Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Treason

Almost two weeks have passed since the Seth  incident and Gian's moods range from self hatred to Seth hatred. I've received both phone calls and texts from him asking what he did to deserve something like that. Is the world out to get him? Is he such a bad person that karma decided to turn her wrath on him? Each and every time I'm faced with the challenge of making him feel better. It's hard. Seth really fucked him up.

Sabrina was right. Seth broke him. He really hasn't been himself and I'm picking up the pieces as best I can. There was a point in time I had to physically stop myself from hunting Seth down and beating the shit out of him. Gian is young and, quite frankly, innocent. Seth had no right to expose him to the evil, two-faced side of humanity.

It kills me to see him like that and not be able to do anything about it. L'von swears that it's worse when I'm not around, so I try to spend as much time with him as I can. If anything good has come out of this it's that we've gotten closer. It feels wrong to walk through the door that Seth left wide open. I mean, Gian has been dropping hints left and right but I keep questioning whether he's in the right mindset. I don't want to be the rebound. I want this to mean something. Something special.

On Saturday morning I wake up with this determined feeling, like my body really just can't stand not telling Gian how I feel anymore. After three hours of deliberation, I decide to do what I do best; sing to him. It's never failed me before and even if he turns me down, at least I'll have it out in the open.

Before I can talk myself out of anything, I get showered and dressed, grab my guitar and send Gian a text informing him that I'm on my way over. One stop to the candy store later, I pull into the driveway of the Vercillian home and approach the door before knocking and waiting patiently. Mr. Vercillian answers and smiles wide when he sees me, giant lollipop in one hand and guitar case in the other.

"Hey, Gian's in his room."

"Thank you sir." I smile, walking past him and up the stairs. Gian's door is cracked so I knock lightly before pushing the door open. He looks up at me from his computer desk with wide eyes.

"Sunny! I thought you meant you were coming later!"

"Do you want me to leave and then come back later?" I ask.

"No, of course not. I just look like shit." He groans.

I raise an eyebrow and shake my head in disbelief. "Gian, you look gorgeous as usual."

He smiles shyly before motioning for me to come in. I set my guitar on the bed before presenting the oversized lollipop to him. Gian's smile spreads from ear to ear as he takes it. "What's this for?"

I shrug. "I know you've been having a hard time lately. I wanted to get you something and L'von told me about your lollipop addiction."

"Sunny, thanks but really, all I need is you."

I duck my head to hide my smile. There goes another one of those hints. "Listen, Gian, I have something I wanna sing you, and I need you to listen closely okay? Because I really wanna get the message across."

He notices my serious expression and nods, moving to the bed and patting the space next to him. I take my guitar from the case and sit, taking a deep breath. The adorable curious look on his face gives me the little boost I need to strum the first chords and give up my fears. At least for the time being.

And who would have thought
That a cutie pie just like you
Would have anything to do 
With a smelly dude like me
I find it hard to believe

And who would have thought
That you ever would have
Kissed my cheek
In your backyard 
On your trampoline that night
I never put up a fight

And I know that you’re all shook up
From a terrible relationship
He broke your heart
Yeah, he tore you in to pieces
But I promise you dear
I’ll never touch you like he did
So baby, please take my hand
And you’ll never be alone again

And every single time I look in to your eyes
I see a little bit more sunshine
I feel a little bit more like me
Instead of who I turned out to be
I wouldn’t trade it for a thing
Could I call you my baby?

And I know that you’re all shook up
From a terrible relationship
He broke your heart
Yeah, he tore you in to pieces
But I promise you dear
I’ll never touch you like he did
So baby, please take my hand
And you’ll never be alone again
Cause I know he broke your heart
But I’ll love you ‘til the end

So baby, please take my hand
And you’ll never be alone again
So baby, please take my hand
And you’ll never be alone again
So baby, please take my hand
And you’ll never be alone again


When the last note falls silent I chance a look at Gian. He's looking at me with an emotion I can't quite decipher. After a minute of him making no move to say or do anything, I sigh and shake my head. 

"I really, really like you Gian. I have since before you even met Seth, I was just too scared to say anything." I stand and place the guitar into the case before clicking it closed. "Maybe this was a bad idea. I just needed to tell you how I feel."

With disappointment weighing on me already, I turn to grab my guitar but I'm stopped when Gian flings himself into my arms. His arms go around my neck and he holds tight, pulling me down and pressing small kisses all over my face.

"Sunny, this was not a bad idea. Jeez, it took you long enough. Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asks, pulling away but only slightly.

"I was going to tell you that Monday after we went swimming but then . . . Seth.

"But I asked you-"

"I know, and it killed me. I just wanted to be supportive. I don't have much experience in the romance department." I admit.

"Why didn't you tell me on New Years? Or sometime in the past two weeks?"

"It didn't seem like the right time and I don't want to be the rebound. The only reason I told you is because . . . Gian, I really like you. I want to be with you. If you're not ready I'll wait but you had to know."

Gian looks thoughtful for a second before smiling and leaning up on his toes, successfully catching me off guard by kissing me full on the mouth. At first I'm so stunned I don't react, but as soon as I regain control I'm kissing him back eagerly. By the time he pulls away, we're both breathless. I lean my forehead against his and smile. That was definitely worth the wait, I just wish I hadn't.

"Treason, I've been reevaluating a lot of things lately but how I feel about you was never one of them. It's just that you never seemed interested and you even told me to go out with another guy! And Sunny, you most certainly are not the rebound. If anything, Seth was the 'side guy'." He explains, pecking my lips once more.

"So. . . So what does this mean?" I ask slowly.

"It means that I'm yours," Gian says seriously. "As long as you want me."

I smirk and lean I'm close. "You might regret saying that one day."

"I don't think I ever could." He closes the small gap between us and kisses me yet again. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, you're welcome ^_^

We've got 20 chapters to go. I'm thinking every other day updates? That way we'll be done by the end of January. 

What? Two NeverShoutNever songs in a row? Uh. Yeah. What can I say? He's good and his songs are apparently very relevant to this story. No regrets. this one's called Trampoline.

Drowning Upwards
JessicStar
Tongue Tied Ideas.
Leaaaaaaaah'
sacreligiousx
miss.sobriety
Emochick920
DiedAgainToday
Sarcastically Blunt
Lovecrush1
UnderTheThought
matthuee.
DeceptiveDani
XpurpleXrainX
crescendo.
Kodiizee
Ashley the Twisted
ghostofthepast


We're at 200 subscribers! I didn't even notice until I went to update! Ohhman, I love you guys so much. This is my most successful story ever. Seriously. I'm really happy you all approve of the direction in which this is going. It really does mean a lot.

Let me know what you think?