Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Treason

The showcase has always been a big point of interest in our community. It's promoting the arts which I guess has been a large topic of debate. In February there's an art show at town hall which rakes in a huge profit for the art classes. Then in March there's the concert which raises money for the music department.

I honestly thought what since I, a student, was being featured, interest would decline but in fact, the opposite is true. I've had two newspapers and three morning talk shows ask for an interview but honestly, I've been busy with over one-hundred auditions. Literally.

Two weeks after valentines day the lineup is fully selected. Almost thirty acts have been chosen but the fun has just begun. Now I get to have meetings with all of them.

But first, Mr Rexroth insisted on a group meeting to "show them what I can do". His words.

After school, the auditorium is where everyone is gathered. Gian decides to tag along for moral support which I appreciate oh so much. There's seriously nothing I don't love about this boy.

The auditorium is lively when we get there and Mr Rexroth sends me to the stage immediately. There's a drum kit set up with an amazing drummer sitting behind it. Jake waves at me happily and twirls a drumstick in the other hand. Two more guys walk onto the stage with encouraging grins. Kyle straps on his bass and Tripp hands me an electric guitar before making sure his own is tuned properly.

I step up to the mic and quickly get the attention of everyone in the large room. "Hey guys. I'm Treason Gray. I've met everyone in auditions already I guess. I want to congratulate you for getting a spot in the showcase. I'm really excited to work with you all because you're all amazing musicians. Just so you guys don't think you're stuck with a no talent loser I want you to know that the piano and guitar are the two instruments I'm good at-"

"He's amazing." Mr Rexroth corrects from somewhere near the back.

I can feel my face heat up as I grin sheepishly. "Okay, I'm amazing, whatever. Buy I'm also getting drum lessons from that guy," I point to Jake, "Who is incredible and violin lessons from Rexroth so I should be well equipped to help you with your act. And now that you're all tired of hearing me talk, we've got a little something to get you pumped up for the weeks of work we have ahead of us.

Tripp and I bring in the guitars in an abrupt explosion of sound followed not one second later by Jakes cymbals and bass drum and Kyle on his bass. I look over at Tripp for a spilt second and receive a nod. He's my backup singer and honestly, he's better than I am. I temporarily shake the thought from my head and breathe in deeply.

Can you breathe
Does it hurt
What's it like when you can see it coming
When it takes all that you got 
Just to speak
Can you hear every word 
As the morning comes and is all transforming
Would it make the slightest difference
If you could see

And you wanna get out of here
Cause you don't have the strength to stay
And lost and confused you leave with the atmosphere
It's all we can do, it's all we can do

It's the mark and the scar
It's this all consuming act of silence 
As we walk out to the room in a daze
It's the sound of the car 
And the way the road will make the most sense
If we'd ever just quite figure out what it's saying
It's the back of the blade 
It's the dull but painful ache
Can it hurt, can it save

Cause you wanna get out of here
Cause you don't have the strength to stay
And lost and confused you leave with the atmosphere
It's all we can do, it's all we can do

And when it takes all we have left 
To breathe
And everything we have inside 
To speak
You can't find the nerve when all you want 
Is to bleed
Can we say that we're safe?


Uproarus applause sounds before our guitars have a chance to completely fade out and I'm completely overwhelmed. I did not expect that at all. Tripp claps me on the back and Jake throws a drumstick at my head in excitement.

I roll my eyes at them and turn just in time to catch Gian. He squeezes me tight and tells me what a good job I did and how proud he is of me. I grin and hug him back. His opinion means the most to me and having him gush like this just makes me extremely happy that I listened to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so it turns out that I will not be getting to chapter 50 by New Year's. Oh well, I guess. We'll be there in a week, I promise. 

matthuee. [x2]
SingingSinner
JessicStar
Sarcastically Blunt
Alex Loves Skittles
Emochick920
Can I bite you baby?
miss.sobriety
Lovecrush1
Snowfall Melody
UnderTheThought


Thank you so much for sticking with me here! This chapter is kinda boring but I hope you like the song at least.

It's Strength To Stay by Go Radio. Amazing band. (AND LOOK! I REMEMBERED THE LINK THIS TIME!)

Let me know what you think?