Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Treason

"Look guys, the faster you answer the question the faster we can move on with the lesson." Mr. Syfret says, exasperated. "The test is tomorrow and I'm not gonna have a problem failing you." 

The class stays silent. It's not like nobody knows the answer, it's that nobody feels like answering. I personally had a shit morning and I'm not in the mood for this AP Euro bull. Mr. Syfret stares at us and we stare back, neither one giving in.

Suddenly the phone rings, breaking the silence and the tension of the room. Syfret answers and murmurs a few 'Uh-huhs' before handing up and pointing to me. "Mr. Grey, go to the office for me. I need you to pick something up." 

I don't argue, I just stand and leave, not bothering with a pass. The hallways are empty save for the few with signed slip dismissing them to the bathroom. I take my time because I'm in absolutely no rush to get back to that classroom, yet no matter how slow I walk it's not like the office is that far away.

I push the heavy door open and stride to the front desk. "Excuse me, I was sent for Mr. Syfret."

The secretary smiles and I expect her to hand me a stack of papers or something. Instead she points to my left. "Please escort Mr. Vercillian to class." 

I look in the direction her finger is pointing and see two boys watching me. I study the first one quickly before letting my gaze fall on the second. I know that one of them is supposed to come with me, I'm just not sure which. The taller of the two is black and he's dressed incredibly well without the labels of Abercrombie&Fitch or American Eagle stitched on his shirt, which is a nice change. The shorter one is white and also dressed well yet different. Instead of accessorizing with a scarf like his taller companion, he has a simple lip ring encircling his upper lip. His hair is neatly straight an his eyes are shining happily. I can already tell that he's going to be popular here in just a few days.

I glance at Ms. Pruitt because she still hasn't told me who I'm taking. I realize that she's not going to and go to stand in front of them, brushing my hair out of my eyes and offering a friendly smile. "I'm...Uh, I'm not sure who I'm supposed to take." I glance back at Ms. Pruitt, hoping she heard me and will help out but she doesn't. I roll my eyes and turn my attention back to the two strangers. "Who's got Mr. Syfret for second block, I guess." 

They both look down at their schedules before switching. The taller of the two steps forward and offers a hand. "I'm L'von and this is my brother, Gian." 

I take his offered hand and shake it quickly, not being one to enjoy awkward introductions. Brothers, I think. How are they brothers? 

I mentally shake my head, deciding not to pry. "I'm Treason."

L'von's eyes get noticeably bigger. "Wait. Like, your name is Treason?" 

His brother elbows him and I allow an amused smile to form on my lips. Everyone is surprised when they first hear my name. "Yeah. So, Uh, we should probably get going." 

L'von slings his bag over his shoulder and follows me to the door which swings open unexpectedly catching me off guard and and almost hitting me in the face. 

I look down and see one of the only people in this school I consider to be a friend. Remember how I said that not all girls are evil? She's one of the exceptions. Sabrina and her two friends, Jade and Ivy, are the only three sophomores I can stand. Actually, scratch that. They're the only three people in this school I can stand period. 

"Sorry, Treason. I didn't see you there." She says airily. 

I assume she's here for the other boy so I smile slowly and shake my head. "Calm down, Rina. He's not going anywhere." 

She pokes her tongue out at me and does that Sabrina thing where it looks like she's floating instead of walking. She's a dancer and I guess that's just what dancers do.

I hold the door for L'von and follow, falling into step with him quickly. He doesn't waste any time breaking the silence. "So, what's this school like?" 

I shrug. "Okay, I guess. It's not overly amazing but it's a good place to go, I think." 

"What about the teachers?" 

"Uh, it's a mix. Some don't give a shit and some are the strictest motherfuckers on the planet." I answer thoughtfully. 

"And when are drama auditions?" He asks randomly. 

"Friday." I answer automatically, silently asking mysel why unknown the answer to that question. "You're an actor?" 

"Yeah, and my brother and I swim in the spring as well." 

I nod slowly, continuing to leave the question of how they're brothers out of my mind. I've probably already learned too much about these boys anyway.

We get to the classroom and I allow him to enter first. He has a thirty-second conversation with Mr. Syfret before sliding into the empty desk behind me. 

"You guys, last chance to answer the question before I stop reviewing and just give you the test now." Syfret threatens. Still no one speaks up until L'von raises his hand.

"What was the question?" He asks.

Mr. Syfret looks slightly relieved. "What were the causes of World War II?" 

L'von laughs under his breath. "Hitler, Stalin, Tojo, Franco and Mussolini were being assholes and demanded a totalitarian government. Of course they clashed and bam, World War II."

Mr. Syfret looks taken aback yet pleased at the same time. "Thank you Mr. Vercillian." And he continues on with the lesson.

When class ends L'von falls into step with me and asks of I can show him to his next class. It's in the science wing and I'm headed that way so I agree. People try not to stare but it's kind if obvious. I don't usually talk to people at all except for the three girls and that's usually only at lunch, so it's got to be sone kind of surprise that I'm walking with a kid who just showed up.  

I take him to the chemistry classroom and he asks about my lunch schedule. When he finds out we eat at the same time he requests that we sit together. I'm taken off guard so I agree and head to physics quickly. 

Only two minutes later I realize that that might have been a mistake. What have I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
What has he gotten himself into, indeed.
We'll find out soon :)
I've decided to have update days to keep me on track.
Tuesdays and Fridays. Yay!

Skwahdala
MyCornerOfTeWoods
Mindless; (I LOVE THE READY SET. I'm getting married to Jordan. He doesn't know yet so don't tell him.)
Maxxie.
Emochick920
Lexington.
unkemptRose (I try my hardest. I'm glad you like it <3)
Emochick920
Lexington. (I'M SORRY OKAY? Broadneck works better.) 
THANKYOUVERYMUCH. YOU MAKE MY LIFE COMPLETE!

Do me a favor? Check out these two stories?
Wide Awake. This is a new-ish cowrite that has a few chapters! My coauthor, MyCornerOfTheWoods, is absolutely amazing and even if you don't subscribe to this story (though you should) you should go check out some of her stuff!
Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight. This is one other cowrite is hella pimp. I'm writing it with O.o? and she's hella good. Go read her story Pint-Sized Romeo! It's a Ferrard and it's pure lush.