Status: I have moved to my tumblr (piamariesays.tumblr.com) or to http://www.onedirectionfanfiction.com/viewuser.php?uid=485

The Other Side of the World

Big Day, Let’s Avoid The Drama

I woke up to an empty room. I got up to realize I had 7 miss calls, 2 voicemails, and 9 text messages. Some from Zach, but all mostly apologies from Cameron. I rolled over hoping that this day was half way done with, but I saw it was only 10am.

Zach had left me a message saying they all went out to breakfast and he didn’t want to wake me. And he told me I had to be ready by noon. I was weak and tired, I didn’t want to move. But I knew if he got back to the room and I wasn’t ready yet, it wouldn’t be a pretty sight.

I got up and slow as possible. Not one ounce in my body had the energy for the day. One look in the mirror I saw how much last night affected me, with my eyes all red and puffy barely able to open them, my hair look as if it was a wild bird’s nest. My heart sank even lower into my stomach, causing me to run to the bathroom vomiting last night’s dinner.

“Today will not go well, I can already tell.” I said to myself as I started to get ready for the day ahead of me.

--
Zach’s POV
--

I sit at breakfast right across from Cameron. He looks so dead. I’m guessing he didn’t get enough sleep last night either.

Okay I get it; he’s one of my best friends, my band mate, like my brother even. But Kaylin is pretty much my family. My little sister since I was 10, she always came first, and she always will. I haven’t spoken one word to Cameron and he knows why. Seeing Kaylin a complete wreck last night had me furious and upset at the same time. Whoever wants to see someone you care about go through something like that?

As I sat there trying to wrap my head around the situation and trying not to jump across the table to beat the shit out of Cameron, I was interrupted by Harry, “So where’s Kaylin? I thought she’s like always with you guys?”

“She was still asleep when I woke up, so I didn’t want to bother her. She seemed really tired, so I figured I’d let her sleep in. She isn’t feeling too well either.” I told them, totally leaving out the drama that happened last night. I don’t even think the rest of the guys in the bad knew what was going on, except for Nathan of course since he was sharing a room with Cameron.

“Is she going to be able to make it tonight?” Liam asked, concerned.

“Uh, yeah of course. She’s a strong girl. She can get through it.” I shot a glare at Cameron. He looked away knowing what I meant. “She wouldn’t miss tonight for anything.”

“Well, send her our best wishes and let tell her we’ll see her tonight.” Zayn said.

“I definitely will.” Our breakfast was over, seemed to be rushed, but I didn’t care much… I just really wanted to see how Kaylin was doing. “We’ll see you guys in a couple hours!” We said our goodbye’s and headed back to the hotel.

“Cameron, what’s been up with you all day?” Michael asked.

“Uh, nothing. Last night, got in late. So I’m just really tired.”

“Late night with Kaylin huh?” Michael nudged him why doing lifting his eye brows up and down.

“Not even close.” I said under my breath.

“What was that?” Michael turned to me.

“Oh nothing.” I put my head down. “Yes, finally back at the hotel.”

“I want to see Kaylin. I want to see if she’s okay.” Nathan suggested.

“Uhm, okay.” I was hesitant, because I wasn’t sure if she was really up for it.

The guys followed me back to my hotel room. Maybe I should have called her first.

“Guys, I’m gonna go back to my room and take like an hour nape before we have to head out to the venue. I have this killer headache.”

“Alright bro, we’ll come get you when it’s time to leave.” Nathan said and we went our separate ways.

We walked into the room everything was a mess, clothes everywhere, the sheets we’re nearly off the bed. Yeah, last night was rough. “Bug! We’re back.”

“What the hell happened in here?” Dillon asked kicking stuff to the side so he can walk through.

“I’m in the bathroom!” I walked into the bathroom as she was putting the last finishing touches to her hair. “How do I look?” She turned around. She was wearing her white summer dress, black converse, with her hair curled and pushed back with a yellow flower in it.

“I see you’re trying to play the part.”

“I have to live up to ‘Hey Princess’ don’t I?” She smiled at me. What people don’t know is that ‘Hey Princess’ was inspired by her. Growing up she was always the girl who believed in fairytales, and she still does.

“How you doing? You a little bit better?” I look at her hoping she’s slightly moved on from everything.

“Yeah, I’m better. Just trying to move on and not let it get to me. Today is a big day for you guys and One Direction. Drama isn’t needed.”

I hugged her. “Okay well fair warning, the guys are here.” She looked away. “But no Cam, he decided to go back to his room.” She sighed in relief. We walked out of the bathroom and all the guys; they looked at her as if she was sent down from heaven or something.

“Well look at the pretty lady. How are you today?” Michael got up and gave her a cheek to say hello.

“I’ve been better. But today is going to be a good day.” She winked at them. “What time do we leave?”

“In like an hour. So we can just chill til then.” Nathan said.

We all sat around like we used to before anything ever happened. I was never against Cameron and Kaylin being together, but I knew it wouldn’t last; only for the solid fact that their relationship was based on hooking up more than anything else. I love both of them, I really do… But sometimes it just takes a toll on the band. Especially me, I hate being in the middle of everything.

--
Kaylin’s POV
--

I was starting to feel better knowing that Zach was there for me. I knew that if I made all of this a bigger deal, it would ruin a lot of things. I just knew how he felt about me putting him in the middle of things like this. Cam and I both don’t try for it to happen like this, but Zach just gets put in the middle automatically.

Soon enough it was time to head over to the venue. I was pretty anxious for the show tonight. I know a lot of the guys’ friends and even family are heading up to watch the show. And more so I’m excited to see One Direction’s set.

“Guys we have to go get Cam.” We didn’t realize Cameron wasn’t with us and almost forgot to get him.

“Nathan, why don’t you and the rest go get Cam? Kay and I will just start heading out and meet you on the bus.” Zach is always finding some way to save me.

We got on to the bus and I figured I’d just try to avoid Cameron all day. Maybe he would do that same.

I was sitting in the front lounge of the bus waiting to leave. The rest of the guys finally came and of course the one thing I did not want to happen, I locked eyes with Cameron.

“Hey, you look really great.” He said to be under his breath.

“Hi. Yeah, thanks.” I said just to be polite. We drove off and headed to the Wiltern. I was pretty much quiet for most of the 10 minute ride there. Well until Nathan said something.

“Why is everyone acting so weird today?”

I looked up at my phone over to Zach, and then he looked over to Cameron.

“Uh. No its nothing. Just tired and nervous for tonight.” Cameron spoke up and looked at me. I looked at my phone pretending I was being too occupied to even care as to what was going on.

After what felt like forever, we were finally at the venue. I quickly got off the bus to surely avoid anymore tension and awkward moments. It was a hot summer day in LA and there were already a bunch of fans lined up in front of the venue.

I walked into the back of the venue and you can hear “Forever Young” just starting to play. I had almost forgotten that One Direction would already be here doing their sound check.

I decided I wanted to watch as they did their sound check so I went over to the front of the stage, and took a seat, 4 rows back.

Liam was in the middle of “Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst” my favorite line of the song. I had chills run through my body hearing him sing it live. I sat listening to them go in and out of the song, trying to get their in-ears right.

One of my favorite things about venues like these was the emptiness of it all before all the chaos starts. I looked up at the boys wondering if they noticed I was there, and then I heard Liam “Hi Kaylin.” He waved and smiled.

The chills came back and my heart sank down into my stomach. I’ve never felt this way before.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is another filler. I'm just setting it up for the next chapter (: Enjoy! xx