Kidnapped

Eight

Eva had stayed in bed for a week before deciding she was relaxed enough. She slithered out of his embrace one morning, surprised to be awake before he was. He always woke before she did, always. She moved down to the kitchen and began fixing some breakfast, a smile on her face.

It was then she realized how easy it would be to escape. He was sleeping and all she would have to do is get Evie and she could leave. She could sneak out of the back door and go to the police, begging for their help. She could cry and get sympathy and he would go to jail. He would be out of her life for good.

The thought of him in jail sent feelings of despair through her body. Why did she hate him? Because he kidnapped her. But what had he kidnapped her from? A life of poverty and starvation. She was better here in his home where it seemed she could have anything she really wanted. She could raise Evie with a man standing as the father figure and an older sibling to guide her. What was there to run from?

She gave a tiny smile as she went back to being focused on her food. She looked up and saw Aiden, watching her with an unknown emotion in his eyes. She moved to him, taking his hands gently in her own.

“I…know you took me from my home without me wanting to…But I…I want to stay here with you. You’ve improved my life more than anyone else has.” She leaned forward and gave him a hug which was hard to do with her growing bump, which had gotten bigger. She then leaned up and gave him a gentle peck on the cheek. “Thank you.”

Aiden was more than a little surprised. She wanted to stay here? He…He didn’t have to kill her? He studied her closely, waiting for her to stab him or run. He waited for a good five minutes before smiling and hugging her closely.

“That is very good to hear, now we can start working on the baby’s room and getting you clothes that are your own, if you wish…” She had been wearing his sweats and big shirts. He didn’t see the point of getting her actual clothes because it seemed a waste of money. He didn’t pick up pregnant ladies that often. “Of course, I still can’t let you go out of the
house yet, so you’ll just have to order online…Okay?”

“Okay.” She agreed because it really was okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear readers,
It feels as though it has been awhile, has it?
I would like to apologize for this small chapter, I'm trying to decide what I want to do. I think I might have decided on something, maybe! =] I just don't know what i want to do to get there.
Also, I was thinking of a sequel but I want to know if you guys would be interested in it? The relationship would be with Evie and...Brendan when they're older ^^
Now, on to good news! I have 93 subscribers :D How awesome is that? That's almost a freaking hundred.
I'd like to thank the following who have commented recently/sicne the last time I did this =] Sorry if I've forgotten you:
Brinzel
jen123
Star Angel
XXBrokenXSmileXX
ClaudiaBiedles
lil_angel666
Yaribarr
XtremeFairy
breakdownthesewalls;
prickly vines
kiram
Pansy.licious
:D Enjooy!