Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Treason

With two days left until Thanksgiving break, I'm determined to avoid Gian at all costs. I may be falling for him little by little. Hearing about his date with some other guy is not on the top of my shit that makes me happy list. Gian deserves a best friend, a title I seem to have earned unknowingly, who he can tell all of that to. I'm just not there yet. Maybe I'll be able to stomach it in a week, after break, but definitely not now.

For the most part it isn't hard. The only block we share is study hall. Gian knows all my hiding spots so that hour was spent in my car at the back of the parking lot, not that I minded. Anything was better than hearing about Seth.

Gian knows I'm avoiding him too. He calla and texts and it kills me to know that he thinks he did something wrong. I just . . . I can't do it.

Soon enough, the bell signaling the end of school and the beginning of break sounds and I'm nearly free. The only thing holding me back is my guilt which I guess is why I'm stopped before I can reach my car.

"Treason!" A voice calls.

I smile and turn around, watching as Ivy takes careful precautions not to step on any of the cracks on the sidewalk. "Hey girlie, what's up?"

"I'm concerned that you've been replaced by a pod person." She says matter of factly.

I raise an eyebrow and smirk. "Is that so?"

"Yes, and I don't know whether to ask you if you are or not." She sighs. "If you say you're not then you obviously are. If you say you are then I certainly can't believe you because I can't trust a pod person."

I stop and place my hands on her shoulders lightly. "Ivy, do you think I'm a pod person?"

She studies me for a good three minutes, circling me and poking me. Finally with a smile, Ivy hugs me tightly. "Treason! You're back! Man we missed you. Gian has been going insane and I think Sabrina started taking medicine. She's quiet kinda."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I think they're both worried about you. I think Sabrina is worried about you and Gian. I mean, Seth-"

"Please don't talk about him."

"Huh? Oh." She stops. "Oh."

"Uh . . . Yeah. Can you just please not say anything?"

"Of course." She nods, giving me a sad smile. "I'll see you later then. Text me if you turn into a pod person again so I know what to expect

With that she turns with a flourish and heads off to her ride. I smile after her and get into my car. It's funny how one borderline unstable freshman can make me feel worlds better.

|~|


"Treason!" Mom calls.

"Yes Ma?"

"Come here! And bring your guitar!"

I smile and do as I'm told, stopping short when I enter the kitchen. I've never seen mom make such a mess. Flour coats the counters and part of the floor. Several apples float in the sing and the air smells like sugar and cinnamon. 

Mom stands in the middle of the room looking rather disheveled and she gives me a pleading look. "Help me."

"Ma, what are you doing?" I ask, slightly amused.

She glares at me and points to a stool by the bar. "Sit. Play."

"Seriously Ma, what're you doing?" I ask seriously, taking the offered seat.

"Well, your grandmother is spending Thanksgiving here as are my sisters and Uncle Max. The turkey is done until tomorrow as well as the green beans and whatnot. The only thing left is the pie and you know Nana will have my head if it isn't perfect."

"You're stressing out?" I guess.

She nods. "I just need you to play for me."

So I do, and I get a much-needed reminder of why I started playing music in the first place. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know it's short and it sucks and it's a few hours late but it's here now and it's not really a filler, I swear. Just sit tight. The next chapter will definitely be here later (Thursday).

DiedAgainToday
eragorn122
Lovecrush1
miss.sobriety
DeceptiveDani
crescendo.
sacreligiousx
UnderTheThought
Emochick920
matthuee.
JessicStar
matthuee.
Sarcastically Blunt
Hot Chelle Rae
Tongue Tied Ideas.


Thank you for all the positive (and negative) feedback! I'm so glad you guys like my writing period. So much love.

Let me know what you think?