Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Gian

Love isn't something that I generally think about in depth. To me, there's different kinds of love. Friend love, parent love, brother love. And there's the romantic love. That's the kind of love I never really thought about. I mean, I thought it was simple, either you love someone or you don't 

I never planned to fall in love while I was in high school. It never seemed like a good idea. But with each canna lily that was handed to me that word kept popping up in my mind.

The things I feel for Treason really can't be described as anything else. I love him. No, more than just that, I'm in love with him.

I don't know how to feel about that fact. I mean, high school romances usually never work out in the long run but damn if I can help loving him. It's just that we've only been dating for a month. Usually I make fun of people for saying something so strong after such a short while but now I know what it's like.

It's an amazing feeling, just kinda weird. I mean, I won't really be upset if he doesn't love me back now but what if he never does? That would suck. 

The dismissal bell snaps me out of my thoughts and I gather my lily's before stepping into the hallway. L'Von is waiting there and hands me yet another one of the orange flowers. I add it to the others with a smile. That makes eleven.

"Thank you."

My brother smiles and nudges my shoulder. "Pretty cool huh?"

"Yeah, but I wish he'd answer my texts. I really wanna see him." I sigh.

"All part of his plan bro."

"Since when did you become a romantic?" I laugh.

"This morning when Jade agreed to be my valentine." He answers seriously.

I stop in my tracks with wide eyes. "Seriously?"

"Yeah." He says proudly.

"It's about time!"

He rolls his eyes and walks me the rest of the way to my locker. I spin the combination lock and snap it open. A folded piece of paper flutters to the floor and I shove all my books inside the small compartment before picking it up.

On the outside it reads:
To: Mine
From: Yours


My heart rate speeds up as I shift the flowers to L'Vons arms and open the note with eager fingers.

Dear, Gian- It reads,

Opposites compliment each other, and sometimes they can clash. But I love how you and I form to each others needs. I like you, a lot. I hope you can stay for a bit longer than our expected expiration date. I believe in forever and I hope I don’t hurt you and you don’t hurt me so this can last as long as that.

I have a strong feeling one, or both of us, are going to fall in love. Hopefully, it’s you first so I don’t feel weak. You already make me feel weak in the heart. It quivers every time you say something corny, or cute. I don’t think that’s healthy at all, but I don’t think what we consume is healthy either. Large doses of french fries, chicken and ice cream are going to run in our veins. But that’s alright, you burn calories sleeping, which I hope to do a lot with you. Cuddling, holding hands, spooning. A month ago almost mine became mine. And I became yours. 

Will you be my valentine?

Yours, Treason


I scan over the note one more time and pull out my phone, dialing my boyfriends number quickly. I hear his ringtone and look up to find him standing next to me, holding a lily.

"You rang?" Treason smiles, handing me the flower. That makes twelve. Perfect.

I throw the flower in L'Vons direction and throw my arms around Treasons neck. He spins me of my feet and kisses me before setting me down. 

"You like the flowers then?" He laughs, pulling away. 

I giggle and kiss him in response. "And yes, of course I'll be your valentine."

"That's great news because I have something planned for later." He grins.

|~|


At eight o'clock on the dot I knock on the door of Treason's house and wait patiently. He told me to be here for the second surprise and again, refused to tell me what it is.

Treason opens the door and immediately smiles, pulling me into his arms and kissing me softly. "Hey valentine."

"Hello to you too." I giggle. "I have something for you." I announce, presenting the red and white package to him.

He pulls me inside and to the living room. "I have something for you too."

Treason pushes me down onto the couch before disappearing from the room only to reappear seconds later. He sits next to me and hands me a poorly wrapped present.

"Sorry about the wrapping job. It's never been my strong suit." He apologizes with a sheepish smile. 

I shake my head and hand him his present before sliding a finger under the corner of the paper. A box is revealed and I pull of the lid to find two necklaces. One of them is a small key and the other a heart with a hole that matches the prongs of the key. Engraved on the heart are the words He who holds the key can open my heart.

My mouth drops open and the words I'd like to say won't come out. I look up at him and he's grinning at the pack of red guitar strings and heart shaped guitar picks I got him. Treason finally looks up at me and catches my eyes.

His smile quickly melts into a frown. "What's wrong? I didn't go overboard, did I? I just- I saw it and I thought it was perfect because . . . I dunno. See, you- you really did open my heart. I wouldn't even consider letting anyone in but then you came along and kind of forced your way in. In a good way! You know? And I really . . . kind of . . . love you." He says with sudden realization. "Gian- I love you."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I do. I know it's cliche to say on valentines day and all but god- I love you."

I beam and jump into his arms. "I love you too."

He grins and accepts the kisses I press all over his face. "Really?"

"Yes really!" I squeal. He laughs and kisses my lips. We stay like this for a few more minutes before the oven beeps. "Oh, and you cooked. Could you be any more perfect?

Treason just shakes his head with a smile, presses a kiss to my nose, and leads me to the dining room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a few days but it's the holidays! Cut me some slack? The next chapter will probably be up tomorrow. 50 by new years, remember? XD

These are the necklaces Treason gave Gian. Treason will wear the heart and Gian will wear the key.

matthuee.
Sarcastically Blunt
DiesAgainToday
JessicStar
Lovecrush1
Emochick920
Tongue Tied Ideas.
miss.sobriety
UnderTheThought
Ashley the Twisted
SingingSinner
Key to Loneliness
XpurpleXrainX


Thank you guys so much for all the feedback. I definitely love you so much for it.

Let me know what you think? 
How was your holiday?