Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Gian

Being a navy brat has its perks. Since L'Von and I lived around water our whole lives it only made sense for us to learn how to swim very early on. Plus, with the whole 'black people can't swim' stereotype, dad was eager to teach L'Von ASAP.

It was only natural that we join the swim team every time we went to a school that had one. It's something we love and it was pretty much one of the only constant things in our lives. 

I mean, we don't want to be Olympic champions or anything, we just love the water. And swim meets have sort of turned into a family affair. Mom makes food for the whole team to snack on during the meet, dad comes to every event sporting our school colors or logo, and L'Von and I do our best not to be too embarrassed. Oh, and we swim. 
 
Friday is the day of our first swim meet. The house is full of mouth watering smells from the kitchen and general excitement. Mom shoo's us away from the food several times before caving and letting us each have some hot wings. Technically we're not supposed to eat an hour before competing but it's a rule we hardly ever follow.

Dad drives us there, clad head to toe in blue and gold with a bulldog on the front of his shirt. No one would ever have the guts to say that he isn't a great dad. 

When we get there, L'Von and I get dressed in our blue and gold swim shorts that are really more like underwear. I have to wear a cap but L'Von can pass since his hair is shaved so close to his head. Lastly we hang our goggles around our necks and gather for what is possibly the greatest pep talk I've ever heard, which is slightly surprising since it comes from our generally silent Coach Dylan. We then meet the girls outside the doors and enter the pool arena as a team. Coach has us do a few laps to warm up and then instructs us to wait on the bench.

I spot mom and dad easily and they wave at me enthusiastically, but then I see a familiar yet very unexpected mop of black hair sitting next to them. I ask Coach Kori for permission to go see him which she reluctantly gives due to the fact that the other team isn't even out yet.

Treason meets me at the bottom of the bleachers and I can tell that it's taking all of his self control not to run his hands all over me. He settles for a quick kiss instead.

"What are you doing here?" I demand, smiling. "Don't you have dress rehearsal for the showcase?"

"Yeah, I do. But you're insane if you thought I'd miss your first swim meet." He grins. "Rehearsal doesn't start for an hour and I'm determined to see you swim at least once."

I can't stop the grin that spreads across my face and I'm past caring who sees me when I throw my arms around my boyfriend and kiss him firmly. He pulls away first and shoots a nervous look at my dad but I distract him. 

"I love you, you know that?"

"I love you too."

"Faggots." Treason's smile melts into an angry frown as he looks up to see who said that. One of the guys from the opposing team the opposing team is staring at us with a sneer on his lips.

"Do you have a fucking problem?" Treason demands.

"Yeah, I do." The guy challenges. They're the same height but it's clear that Treason is the more muscular of the two. I might be the only person in this room that knows he'd never hit the guy, even if he should.

The guys coach barks at him to follow the rest of his team. He turns to me and smirks. "I'll see you in the pool. You'll be the one doggy-paddling, right?"

With that he joins his team and I'm left fuming over the comment. Of course that insult would go hand-in-hand with any swim team with a bulldog as a mascot, I'm just sick of it. I'm even more determined to win, as if Treasons presence wasn't enough motivation.

"Gigi, look at me," Treason says. I do, and I see the love and adoration in his eyes. "Kick his ass."

I give him one last kids before rejoining my team and relaying the story. L'Von is ready to kick his ass right here and now but I convince him that this is a score best settled in the water.

The meet goes on smoothly with our team winning all but one of the races. Next it's my turn and to my delight, the asshole stands too. We take positions and wait for the signal before diving into the cool water. I swim with everything I've got, not paying attention to anything to anything other than propelling myself through the water. 

I end up finishing not any full 1.8 seconds before him but my time is the best if the whole meet. Our team wins, I'm crowned overall victor, and the duche is left sending hateful glares.

Treason catches me easily when I see him and he congratulates me with kisses and I-love-you's before apologizing for his need to leave. 

I honestly couldn't care less. I'm just happy that he surprised me by coming at all. Dad's so excited that he offers to take the whole team out to dinner and enlists L'Vons help to carry me to the car on their shoulders. 

All things considered, I think that this is my favorite first-meet-of-the-season ever. I once again find myself thanking whoever that dad brought us to Maryland. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a while. I'm sorry :( 
I just need to type what I have prewritten which sounds easier than it is.

Emochick920
Lovecrush1
matthuee.
JessicStar
Sarcastically Blunt


Thank you! You're the reason I keep going, honestly.

Let me know what you think?