Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Gian

Periwinkle stars dot my vision as I rub the sleep from my eyes. The sun streams through the double doors and warms my face. I sit up and look around, noticing that I'm alone. This confuses me. Where is everyone?

The smell of coffee assaults my nose and I figure that everyone must be in the kitchen so I stand and stretch before I make my way there. I'm proved wrong as I stand in the doorway and see only one person leaning against the counter. Treason.

The sight of his carefree stance, hands cradling a mug of steaming coffee, reminds me of our conversation last night. It's probably the most he's ever said to me and it made me disregard everything anyone ever said about him. Just from those five minutes I can already tell that Treason isn't malicious in the slightest and is actually a gentile giant. Sure, he's guarded but after those horrible rumors who wouldn't be?

He said he wanted to be friends and that's exactly what we'll be. For now.

I definitely can't deny my seemingly unending growing attraction to him. It wasn't just his body, though that is definitely a contributing factor. It was my constant desire to be close to him, know everything about him. Why did the rumors surround him so viciously? When did he start playing music and why? Does he have a favorite musician? Color? Food?

In short, I definitely have a major thing for this guy and I plan on spending more time with him.

Treason raises the mug to his lips, blows and takes a sip. I watch him much like a stalker would before clearing my throat and making myself known.

He jumps and grimaces as the hot liquid sloshes over the edge of the mug and onto his shirt. He groans and rolls his eyes before looking up at me and grinning a sheepish smile. "Morning Gian."

"Treason! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! Jeez, look at your shirt." I cross the room and grab a dish towel, dabbing at the mess in vain.

"Calm down, Gian. This is an old shirt. It doesn't matter." He laughs, stopping my hands.

"No, it's not. At least let me wash it for you." I insist, truly feeling bad.

He rolls his eyes but pulls his shirt off over his head anyway. "If it'll make you feel better."

The unanticipated sight of his abs knocks the breath from my lungs and it takes me a while to regain my sanity. Before he has a chance to say anything else, I run and put the shirt in the wash before the stain has a chance to set and return to the kitchen. Treason watches as I pour my own cup of coffee and turn back to him. 

"So where's everyone else?" I ask, trying to keep myself from staring at his chest.

"Outside. Your dad made breakfast."

"Why are you in here then?" 

His face heats up just a bit and he looks away. "I felt kinda bad for leaving you inside alone. That, and Skipper is a bit too much to handle at nine A.M."

I laugh at that. "Skipper can be too much to handle at any time of day. I feel your pain. Why didn't anyone wake me?"

This time he blushes hard and my interest peaks. "We thought you looked too peaceful and . .  . cute. We didn't want to disturb you."

I smile to myself and nod slowly. "That's very sweet."

The silence that follows is comfortable and I watch him from the corner of my eye. Treason looks much more laid back when it's just us, I notice. I wonder why that is. It's like his guard is down. 

The back door opens and closes in the living room and a few seconds later, Sabrina is standing in the doorway. "Hey guys. What's going on in here?"

"Just chilling out." I answer, winking at Treason. He smiles fondly and nods when Sabrina looks at him skeptically. 

"Well come outside. The bacon is almost gone."

"We'll be there in a second." Treason assures her. She throws us one more look before disappearing once again. As soon as we hear the door close he turns to me. "Gian, about last night. I just wanted to thank you. I really do want to be friends."

I smile and hug him loosely. He seems to either be caught off guard or not seasoned in the art of hugs because he's a bit awkward with the arms. Either way, he hugs back. That's all that matters. "I'd really like that."

In my head I know that this will definitely be a different kind of friendship. One that I'll have to put my all into and I really don't mind. I think it'll be worth it. I've got it pretty bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, basically the purpose of this chapter was to let you guys know that Gian definitely has a crush on Treason. Not that we didn't all already know but I didn't want any doubts at all. What is this? Chapter 23? By chapter 28 you'll all love me but by chapter 29 you'll all hate me the most you've ever hated me. Can't wait for that, huh? 

Skwahdala
miss.sobriety
Emochick920
UnderTheThought
matthuee.
Jeska 
UnderTheThought
border collie
Kodiizee
Tongue Tied Ideas. (X2)
Treason


Thanks for all the feedback! It really does inspire me to make this as good as I possibly can.

So, for each chapter I ask my sister to give me a word to start off with. It helps me get the ball rolling. Well, she said alligator and I totally couln't find a way to fit that in so I asked Jay and she said periwinkle (hence the first word of the chapter). Anyway, what I'm asking you guys to do is drop me a word to inspire me! I'd love that. I'll see if I can use it ;)

Let me know what you think?