Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Gian

Some people don't think that swimming is a sport. How can it be when practically everyone has a swimsuit and most of the general population can swim across a pool?

What these people don't realize is that it takes some serious practice to be able to dive into the water at just the right angle, synchronize your strokes with your head movements, control your kicks so that you don't end up going head first into the opposite wall, and move your torso to help you go faster all at the same time. And without drowning.

There's a strategy for it; one that takes time and practice to perfect. Nothing annoys me more than when people say that 'anyone can swim'. Yeah, sure, but not competitively. Get it straight.

Thankfully March has finally come which means the start of spring sports. Swimming tryouts are today. L'Von meets me at my locker and hands me my gym bag which I filled with my lucky swimsuit, my lucky towel, my favorite goggles, and an assortment of ritualistic snacks. I'm somewhat of a superstitious person. It's never failed me before. 

"Thanks." I grin at him. "You ready?"

"I've never been more ready in my life. Swim season bitch!" He yells, laughing.

Treason shakes his head and leans down to kiss me slowly. "Good luck baby. I'll be waiting when you get out."

"I'll see you then." I smile. "Love you."

"Love you too." He pecks my lips one more time and heads off to the music room. 

"You guys are so sickening." L'Von fake gags.

"Like you and Jade are any better?"

"Hey! Me and Jade are fucking adorable." He persists.

"Please. Treason and I can out adorable you any day." I tease. We make our way to the change room and get dressed quickly before heading out to the pool with the others. There's about 25 people here but only one familiar face. 

"Logan! Hey! I didn't know you swam." 

"I didn't know you did either." He beams. "I was on the team last year."

"Oh yeah? Are tryouts brutal?"

"In a sense. But you definitely look like you're in shape enough to handle it." Logan assures me.

We talk about our most recent GSA meeting while we wait for a few other people and the coaches. 

"Hey guys, I'm Coach Kori and this is Coach Dylan. Welcome to tryouts." A short woman, maybe in her thirties, announces. Next to her is a tall, buff, mean-looking man who is probably fresh out of college.

They spilt us into girls and guys, the girls following Coach Kori on one side of the pool while Coach Dylan gives us directions on the other. He proves to actually be a soft spoken man with a laid back demeanor. He tells us to do three laps to warm up and everyone jumps into the pool eagerly. 

Soon after that we learn that there will only be fourteen people on the team, seven girls and seven guys. That means that half of us won't make it. This makes me nervous but I push the feeling aside to start the first task. I hear a whistle blow and dive expertly into the chilly water.

|~|


"How'd it go?" Treason asks as I walk out of the change room fully clothed but hair still damp.

"Pretty good." I nod slowly.

"Pretty good?" He asks skeptically.

I can't stop the grin that spreads over my face. "I made the team!"

"I knew it!" He laughs, wrapping his arms around me and spinning me off of my feet. "Congratulations!" 

"Thank you." I giggle, accepting the kiss he offers. "L'Von made it too. So did Logan."

"The guy from GSA?"

"Yeah." I confirm. "It's gonna be an awesome season."

"We have to celebrate." Treason says, still smiling. "I'm taking you out."

"Can we maybe go out Friday?" I ask. "I'm actually exhausted and I know you just got out of practice too. Plus my parents are visiting Papí this week. And they won't be home till Monday. You could spend the night?"

A devilish smile makes its way on Treasons face. "Will L'Von be there?"

"Nuh-uh. Jade's got him occupied." I smirk.

He wraps an arm around my waist and leads me outside. "That sounds beyond perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long you guys :( 
I have the next few chapters written though so I'll be updating faster. Maybe after every five comments? Sounds good to me :)

Lovecrush1
JessicStar
Alex Loves Skittles
miss.sobriety
Emochick920
Sarcastically Blunt
matthuee.
Key to Loneliness


Thank you guys so much. It's reassuring to know that a slash that doesn't contain smut can still be successful. You don't come across that too often, you know?

Let me know what you think?