Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Treason

I knew that my senior year of high school would be stressful but I never thought it'd be like this. With a week and a half until the showcase, my days are booked with meetings, rehearsals, and practices. Theres hardly any time to do schoolwork and even less time to be with Gian. 

He doesn't complain but I can see the disappointment on his face every time I have to leave him to do something showcase related. Seriously, he's perfect. I just need to figure out a way to make it up to him.

I find Gian at his locker and cover his eyes from behind. "Guess who?"

"Could it be my tall, dark and handsome boyfriend?"

I move my hands from his eyes and he turns around smiling. "Do you have another boyfriend that I don't know about?"

"You're my one and only." Gian leans up on his toes and kisses me firmly as if to drive in his point. "Don't you have a rehearsal right now?"

"Mmm. I do but I feel like I haven't seen you at all since L'Von's play, and I was wondering if I could convince you to come with me."

"You could, but you'd also have to convince Ivy that there aren't any snails in her younger brothers underwear drawer. She's convinced that they're hiding in there in order to crawl up his legs and control him so they can take over the world. We were going to investigate."

I grin. "I think I can do that."

I dial Ivy's number and she picks up on the third ring, ad usual. "Name?"

"Treason."

"Sex?"

"Male."

"Age?"

"We both know that age is a conspiracy." I answer, smiling at her normal routine.

"Treason! What's up?" She exclaims, relaxing,

"I was wondering if I could steal Gian from you this afternoon."

"He was supposed to help me with the world domination snails." She explains.

"Snails? Ivy, didn't you hear? The World Domination Snail Committee declared Annapolis a safe zone. It was in the news and everything."

"Really?" Ivy asks, relief clear in his voice.

"Really." I confirm. "So, can Gian come with me?"

"Of course!" She laughs, hanging up without saying goodbye.

Gian grabs my hand as I slip my phone into my pocket. "That was some very impressive Ivy-control."

"Yeah, it takes talent." I wink, leading him through the hallways and into the music room.

There are a handful it people there as usual going over sheet music, plucking the strings on guitars and humming soft melody's to themselves. All of them are performing in the showcase. It can get a little overwhelming.

I lead Gian to a couple of seats near the front and sit down next to him. "I only have to go over one song with Rachel and then we can get out of here. I really want you to listen to the lyrics though. She picked it because she likes it but every time we sing it I can only think of you."

Gian's eyes melt and he agrees, kissing me once before I stand to join Rachel. She hands me the guitar she just tuned with a smile. "All set?"

"Of course." I smile, securing the guitar strap around me. "Ready?"

She nods and I count down quietly. The rest of the room goes silent in anticipation. They know the routine well by now.

The sounds from the guitar are smooth and soothing, and Rachel and I harmonize on a few 'oooooo's and 'yea-aaah's. It's mainly her song but there's no mistaking my voice in the harmonies. 

You can be the peanut butter to my jelly
You can be the butterflies I feel in my belly
You can be the captain
And I can be your first mate
You can be the chills that I feel on our first date
You can be the hero
And I can be your sidekick
You can be the tear That I cry if we ever split
You can be the rain from the cloud when it's stormin'
Or you can be the sun when it shines in the mornin'

Don't know if I could ever be Without you 
'Cause boy you complete me
And in time I know that we'll both see That we're all we need
Cause you're the apple to my pie
You're the straw to my berry
You're the smoke to my high
And you're the one I wanna marry 
Cause you're the one for me
And I'm the one for you 
You take the both of us 
And we're the perfect two
We're the perfect two
We're the perfect two
Baby me and you
We're the perfect two

You can be the prince and I can be your princess
You can be the sweet tooth I can be the dentist
You can be the shoes and I can be the laces
You can be the heart that I spill on the pages
You can be the vodka and I can be the chaser
You can be the pencil and I can be the paper
You can be as cold as the winter weather
But I don't care as long as were together

Don't know if I could ever be
Without you 'cause boy you complete me
And in time I know that we'll both see
That we're all we need
Cause you're the apple to my pie
You're the straw to my berry
You're the smoke to my high
And you're the one I wanna marry

Cause your the one for me 
And I'm the one for you
You take the both of us
And we're the perfect two
We're the perfect two
We're the perfect two
Baby me and you
We're the perfect two

You know that I'll never doubt ya
And you know that I think about ya
And you know I can't live without ya
I love the way that you smile
And maybe in just a while
I can see me walk down the aisle

Cause you're the apple to my pie
You're the straw to my berry
You're the smoke to my high
And you're the one I wanna marry
Cause your the one for me 
And I'm the one for you 
U take the both of us
And were the perfect two
Were the perfect two
Were the perfect two
Baby me and you
We're the perfect two


Rachel finishes the song with a few hums and 'yeah's and we receive a louder than expected applause when the guitar fades out.

"How was it?" She asks, bright eyed and excited.

"It was great! I'm so proud of you. We've definitely got it down." I smile, taking off the guitar and hugging her with one arm. "I think we're done practicing. Just make sure you're here the night before the showcase for dress rehearsal."

Rachel beams at me and nods excitedly before going to her friends and chattering happily. I secure the guitar in a safe place and head over to where my boyfriend is waiting patiently.

"So? How was it?" I ask, a bit self conscious.

Gian looks around the room to check for witnesses before jumping into my arms and crushing his lips to mine. "I don't think I've ever been more in love with you."

"I take it you liked it then." I tease, pulling him out into the hallway for more privacy.

He rolls his eyes but grins as well. "So, uh, I'll be the prince and you'll be my princess?"

"I knew you'd pick up on that." I groan, pressing him against the lockers and hovering just and inch over his mouth. 

"I'll hold you to it too." He winks, closing the distance eagerly. "There are so many things I wanna do to you with my tongue right now." He murmurs.

"Mmm. I like the sound of that. I don't meet Rexroth until eight. That leaves us four hours of unsupervised fun."

"Then why are we still in the hallway?" He wonders. He pushes me away and grabs my hand, pulling me eagerly all the way to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been two weeks. Yeah, sorry about that. I just really really didn't feel like typing. It takes me forever :(

Lazz
miss.sobriety
Emochick920
JessicStar
Sarcastically Blunt
Lovecrush1
Leaaaaaaaah.
DeceptiveDani
Alex Loves Skittles
bones n'feathers


Sorry guys, still no sexy time. Like I said, I don't know it I'll put smut in this story. I hope you still stick around :)

The song is The Perfect Two by Auburn. My boyfriend actually posted this song on my Facebook wall once. It was super sweet so there's that personal connection there :)

Let me know what you think? Any and all comments and criticisms are welcome :)