Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Gian

Thanksgiving has never really been a huge holiday for my family. Some years my grandparents would fly to wherever we were living at the time but most of the time it just wasn't possible, or plausible, so our four person family celebrated alone. This year though, Granny, Papa, and Papí are all coming to our house for the holiday. Dads mom died a while ago so Papí will be flying on his own.

The first half of the day is spent with Granny and Mom in the kitchen, shooing everyone away when they go in for a taste. Well, everyone except me but that's because I'm the baby of the family and I perfected the puppy eyes three years ago. When mom finally musters the ability to kick me out, I join my Dad, Brother, and Grandpas in the living room to catch the second half of the football game. The Cowboy's totally whip the Dolphins in an emotional fight to the finish and afterwards, Granny calls us to the dining room.

Earlier, I had set the table to perfection and now, with all the food save for the turkey on it, it looks absolutely amazing. Everyone sits and cheers when mom brings out the turkey. Papa prays first and then Papí prays in French. Dad gets to cut the turkey and then the feast begins.

I'm not that big of a guy but I'm convinced that's because my biological parents had great metabolism. I mean, that's the only plausible explanation. I eat like, everything in sight.

Once everyone is successfully stuffed, Dad and Papa are enlisted to clean while mom and Granny begin planning their black Friday shopping spree. Papi goes off to take his annual post-Thaksgiving-dinner-nap-before-pie, leaving me and L'von alone to enjoy our post-gluttony stupor. My brother turns on Miracle on 34st Street, as is tradition, and we settle in to wait for our food baby's to deflate.

I quickly become distracted by my phone and frown when I realize that Treason didn't answer yet another apologetic text. He's been avoiding me and I can't figure out why. All my texts and calls go unanswered and no matter how hard I think, I can't figure out what I did wrong.

"You wanna talk about it?" L'von asks.

I look up from my phone to find him looking at me with a frown. "About what?"

"About whatever's making you sigh like that."

"Sigh like what?"

"Like someone kicked your puppy." He rolls his eyes. "Cmon. You know what I mean. Do you wanna talk about it?"

I contemplate his proposal for a second before remembering that he's my brother and I can tell him anything and everything. "Treason's mad at me."

"Nuh-uh. He can't be." L'von denies.

"Well he's not answering my calls or texts. What else am I supposed to think?"

"That he's with his family?"

I send my brother a glare and huff a sigh. "He hasn't talked to me since Saturday night. I haven't even seen him at school."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Oh."

We stay silent for a second and watch the movie without really watching it. "Maybe he just needs time."

"What do you mean?" I ask, curiosity peaked.

"Gian, you can't tell me you haven't noticed the way he shuts down whenever you talk about Seth. I don't think he likes that you two are together."

"But he said-"

"I know what he said. He probably only said it to be supportive 'cause he didn't want you to be mad at him."

"Why would he do that?"

"I have a few ideas but I can't be sure about any of them." L'von shrugs.

"And....?" I prompt.

"Oh, I'm not telling you. It's sure as hell not my place. Figure it out yourself."

I glare at him, disbelieving that he won't tell me. "Seriously?"

He smirks and turns up the TV. "Yeah, now shut up. This is the good part."

L'von gave me more problems than solutions but before I can contemplate them all, Papí enters the living room, signaling that it's time for pie.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
I've got five chapters and six days. We'll see how this goes. The next chapter will be interesting, I promise ;)

JessicStar
DiedAgainToday
matthuee.
Emochick920
miss.sobriety
Lovecrush1
Sarcastically Blunt
sillyrandomgirl
DeceptiveDani


Thank you! I love Ivy too. She's fun to write.

Let me know what you think?