Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Gian

Ever since the almost-kiss last week, I haven't been able to look at the pool without a thousand different emotions bubbling to the surface. Feelings that I really can't have if I truly want to give Seth a fair chance. Seth deserves a fair chance.

I deliberately close the curtains of my balcony, almost immediately missing the sunlight and warmth it provided. I hate sacrifices.

Instead of dwelling on the significantly darker room, I focus all my attention on getting ready for the date. Seth decided to take me out to dinner tonight followed by a surprise that he vehemently refused to reveal. I scour my closet and tear through my dresser in search of a nice outfit. After almost an hour of deliberation, I settle on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a blue v-neck with an orange and blue scarf borrowed from L'von. With the outfit on, I have a chance to style my hair to acceptability and loop a ring through my upper lip.

Once I'm satisfied with my facial appearance I step back and admire my full reflection before pulling on a pair of Sperry's and making sure they look good.

"L'von," I call, walking through the bathroom and into his domain. "Do I look okay?"

He looks up from his laptop and grins. "The scarf pulls it all together."

I roll my eyes. "Seriously though." 

"Gian, you look great." He sighs. "So great, actually, that I might have to give Seth a little talk before you go."

"That won't be necessary." Dad says, walking into the room. I groan and run my hand through my hair.

"Daddy, what'd you do?"

"I just had a little chat with him after class this afternoon." He grins. "No big deal."

"No big deal means threats."

Dad's lack of reply is an obvious yes. L'von laughs. "Aren't you glad you're adopted?"

Dad smacks him on the back of his head, making a satisfying sound, and leads the way downstairs. Mom coo's when she sees me and I feel a blush come over my face. "Oh baby, you look so handsome."

"Thanks mama."

"Now, just remember everything I told you about going on a date, okay baby?"

"Yes ma'am." I agree, jumping slightly when a knock sounds on the door.

"Are you nervous?" She asks, waving my dad off to greet Seth.

"Yeah." I admit. "I'll be fine though."

"I know you will be." She smiles, kissing my head and leading me into the foyer. "Hello Seth, it's nice to see you again."

"It's nice to see you too, Mrs. Vercillian." He smiles charmingly at her before turning to me. "Gian, you look amazing."

I can feel my cheeks flush pink. "Thank you Seth. You look great as well."

And he does. Fitted white jeans hang low on his hips and the sleeves of his purple button up are rolled to his elbows. Black Vans are tied nicely on his feel and, god, his hair must have taken an hour. I voice as much and he just laughs.

"Well, I just ran a brush through it which is the most effort I've put in in a month."

"Ah, impressive." I joke.

"Thank you for thinking so." Seth smiles again. I could definitely get used to that, I think. "Shall we?" He asks, holding out an arm.

I take it and we say final goodbye's to my parents. With one final Je t'aime, the door is closed and the date has officially begun.

Seth holds my door open for me and as I settle in the seat, my phone vibrates. I check the screen and see Treason's picture smiling up at me. I open the message quickly, before Seth has fully walked around the car.

I hope you have fun tonight.

The message is unexpected. We had been texting almost nonstop all day until I mentioned that I had to get ready and he didn't reply. I'm not so sure if I want to have a good time anymore.

But Seth deserves a fair chance.

I text back a quick thank you and quickly turn off my phone before Seth has buckled his seatbelt. Fair chance.

|~|


After a nice dinner at a seafood place called Yellowfin (which was hella expensive by the way), Seth takes me to the Baltimore harbor and treats me to Cold Stone Creamery despite my almost violent protests. Cones in hand, we make our way through throngs of people, down the pier and come to rest on a bench, shoulders pressed together firmly.

"This is insane. It's November." I laugh, licking at the frozen blue treat in my hand. "Ice cream and the dock."

"It'll be worth it." He promises, wrapping an arm around my waist and snuggling me closer. I can't help but rest my head on his shoulder and sigh.

"Please tell me what it is?"

Seth checks his watch and grins. "It'll be on any moment now."

"On?" I ask confusedly.

Just then a boat settled on the water is illuminated by twinkling lights, then another comes to life just to the left and then another on the far side of the harbor. One by one, all the boats light up and shine proudly. It's truly a spectacular sight.

"Oh wow." I breathe.

Seth smiles down at me and holds me tighter. "I thought you might like it."

We sit and watch the twinkly boats bob in the water for maybe five minutes before my body's desire for warmth overrides my desire to admire the decorations. Seth wraps his jacket around my shoulders once we settle back in the car and I can't help but wonder why I was ever so apprehensive about coming out with him.

The ride home is filled with easy conversation just like dinner had been. Once we pull into the driveway, Seth opens my car door for me and walks me up to the front door.

"Gian, I really had an amazing time. We should go out again soon. Really soon." He smiles. "Maybe even as boyfriends."

Something about that word makes me slightly uneasy but I push the feeling away and smile instead. "I'd love that."

"Really?" He asks, slight disbelief written over his face.

"Yeah, really." I answer, leaning up on my toes and wrapping my arms around my new boyfriend to meet him halfway for our first kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
AndButSo.
Please don't kill me.
It's all for a good cause.

I know I said I'd update Saturday and it's now Tuesday. In order to keep up I'm gonna have to update tomorrow and Thursday as well. Maybe even Friday but we'll just see where we are by then. Questions? Comments?

crescendo.
Emochick920
JessicStar
eragorn122
matthuee.
Hot Chelle Rae
Lovecrush1
Sarcastically Blunt
miss.sobriety
Tongue Tied Ideas.
Key To Loneliness [x3]


You guys. Thank you for all the support even if you do want to kill me. I really really appreciate it.

Let me know what you think?