Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Gian

Dress warm.

Two words. One text. That's all I get from my boyfriend as a hint. I don't know what it is with people and surprises but let me just say, I don't like it. I can let Treason get away with it though because . . . well, he's Treason.

I dress in some dark wash skinnies and a green and white striped cardigan with a black under shirt. I tie my pair of black Converse tightly and head to L'von for the final once-over. For a straight guy he has an incredible fashion sense. I find my brother sitting close to Jade on the couch, running lines for the play they both got leads in.

"How do I look?" I ask, standing in the doorway. 

Jade looks up and grins. "You look amazing! If you weren't gay I'd totally go after you."

L'von looks hurt for a fraction of a second before smiling as well. "You look good bro. Treason won't know what hit him."

"Really?"

"Absolutely." L'von reassures.

"Thanks L'von."

He shrugs. "Anytime."

The two of them go back to reciting lines to each other and I take a moment to admire how good they are together. I mean, there's clearly something going on between them, they just haven't actually gotten together yet. As far as I know, there's nothing standing in their way and it's only a matter of time. 

I decide to leave them alone and instead, go search for my mom. I find her in the office, pouring over pages with numbers written all over them. I never understood what mom does but I know she's had the same job for ten years which means that it's obviously flexible with the amount of times we've moved.  Every time I try to figure out what she does, the abundance of numbers mix themselves up in my head to the point where I'm left to take four Tylenol to get rid of the headache.

Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

Mom looks up from the papers and smiles. "Sweetie, you look handsome."

"Thanks mama." I smile. She's the only one who still calls me handsome other than my grandma.

"I'm glad you stopped in. I wanted to talk to you about Treason." She says.

"What about him?"

"Well, listen, I know you like him pretty much more than you've liked any other boy. I can see it in your face and your actions. I just want you to know that-"

Coming to a sudden realization, I throw my hands up to stop her. "Not you too! Mom! I don't want to have the sex talk with you!"

"Well honey-"

"No ma! We've been going out for less than a week! I like him but not that much! Not yet. And dad already did this," I gesture between us, "Last month with Seth."

"Seth was a different story." She says simply.

"Well yeah but-"

"Gian," Dad calls, saving me from this conversation. "Your date is here."

I quickly say bye to mom and head to the entryway where Treason is standing with my dad. They really get along which is great but a bit weird at the same time. I don't think any of my past boyfriends actually enjoyed a conversation with my dad. 

Treason sees me and his smile takes over his whole face. "Gian, you look amazing."

"You're not so bad yourself." I admire, leaning up to kiss his cheek. His outfit is very simple. Light, fitted jeans and a tight-ish black sweater and stylish black Nike's. He's also got on a grey pea-coat and mating hat and scarf. It's like he just walked out of the winter edition of a Hollister catalog.

And he's mine. I still hardly believe that.

Treason helps me into my coat and I wrap a scarf around my neck before he reassures dad that he'll have me home by ten. I take his arm and he leads me to his car, opens the door and waits for me to settle in before closing it and walking around to get in himself.

"So, where are we going?" I ask as he backs out of the driveway.

"To the Naval Academy."

"Seriously?" I ask skeptically.

"Yeah." He smiles. "The ice rink is open until nine on Friday's."

"Ice skating! Why didn't you just say that?"

Treason shrugs and grins. "It wouldn't have been as fun."

"You're such a jerk." I huff, fake pouting.

"But I'm your jerk."

My face softens and I reach across the center console to take his hand. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

The rest of the ride is spent in comfortable silence and when we get there, Treason pops the trunk and raids its contents. 

"What're you looking for?"

"This!" He exclaims triumphantly, holding a black knit hat. "You're always complaining about how your ears always get cold so I brought this. Just in case." He explains, pulling the hat over my head.

I sigh and kiss him quickly. "Why are you so perfect?"

"Oh, I'm far from perfect."

"Liar."

He rolls his eyes and takes my hand, leading me inside and to the rental desk. We get our skates and are on the ice in no time, Treason skating confidently and me on shaky legs.

"Is there anything you're not good at?" I wonder aloud.

"I suck at cooking and socializing. My handwriting could use some work. I-"

"Rhetorical question." I say, grabbing on to the side of the rink to prevent myself from falling . . . again.

Treason laughs and skates in front of me and, placing his hands on my hips, he skates backwards so that we're headed into the middle of the ice. "Hey, don't worry about falling okay? Just focus on me. It's just like walking."

I follow his instructions, keeping my eyes glued to his, and before long Treason's hands slip from my waist and I'm actually skating on my own. 

"How did you get so good at this?" I wonder, grabbing his hands just in case.

"Amren and I used to skate all the time because this is one of the few interesting things to do in Annapolis." He explains. "I can only assume that you weren't as lucky."

I narrow my eyes at his grin. "Ha ha. You're so funny."

Just then, Treason looses his balance and falls flat on his ass. I can't help but laugh as I help him up. He brushes some ice off his jeans and looks at me sheepishly. "Maybe we should get outta here."

"Awh, why? I was having so much fun." I joke.

"Oh, now look who the comedian is."

Solid ground feels foreign for a good five minutes until we reach the car. Treason walks around to open my door but I stop him. "You aren't really taking me home, are you? I'm not ready for this to be over."

"Of course not. I was just about to ask you where you'd like to go for dinner."

I think for a second and grin. "McDonalds."

Treason raises an eyebrow skeptically. "Out of everywhere you choose McDonalds? Seriously?"

I nod and give him my best puppy dog eyes before standing on my tippy toes to kiss him. He still has to lean down but he doesn't complain. Treason's hands grip my waist and he lifts me onto the trunk of his car, making it easier to reach. My knees rest on either side of his waist and I trail my fingers up his arms to rest on either side of his neck. He runs his tongue over my bottom lip and I let him in without hesitation. 

Treason makes me feel warm all over with just the simplest touch. This makes my body feel on fire. I can hardly stand it, it feels so good to just kiss him.

He pulls away first, panting for breath, and smiles goofily. I peck his lips a few more times and gaze up at him. "McDonalds?"

Treason rolls his eyes and helps me down. "You're lucky you're cute."

"No, you're lucky I'm cute. I'm just lucky to have you."
♠ ♠ ♠
All I want to do is write fluff. I swear. Ugh. Anyway, I think I've figured out the song for next chapter so expect that tomorrow I hope :D

eragorn122
DiedAgainToday
sacreligiousx 
Emochick920
miss.sobriety
Snowfall Melody
Leaaaaaaaah
Sarcastically Blunt
matthuee.
Tongue Tied Ideas.
JessicStar
Ashley the Twisted
Can I bite you baby?
UnderTheThought
Lovecrush1


Thank you! Sorry it took so long but I hope you like it!

Let me know what you think?