Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Treason

I remember exactly how Gian talked me into this. It's the same way he talked me into watching god awful romantic comedies with him three Saturdays ago and the same way he talked me into letting him gel my hair. It's the same way he convinced me to give him the last bites of my cookies and the last sips of my coffee.

He batted his big blue eyes and pouted his full pink lips and asked in his most innocent voice "Please Sunny?" Sometimes it'd take a few kisses but for the most part, I'd cave instantly.

After just a few weeks, Gian has me wrapped around all ten of his fingers. I'm not complaining or anything but I'm so totally whipped.

That's how I got into this. Gian batted those big blues and shook his perfect ass and said that it'd make him happy. The combination of those three things is what got me to agree to sing in front of out group of friends, including Skipper.

"I dunno Gian. I can't think of anything."

He pauses and looks up at me. "Are you still worried about the song?"

I nod. "I've never done this before."

His face softens and he reaches up to place a hand on either side of my face. "There's nothing to worry about. These are your friends."

"And Skipper." I correct. 

He rolls his eyes. "Yeah, and her."

"I just . . . don't know what to song. Nothing is good enough. And god, Gian, they'll all hear me."

"Yes Sunny. That's the general idea."

"But I don't want them to."

"It'll be good, I promise. None of them are going to laugh at you, not that there's anything to laugh at anyway." Gian promises. "Anything you sing will be perfect. Just . . .  just pretend that you're singing to me. Only me and no one else. You've done that plenty of times."

I smile and take his hand. "That could work." He beams up at me and continues leading the way to the music room where everyone is already waiting. "Do you have any requests?"

He smirks. "Sara Bareilles."

I sigh and shake my head. "No."

Ever since he found out that I can play almost anything on the piano without sheet music and was what he calls 'fucking perfect', every time I'm near a piano he begs for Sara Bareilles. I swear, I've played more of her songs than I care to know.

"Please Sunny? Do my favorite?" He begs, giving me his best puppydog look.

Within five seconds I cave. "One condition." I negotiate. "You sing the harmony."

"Okay." He agrees happily, pushing the door open and commanding the attention of the others. "Hi guys." 

They all chorus greetings and sit in the chairs Mr Rexroth set up around the room. The teacher himself grins from his desk encouragingly. I take a deep breath to clear my head and set my things down slowly. Gian sits on the piano bench and pays the seat beside him.

As I walk by, Bradley pats me on the back and nods. Ever since we discovered our mutual love of Vivaldi he's been a pretty close friend. It really just goes to show you how different siblings can be. His sister is a total bitch but he's one of the nicest people I've ever met, second only to Gian.

His encouragement sends a boost of determination through me and I sit next to my boyfriend purposefully. Gian squeezes my knee and scoots close as I play the opening measure.

Head under water
And they tell me 
To breathe easy for a while
The breathing gets harder
Even I know that
Made room for me
But it's too soon to see
If I'm happy in your hands
I'm unusually hard to hold on to

Blank stares at blank pages
No easy way to say this
You mean well
But you make this hard on me


Gian chimes in for the chorus and our voices blend together perfectly, as if we were born to sing together. 

I'm not gonna write you a love song
'Cause you asked for it
Cause you need one
You see
I'm not gonna write you a love song
'Cause you tell me it's make or breaking this
If you're on your way
I'm not gonna write you to stay
If all you have is leaving
I'm gonna need a better reason 
To write you a love song today

I learned the hard way
That they all say 
Things you want to hear
And my heavy heart sinks deep down under you and
Your twisted words,
Your help just hurts
You are not what I thought you were
Hello to high and dry

Convinced me to please you
Made me think that I need this too
I'm trying to let you hear me as I am

I'm not gonna write you a love song
'Cause you asked for it
'Cause you need one, you see
I'm not gonna write you a love song
'Cause you tell me it's
Make or break in this
If you're on your way
I'm not gonna write you to stay
If all you have is leaving I'm gonna need a better reason to write you a love song today

Promise me 
That you'll leave the light on
To help me see with daylight, my guide, gone
'Cause I believe there's a way you can love me
Because I say
I won't write you a love song
'Cause you asked for it
'Cause you need one, you see

I'm not gonna write you a love song
'Cause you tell me it's make or breaking this
Is that why you wanted a love song
'Cause you asked for it
'Cause you need one, you see
I'm not gonna write you a love song
'Cause you tell me it's make or breaking this
If you're on your way
I'm not gonna write you to stay
If your heart is nowhere in it
I don't want it for a minute
Babe, I'll walk the seven seas when I believe that
There's a reason to
Write you a love song today


As soon as the music fades out, Gian wraps both arms around my waist and squeezes tightly. The rest of our friends clap and cheer excitedly. Even Skipper looks impressed.

"I didn't know you could play like that!" Jade says in an adoring tone.

"Yeah man," Bradley speaks up. "I knew you liked Vivaldi but I had no idea that you could play like him."

"And your voice could lull an ogre to sleep. Ivy chirps.

I smile and untangle myself from my boyfriend. "You guys really liked it that much?"

Sabrina stands and places a hang on my shoulder. "Treason, you're amazing. Accept it."

"YeahYeah, he has the voice on an angel." Skipper rolls her eyes and aide for chair before heading for the door. "Can we go to lunch now? I have a psychology test that I could be studying for right now."

With that she pushes open the door and leaves. Bradley turns to me with an apologetic smile. "Sorry about her, I think it's shark week, if you know what I mean."

"I don't and I don't think I want to." I laugh.

"Her period." Gian says matter-of-factly.

"Okay, definitely didn't want to know that." I cringe. "But dude, whatever. I'm just glad you liked it."

"You truly are amazing." L'Von compliments. His stomach growls loudly and he smiles sheepishly. "Okay, Skipper might be a bitch but she had the right idea. Lunch anyone?"

Everyone agrees and starts to follow after him. "Treason," Mr Rexroth stops me. "Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, sure." I agree. Gian let's go of my waist and promises to wait outside for me. "What's up?"

"Look, I know I've asked you a thousand times but, please, the feature spot is still open and I want you to take it."

"I dunno-" 

"Cmon. You're amazing, even your  friends think so. Nobody would be able to come close to the performance you could give."

"It's just that I've been to those things before and the feature is in everything. That's a lot of room for error." I protest.

"Treason, there're so many things that you'd be able to control so that it doesn't have to be that stressful. Plus, you have a really strong support system. It'll be a really good opportunity.

I sigh and consider everything he said. It really would be a good opportunity and I do have a strong support system. Gian has been begging me to do this for weeks now and it'd make him really happy. I mean, I haven't really been as adamant about not singing in front of people in the almost-month that Gian and I have been dating. I think it's just the fact that he's really the only one with the power to break me right now and I know he wouldn't.

"Yeah, okay." I agree. "I guess it wouldn't be so bad."

Mr Rexroth blinks and shakes his head. "Sorry, what?"

"I said yes." I repeat.

"Oh my god. Finally. Okay. Wow. This is great." He smiles excitedly. "Okay, come see me after school for all the details and get outta here now before you change your mind."

I laugh and roll my eyes but push the door open to find Gian waiting for me. He smiles up at me and kisses me hard.

"You heard?" I guess.

"Every word." He squeals excitedly. "This is gonna be great." Judging by the happiness rolling off him in waves I can tell that it really be great.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this is late. If I can find a pencil then I'll update. I lost my last mechanical pencil.

sacreligiousx 
Emochick920
matthuee.
Ashley the Twisted
crescendo.
JessicStar
miss.sobriety
Tongue Tied Ideas. [x2]
Sarcastically Blunt
Key To Loneliness
Can I bite you baby?


Thank you so much, really. I'm way too tired to wrote something coherent so just look forward to the next update...

Leave me your thoughts?