Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Gian

Tonight was to be our last night in Fallon, Nevada and I can't say that I'd particularly miss this place. There was nothing interesting around here. All the kids are in a 'goody-two-shoes' state of mind and it was seriously starting to wear thin on my naturally mischievous mindset.

L'von and I had googled Annapolis and I can tell that I'll be back to my surreptitious ways in no time. I mean, I'm a mama's boy through and through but I know how to have fun.

Like today, for instance. It's the last day we'll be going to school here and I plan on making a scene by breaking every dress code rule I can. They're very strict on that here. Every hair has to be in place. Shorts no shorter than two inches above the knee. No shirts that even look like it might have a crude image on it. No opened toed shoes. No facial piercings. No exception. 

Talk about obnoxious. 

"L'von! Did you pack my blow dryer?!" I scream, poking my head put of the bathroom door in order to be heard. 

He appears from around the corner of his room, pulling a shirt on over his bare chest. "Which one? The Conair is in the box with your Chi but the Pantene one is in mom and dad's room."

I let out a frustrated sigh and glare at him. "I am not a very happy camper right now." 

He gives me an annoyed look. "Ain't nobody care about the state of your rhetorical camping trip. Go get the blowdryer so I can piss." 

I step out of the bathroom, fully nude, and walk casually into my parents empty room. L'von says nothing about this as it is a regular occurrence. I grab my blowdryer, plug it in and turn it on, making sure to make my hair look as ridiculous as possible. I then go to my own empty room and pull a pair of boxer-shorts out of my suitcase, followed by my favorite pair of 3OH!3 booty shorts (that hardly even touch the palms of my hands, much less my finger tips). These are followed by a tight sleeveless shirt which features a collage of medieval weapons. I top this off by looping a ring through the hole in the left side of my upper lip and wiggling my toes into a pair of black flippy-floppies. 

L'von simply raises an eyebrow when I hop down the stairs. "I'm all for rebellion but this might be taking it too far." 

"What're they gonna do? Suspend me?" I snort.

He shrugs and grabs the keys to our car. "Did you turn in all your textbooks?" 

"Yes, mom. Lets just go." I roll my eyes and swish my hips as I lead the way out the door. 

Today will be fun. 

********


Dad says that since we're not moving onto a naval base and will be going to a public school for the first time in four years, we get to pick which school we go to. The choices are Annapolis High School, Broadneck High School and Meade High School. 

L'von and I weren't just going to randomly pick a school, especially considering the fact that dad says that this may very well be the school we're going to graduate from, so we did some research and made a list of the pros and cons. 

Meade was pretty much written off from the start. The opening line on their homepage said 'serves military families as well as students'. Excuse me, but we just escaped one military serving school. Why would we run into the figurative arms or another. 

Annapolis High looked pretty promising. Not only is the mascot amazing (panthers) but the school had the one sport that L'von and I love with a passion: swimming. I mean, C'mon, we're navy kids. 

The thing that made Broadneck stand out to us was not only their swim team but their clubs as well. Drama has always been a big thing for L'von and apparently this school put on some of the best performances in the state. The fact that the school also had a GSA was just a bonus. I had read about them but none of the military friendly schools allowed them. The mascot was some type of bear which could be potentially fun. 

With all this being said, Broadneck High School was our choice.

My outfit choice of the day had gotten me, almost literally, thrown out of the school. Principal Benu clearly didn't appreciate my style as much as my peers did. He called my dad to come get me. 

I think Principal Benu expected him to give me 'a stern talking to' but he was sorely disappointed when dad burst into laughter upon seeing me. 

"Gian Christopher Vercillian, you couldn't wait until we got to Annapolis to start getting into trouble again?" He asks through strangled chuckles. 

"I'm a go-getter, dad." I shrug, leading the way out of the front doors. "Why do tomorrow what you can do today?" 

He simply rolls his eyes. "Those guys at Broadneck won't know what hit 'em."

Indeed, they won't. 
♠ ♠ ♠
My sister is taking to commercials on the TV. I'm afraid for my life.

So, I realize that this is a bit slow but it's kinda necesary for the first few chapters. We have to get the backgrounds out of the way first :)

L'von (His name is pronounced like, Luh-vaughan).
Amren (Pronounced Am-ren....you know, like it's spelled).
Gian is pronounced like Ian only with a G sound at the begining.
And I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to pronounce Treason :)

Will you please Comment&Subscribe?