Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Treason

At this point, Gian is the only thing keeping me sane. Between the calls and texts from the people performing in the showcase, and the meetings and practices I'm always at, the rare and precious moments spent with my love are the moments when absolutely nothing stresses me out.

Jimmy still barely knows his part, Caitlyn is still flat when she sings the chorus of her song, Denis still fidgets with his mic while on stage, and so many other things just crowd my head. But when I'm with Gian he's he only thing on my mind. There's no room for anything else. It's just him.

I need him more than I've ever needed anyone. Except maybe my mom. He keeps me grounded.

It's not hard to plan a date better than McDonalds and ice skating, but it is a bit of a challenge considering its between seasons. The winter attractions are done for the year and the summer businesses haven't opened yet.

Luckily I overhear a couple of guys from the showcase raving about the brand-spanking-new coffee shop that's holding an open mic night Friday. I don't plan on singing or anything but I know he'll love it nonetheless.

After a thorough drum lesson from Jake, I run home quickly to take a shower. I pull on a pair of jeans, ticking a black button up into the waistband and rolling the sleeves up to the elbow. Simple, but I think it looks nice. I spray myself quickly with Gian's favorite scent of Axe and give up on my hair completely before grabbing my shoes, coat, wallet, phone, and keys and leaving.

A few minutes later, I'm walking up to the door of Gian's house. L'Von almost runs straight into me on his way out but stops short. 

"Hey man," He greets, smiling. "You look nice. Have fun tonight."

"Thanks. You too."

He heads off down the driveway but pivots back as he has a second though. "But hey, not too much fin okay? He's still my little brother."

"You have my word." I promise. He grins and finally leaves with a simple wave.

Gian is at the door by the time I get there, looking as amazing as ever in his tight red jeans and dark grey polo. "Hey." He says almost breathlessly. 

"You look kissable." I compliment.

"Then why aren't you kissing me?" He questions.

I roll my eyes as I wrap my arms around him. He leans up to meet me halfway. The kiss quickly turns into a heated make out and I have to untangle myself from him before we end up just not going out. He pouts slightly but lets me lead him to the car anyway.

The coffee shop is about as modern as you can get. There are couches and coffee tables scattered around instead of regular tables and chairs. It's cozy and warm and perfect. Gian sets off to find us seats in the packed shop while I stand in line to buy hot chocolate and fist-sized muffins. 

I find him with minimal difficulty and sink into he plush cushion, pressed against him. He sips his drink carefully and curls into me as I drape my arm around his shoulders. The seats he picked give a perfect view of the currently empty stage and we talk while we wait for the first act to come on.

"Hey Sunny?" He says softly, picking at his muffin.

"Yeah Gigi?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything." I agree, noticing the shift in conversation. 

He looks up at me through his lashes. "When you graduate in a few months, are you leaving? Like, college or something?"

The question honestly surprises. I haven't really thought about what I'm doing. I haven't had time to. I always planned on going to the community college. But then Gian came along and now I want to stay with him always. But I also want to go to college and maybe pursue a career in music and be able to give him everything in the world.

Before I have a chance to answer, the lights go down and a red haired boy takes the stage. I lean down to whisper in his ear though, "I don't plan on leaving you."

He seems content with this answer for now and settles in with a smile. The question is on my mind for the rest of the night though. I mean, what am I gonna do? I never wanted to leave before because I needed to be here for my mom. She's actually been in a lot better spirits since I started dating Gian. I think she takes solace in knowing that I'm so irrevocably happy.

But with Gian, I wanna stay here more than ever. Distance can ruin a relationship and I'm not willing to let that happen. I know he wouldn't want that though. For me to stay because of him.

The show isn't over until almost one in the morning and by this time we're both exhausted. Between my showcase stress and his swimming practices we're stretched pretty thin. When we get to Gian's house, we change into pajamas and curl up together on the couch. Gian turns on a movie and mindlessly traces patterns on the exposed strip of my skin just above my pants. My arm acts as a pillow for the both of us, and, even though the couch wasn't made for the two of us to lay down together, it's perfect.

"Sunny?" He whispers.

I crack one eye open and smile at him tiredly. "Hmm?"

"If you get an opportunity to go somewhere wonderful, I want you to take it. I'll love you wherever you are."

He makes me promise, and I do, but I can't help but think that it's a promise I'll have to break.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aren't they just sickening?

JessicStar
Emochock920
miss.sobriety
Sarcastically Blunt
matthuee.
Lovecrush1


Yay! Thank you guys! I think I like this comment/updating thing. Let's keep doing that :)

Let me know what you think?