Status: Attackative

Jagged Edges

Gian

If there’s one thing I love about Treason, it’s his dedication. His dedication to his family, his schoolwork, and to me. I would never even consider questioning his sincerity when he says he loves me.

But that’s the thing.

He loves me so much that he’s not willing to put any distance between us in fear that it will cause our relationship to suffer. I love him too much to let an opportunity like Berkley to just pass. Only one of us can have our way and he already promised me. Treason’s keeping that promise whether he wants to or not.

Early in the morning, after the showcase, I head over to Treason’s house with a mission. He should still be asleep, which is what I’m counting on. This is a conversation I need to have with his mom.

Last night Treason called me rather late, apologies rolling off of his tongue about how sorry he was about the time, but he needed to vent. He had gotten into an argument with his mom. When she found out that he wasn’t planning on taking the offer, she was less than pleased. A fight broke out, resulting in his need to be consoled.

I also told him that he was being stupid but he was hell bent on getting his way, so I gave up for the time being. I’m not sure that he realizes that I’m hell bent on getting my way too.

I knock on his door softly. Amren appears quickly with a raised eyebrow. “Treason’s still asleep.”

“I was hoping for that. Is your mom here?”

He gives me a skeptical look before opening the door wider and stepping aside. “Kitchen.”

I thank him and head straight for the kitchen. Ms. Laura sits at the table with a steaming cup of coffee, looking weary and upset. She looks up when I walk in with a bewildered smile. “Gian, it’s nice to see you. What brings you here this early?”

“I wanted to talk to you about Treason.” I say eagerly.

Her eyebrows go up much like her sons did mere minutes ago. “What about him?”

I take a seat next to her and place an envelope on the table. “We both know that Treason is stubborn and that that he won’t fill out this application. He wants to stay here for us but neither of us want that for him, right? So my idea is that we fill out the application for him. That way, he still gets the opportunity to go and we’ve got another two months to convince him that it’s the right thing.”

Ms. Laura ponders this for a minute or two and smiles. “Treason is really lucky to have someone who cares about him as much as you do.”

I feel a blush creep up my neck and I smile sheepishly. “I know he’d do the same for me.”

She pats my hand fondly and pulls the envelope toward her. “Let’s have a look at this.”

Together we fill out the application. It only takes about an hour in total. I promise to stop by the guidance office to get his transcripts sent, and she vows to get the application safely and secretly mailed.

Almost the second we’re done, Treason shuffles in in only his boxers and opens the fridge. He doesn’t notice me at first so I clear my throat. He looks up and his smile stretches from ear to ear.

“Hey Gigi. What’re you going here?”

“Sunny,” I sigh, “I told you last night that we’re going to rent you a tux today.”

“A tux?” He asks. Then realization dawns on him. “Prom is next week. Right. Give me half an hour to get ready.”

“Hurry.” I laugh. He comes over to peck a kiss to my lips and then disappears back to his room. I decide to pass the time slaying Amren in Mario Kart.

“You know,” He says, after losing his seventh game. “Any guy who can beat me this bad at this game is okay in my book. I’m glad Treason chose you.”

Me too…I think.
♠ ♠ ♠
See look! I kept my promise!

eric halvorsen
Emochick920
matthuee.


Thank you so much!

There's only three more chapters left you guys :(
I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the week :)

Let me know what you think?