Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Treason

With two days until Christmas, school's out and I don't think I've been this bored since Gian moved here. I haven't been alone in my house in almost a month thanks to him and now that I am, it doesn't feel right.

Mom is out doing some last minute shopping and I can't ask Gian over because Seth is flying out to visit his dad in Ohio for Christmas. This is the last time they'll see each other until New Years eve. Gian really does tell me everything. I wish he didn't.

My phone goes off right as I decide to turn off the TV and maybe do something productive music wise. L'Vons face flashes on the screen and I answer eagerly, happy to have something to pacify my boredom.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey man. What're you doing?"

"Literally nothing."

"That's great. You wanna go play golf with me and my dad?" He asks hopefully.

"Uh. What?"

L'von sighs. "My dad wants me to go play golf with him and I don't wanna go alone. He gets really embarrassing and it's easier to pretend that I don't know him if someone else is there. Gian's out with Seth and Jade is stuck doing family stuff. You're the only other person I thought to call."

"Nice to know I'm your first choice." I joke.

"Please Treason. I'll tell you what Gian got you for Christmas." He bargains.

"He got me something?"

"Yeah, didn't you get him anything?" L'von asks skeptically.

"Well, yeah, but I didn't think he'd get me something too." I say sheepishly.

"Seriously dude? You're his best friend. He probably thought of you first."

"Really?" I smile.

"Dude, you're so fucking clueless." He grumbles. "Anyway, are you in?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you there. The Naval Academy course?"

"No way, man. It's December. I'm talking mini golf. The indoor course on Mayo Rd."

I mentally slap myself. Of course we wouldn't willingly spend over three hours in thirty degree weather. "Even better. What time?"

"Like, now."

"Oh. Okay, yeah. See you soon."

We hang up and I shove my arms through the sleeves of my jacket before slipping on some shoes and heading out. The mini golf course isn't far away from my house, so I'm pulling into a parking space beside Mr. Vercillian's Navigator in no time.

"Treason! Nice to see you again." He laughs.

 "I saw you yesterday, sir." I point out smiling.

"This is true. It seems that my boys have taken a liking to you." He grins, leading the way into the building.

I step up to the counter before he has to and pay for all three of our games. L'von raises an eyebrow and looks to his dad who looks both pleased and suspicious. "Why'd you do that?"

"It's the least I could do." I shrug. "I eat your food almost every day when I come over and you were kind enough to invite me out with you even though I was the last resort." I say, sending L'von a look.

Mr, Vercillian smiles widely before grabbing a club and a red ball. "I appreciate it. Have I ever told you how much I like you?"

"Like every day, pop. You might as well just ask him to move in and adopt him too." L'von rolls his eyes. 

He grabs his club and a blue ball, leaving me to pick up my own club and a purple ball. Two holes into the game I see why L'von asked me to come. Mr. Vercillian missed the hole by two inches and is screaming that 'this god damned game is rigged'. L'von turns to me and strikes up a fake conversation until his dads shouts turn into simple grumbles and we move on together.

About three quarters of the way through the course, Mr. Vercillians rants have almost completely stopped and he turns to me while L'Vons up. "Do you have plans for Christmas?"

"Well, my parents are divorced but they're still friends so we celebrate holidays as a family. Thanksgiving, me and mom went to dads to have dinner with him and my brother. Christmas is when dad and Amren come over to have dinner with me and mom. Sometimes my grandparents or aunts come too but I think it's just us this year."

He looks thoughtful for a second. "You know, I think I'd like it if you and your family came to have dessert with us Christmas night. I'd love to meet the woman who raised such a proper young man."

"That sounds great sir." I smile. "I'll have to talk to my mom but I don't think it'll be a problem."

Mr. Vercillian nods and pats me on the back before moving on to the next hole, leaving me to face an incredulous L'von.

"What?" I ask.

"My dad wants to meet your parents.

"So?"

"So he hasn't even asked to meet Seth's parents."

"So?" I repeat, a bit confused.

"So. That means that he has high hopes you you and Gian."

"Gian has a boyfriend." I reply automatically.

"Yeah, I know. Thy doesn't change a damn thing." He says pointedly, walking away to the next hole. I remember back to when Amren said the exact same thing two weeks ago and I wonder if everyone knows something I don't. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So. Yeah. I think this isn't one of my best but I'm sick and it's late so bleh. You guys are in for some fun next chapter. And when I say fun I mean a fight. The chapter after that is gonna be fun too!

JessicStar
Tongue Tied Ideas.
Emochick920 [x2]
Sarcastically Blunt
DiedAdainToday
matthuee.
miss.sobriety
Snowfall Melody
Kodiizee
DeceptiveDani
crescendo.
Hot Chelle Rae
Leaaaaaaaah.


You guys spoil me. Please don't stop! I really love reading your feedback! 

Let me know what you think?