Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Treason

Monday rolls around and I've never been more nervous in my life. To top it off, the wind storm last nigh knocked our power out which means I'm running an hour late. So much for talking to Gian before school.

I walk into the building as the bell for second block is ringing. It only takes two minutes for me to sign in and another two to get to class where Mr. Syfret is on a rampage.

"Only five of you did the homework?" He seethes.

There's a general murmur around the room and Mr. Syfret looks like he's about to explode. Instead he takes out a stack of papers and passes them out until each of us has a thick packet on our desk.

"This is due tomorrow. Only those of you who completed the homework may work in pairs. Start now."

I hand in my own essay and turn to the packet with a blank stare. There's a tap on my shoulder and I turn to see L'Von smiling at me. "You wanna work with me?"

"You mean you're not a slacker?" I joke, turning around properly.

"Dude, I have a dad who's not only a teacher but a naval officer. You really think I could get away with not doing my homework?" He scoffs.

"Touche."

We set to work and before long, we're two pages from finished. L'von throws down his pencil and leans back in his chair, rubbing his hands over his face. "Man, this is too much work!"

"Cmon. We're almost done." I urge.

"But I'm so tired." He moans.

"Did you not sleep last night?"

He snorts and leans his elbows back on the desk. "I did until about two in the morning and then Gian woke me up to get him more lollipops. I had to drive all the way to Wal-Mart to get him some. The little brat thinks that just because he's adopted I'm supposed to give him special treatment."

"Well did you get them?" I ask, curiosity shining.

L'von looks away and mumbles, "Duh."

I grin. "So then stop complaining. What . . . uh, what did he need lollipops for?"

"They help him de-stress. He went through a whole bag of Dum-Dums yesterday."

"Stress? About what?"

He gives me a look, as if wondering if he should tell me. "You came up a few times. Something about Saturday."

"Oh." I feel my hopes start to fall. "Is he mad at me?"

"Who even knows? One minute he's on a rampage and the next he's depressed as fuck. But you weren't the reason why he was so stressed. Well, you were but it was mostly Seth."

"Wait. Who's Seth?" I ask.

"He's this guy in my dads class. Apparently he came over yesterday and asked Gian out to coffee. Gi feels really . . . guilty about it." L'Vons words spin in my head and it takes me a full two minutes to register what he said.

I'm too late. I waited too long and I blew it. Even if I tell him how I feel now it won't matter. Someone already asked him out. Seth asked him out. 

I should have kissed him when I had the chance. What the hell am I supposed to do now?
♠ ♠ ♠
And so Treason knows. I have two chapters prewritten and let me just say, the next one kinda breaks my heart a bit. 

Now, in order to make my goal of chapter 40 by December I'll have to update tomorrow too. You think you can handle that? ;)

Sarcastically Blunt
Emochick920 [x2]
matthuee.
BlindedbyLight
miss.sobriety 
JessicStar
Kodiizee
Hot Chelle Rae
Tongue Tied Ideas. [x2]
Treason
UnderTheThought
sacrilegiousx


Thank you guys for all the feedback! It seems that you don't hate me as much as I thought you would. I really do love you guys. 

We are officially halfway through the story.

Let me know what you think?