Status: The updates to this will trickle in.

Nobody's Listening

Chapter Twenty

T W E N T Y

Luke's crooked grin broadened as his hand tightened around mine. I smiled back at him as he opened the passenger's side of his Mazda. He stepped aside so I could slide in before he shut the door behind me and got into the driver's side. "Can you believe that it's already Christmas break?"

I shook my head. "Unbelievable. It seems like just yesterday James had left."

He nodded in agreement. "God, they weren't joking when they said that senior year would fly, huh? We're still going to your house, right?"

I hummed a noncommittal agreement to both questions and stared out the window at the gray scenery rushing by. It was December seventeenth, almost four months since anyone had seen or heard from James Morgan. I hope he's okay. I wonder when he's going to come back. He said around New Years, but he acted skeptical. Will he be any different?

No. Stop thinking about James, the small voice in the back of my head snapped. Look at Luke. He's been a doll these past few months. He taught you how to play guitar. He bought you tons of presents and music. He was so grateful when you nursed him back to health when he twisted his ankle. You both love each other.

I pursed my lips. Yes, I do love Luke, I argued with the voice in my head. He's been great. But I can miss James, can't I?

The voice never answered. I sighed and saw that we had stopped outside of my house. Luke opened my door for me and I stepped out.

"Is your mom home?" Luke asked.

I shivered in the cold, wrapping my scarf tighter around my neck. "Nah, probably not."

He grinned and circled around the Mazda to envelop me in a hug. "This is our last day together, since I'm leaving for Missouri tomorrow."

I shivered again, but this time it wasn’t from the cold. Luke and I had come very close to… getting under the sheets… several times, but nothing ever really happened. I felt anxiety and excitement bubble in my stomach. “Well, let’s make it count, then?” I replied, my voice shaking slightly.

He chuckled and put his forehead against mine. “I love you, Desirae Anne Plunkett.”

I smiled, my face heating up. It wasn’t the first time he had said this. “I love you too, Lucas Alan Reynolds.”

Luke stared into my eyes for a few seconds, making my heart play out a crazy rhythm. I adverted my gaze, hoping that he couldn’t feel my pulse through my wool coat. “Why don’t we go up to your room?” he asked, his voice husky.

My heart continued to pitter a dangerous pattern. “Okay,” I squeaked, trying to sound seductive but failing.

He took my hand and we walked inside, stumbling up the stairs two at a time, trying to make the minutes count by just drinking each other in with our eyes. As soon as we came to the hall leading to my room, Luke pulled me close, lips leaving kisses all over my face.

I don’t know how we got to my bed, but suddenly we were there, our lips moving flawlessly. Luke pressed up against me, grinding his hips into mine. I moaned, raking my fingers through his hair. He growled, his teeth edging across my bottom lip. Tingles ran through my fingers and toes, sparking a flame in my stomach. He moved his lips from my mouth to my neck to find a tender spot right underneath my jaw. I threw my head back to my pillow and whispered his name.

“Luke… Luke, I think… I think I’m ready now,” I moaned, wrapping my legs around his waist, trying to pull him closer.

His head snapped up, eyes widened with surprise. “W-what?” he stuttered, obviously shocked.

I take a sharp intake of breath. “I know, we’ve only been together for about four months now, but… I love you, Luke. I want you to be my first.”

His blue eyes softened and the crooked smile returned. “I love you too. So much. But are you sure?” He reached into his back pocket for his wallet, where I knew he kept a condom just in case. I nodded frantically, pressing my body closer to his. His breathing rate hiked. “O-okay,” he stuttered again, taking the condom out and setting it on the bedside table. “As soon as you’re ready, I’m set.” A fine blush settled across his cheeks.

I take a deep breath and try to relax enough to take the inevitable pain. Luke kissed my lips tenderly before pushing his hands up the front of my shirt. His fingers trailed across my stomach, sending chills racing up my spine. His touch was soft and caring, and I knew I made the right decision.

I tore his shirt over his head, eager to start. He laughed and slid mine off as well, leaving only my bra and our pants on. He pressed up against me and aggressively took my lips in his. I could feel him against my pelvis and I moaned louder than before. All I could pay attention to was our breathing and our actions, oblivious to the outside world.

A voice cleared loudly suddenly, and I jerked away from Luke to find James in the doorway of my bedroom, a bittersweet smirk adorning his pale face. “Sorry to interrupt,” he sneered, “but your mom told me to come on over, and I thought I heard you two.” He snorted. “I’ll wait downstairs. Don’t keep me waiting, please.”
♠ ♠ ♠
IF YOU LOVE JAMES, CLICK HERE!!!!!

Thanks for the comments:
Princess;;
lollipop102
rmpquin


Comment and subscribe, please? :)

Oh. My. God. Seven stars? You guys rock! :D <3