Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Treason

"Okay, so you go into a CACBE progression." I instruct the blonde sophomore sitting next to me. She fumbles over the notes but there's significant progress.

Tripp sits on her other side and he smiles encouragingly. "Yeah, that's it Julia. And it goes like that twice, then a two measure break and then pick up into the chorus."

Her fingers shake a little and only fumble twice but once she's finished we applaud and she smiles triumphantly.

"Not bad for your second time through." I comment. "Now, I've got the song. I'll go over it a few times this weekend and we'll meet up again before school on Tuesday. Tripp, can you run it through with her one more time? If I'm any later for this party my boyfriend will kill me."

Tripp laughs as he checks the clock. "I'm surprised that he isn't here dragging you off already. Tell Sabrina I said happy birthday?" 

"Why don't you just come?" I ask, slinging my bag over my shoulder. "She invited you." 

His face heats up to a light shade of pink. "I couldn't find the right gift."

"Tripp, I know that you've had a thing for her since like, preschool so I don't understand how you don't know that she doesn't care about the presents. She likes you too."

Tripp rolls his eyes. "I know that but I still wanna get her something. Something nice."

"I'm telling her you're on your way." I grin. "Don't disappoint her. C'mon man, tonight's the night." I ignore his protests and head down the hall.

I'm hardly even in my car before my phone rings. I answer it, smiling. "I'm on my way baby."

"You were supposed to be here an hour ago." Gian says, impatience clear in her voice. I can hear the music of the party in the background.

"I know Gigi. We got caught up in practice. I'm headed to the florist as we speak."

He sighs but his voice visibly softens. "Sixteen red roses."

"I got it." I grin. "I'll see you soon, okay? I love you."

"I love you too."

We hang up and I stop by the flower shop before pulling onto Sabrina's street. There are cars lined up on both sides so I park one street over and walk the distance. The two story Victorian style is overflowing with teenagers and is shaking from the bass of the music. I push my way through the crowd and manage to get all the way to the kitchen where, thankfully, Sabrina is sitting at the table next to my boyfriend.

The kitchen isn't as crowded as other parts of the house so it isn't too difficult getting to them. Gian perks up when he notices me and Sabrina's smile stretches from ear to ear.

I hand her the roses and lean down to kiss her cheek. "Happy sweet sixteen."

"Thank you!"

"Not a problem. Tripp will be here soon. He just had a few things to finish up." 

She looks up at me with a spark of hope in her eye. "But I thought he said he couldn't come?"

"He changed his mind." I shrug, grinning. "Do you mind if I steal Gian away?" 

"Not at all." She smiles. "We're still on for your house after this right?"

"Of course." I confirm, pulling Gian out of his seat and into the living room where the makeshift dance floor is.

He pulls me into the middle of the crowd of dancing teenagers and presses his ass hard against my groin. I wrap my arms around him and guide us through the beat.

His body moves against mine perfectly and it half amazes me that we haven't been doing this for our whole lives. Gian spins around and presses his chest up into mine, wrapping his arms around my neck and puckering his lips ever so slightly. I lean down and press my lips to his firmly. This is pure bliss.

|~|


The party ends at around two AM. The last of the guests head out and Sabrina, Gian, L'Von, Jade, Tripp and I pile into two cars and drive to my house. We decided that clean up could wait until morning and I offered to let everyone crash at my place. My mom's working tonight so it all works out.

And to even it out even further, Jade and L'Von pair up to take the pull out couch, Tripp and Sabrina throw some pillows onto the floor and curl up together and Gian pulls me into my room, bidding everyone goodnight.

Sabrina and Tripp finally got together and I'm happy for them. It was weird being around both of them, knowing their 'secrets' and not being able to say anything. Thank god they finally came to their senses. And I don't even know when the Jade and L'Von romance started but that's way overdue too. I'm really happy that everyone's finding somebody but I also feel bad for them because no one could ever have anyone as amazing as Gian.

I change into some sweatpants and nix the shirt while Gian changes into an oversized shirt with no pants. It's almost funny how perfect this situation is. We could do anything and not get caught but I know that the most that'll happen is a heated makeout session, if that. I mean, yeah, we've fooled around but neither one of us is really ready to take it to that level which is one of the many reasons we're perfect for each other.

I crawl under the blanket and wait for Gian to climb in and get comfy before spooning him from behind. He relaxes in my arms and turns his head to kiss me.

"This is our first night together." He points out.

"Isn't it great?" I smile against the back of his neck. "First of many."

"Yeah," He yawns. "Sunny, I love you."

"I love you too baby." I murmur, allowing my eyes to close. It doesn't take long for either of us to fall asleep. The comfort I feel with him is almost mind blowing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not even going to give you a bullshit excuse as to why this took three weeks. I just didn't really feel like writing. And, honestly, my boyfriend distracted me a lot. I really am sorry though. 

We've got ten more chapters left. I'm both excited and sad.

Lovecrush1
Derek Fitz
matthuee.
JessicStar
Emochick920
Alex Loves Skittles
sacreligiousx 
miss.sobriety
DiedAgainToday
SingingSinner
Sarcastically Blunt
rashaaaad
crescendo.
DeceptiveDani
UnderTheThought
kcshea


Thank you guys for all the feedback! I seriously do promise to be better at updating. Maybe every other day or something :)

I picked this picture for Tripp. I decided that since he's gonna be a recurring character then he should get a face :)

In case you feel like checking out a few more stories here's a few that I love and that I think should definitely get more readers/commenters.
Frostbite
Looking For The Words
More Than Words
Turning Clockwise.

And! Let me know what you think?