realized there were tears sliding down my face until I felt one drop onto my hand as I climbed into the ambulance with Parker after they had come and I told them I was his older brother so I could to with him.

After this, there was no chance in hell I was leaving his side.
♠ ♠ ♠
omfg, two updates in one day?!?!?!??!?!
you know you love us:D

though it's not the happiest update.....:D

com/sub?