Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Gian

It's that time of year again. 

No, not the time when you have to put up your Christmas tree. Not the time when you have to worry about report cards. Not the time when you have to clean out your closet for good will. 

No, I'm talking about the time of year when army brats are waiting to find out which one of their friends' going away party they have to plan. 

It seems to be a tradition no matter what base you're living on and parents always get relocated at the exact same time of year: two months after the school year has started. 

L'von, my brother, has been praying to get the fuck out of Nevada for the past few months but, in all honesty, it's his own fault that Fallon is hell for him. He keeps bringing home these (and I quote) 'big booty bitches' and expects them not to find out about each other. Let me just say, it didn't work out very well. 

Mom heard one of them call me a honkey (whatever the fuck that means) and completely went off on L'von for bringing 'disrespectful sluts' into her house. Trust me, you never ever want an angry black woman's wrath turned on you, especially after you've insulted one of her babies. 

Not only that but mom had unintentionally disclosed that he had brought more than one 'disrespectful slut' into the house. 

After that ordeal L'von couldn't wait until the day dad told us that he was being transferred. 

The news came on a particularly good day. L'von had gotten a good grade on his chemistry test and I had at least passed mine. 

We burst into the house, ready to receive praise, and found our parents in a heated liplock. We screamed in horror, as any teenager would, and they broke apart to tell us the good news. 

Dad was offered a job training students to operate the newest aircrafts at the Naval Academy. He accepted, of course, and the moving date was set for two weeks from that day. 

L'von started packing immediately. He's the 'be prepared' type. I'm the 'wait till the last minute and beg L'von to help me' type. Instead, I called everyone to let them know that we were to be included in the going away part frenzy. 

"Gian!" Mom calls. Her voice is only slightly muffled so I assume it came from the bottom of the stairs. 

"Yeah?!" I call back.

"Boy, get cho' ass down here. You know I don't like to be yelled at. Damn near lost your mind." 

I cringe knowing damn well that mom doesn't like being yelled at. I hop down the stairs two at a time and meet her in the kitchen. "Yes mommy?" 

"It's your turn to choose dinner." She informs me. 

I throw my hands up and wiggle my hips in victory. "Fried chicken!" 

She rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "I swear, Gian. You're blacker than midnight." 

"Dun chu be trippin' ma." I laugh. "Don' front." 

She sucks her teeth and shoo's me from the room. "Boy, if you don't get outta here..." 

I press a kiss to her cheek and skip from the room. I wonder what Annapolis will be like...
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, the first chapter is out.
I have nice ideas for this one and I think you guys will really like it.

Just in case you're confused, Gian is white but the rest of his family (mom, dad and L'von) are black. Gian was adopted. All this is explained on the character page so go read that so you don't get further confused. It really explains a lot.

Please, please Comment&Subscribe.