Status: heartbeat.

The Stolen Kiss.

Six.

"Mommy, Papa!" Autumn cheered. Jolie awkwardly stood there as Autumn's family walked in. Jolie thought their family was beautiful. Not a single person was unattractive. They all had striking blue eyes, blonde hair, and pageant-winning smiles.
"Welcome, loves. Uhm, this is my new roommate, Jolie. We work together."
Jolie waved.
"Jolie, this is my mommy and papa, my brother, Chad, my older sister, Lucy, and my darling little sister, Jenny."
"Wow, well, it's all nice to meet you guys. I hope we have a wonderful holiday," Jolie attempted to be sweet and welcoming.

Autumn kissed her parents on the cheeks.
"I love you guys, have a safe trip!" Autumn told her family.
The door shut. Autumn turned around with a grin.
"So, what do you think of them?" Autumn asked.
"They're lovely, nicer than my family."
"Where is your family on Christmas Eve?" Autumn wondered.
"Uhm, we're not a close family."
Autumn and jolie sat down on the couch together.
"Do you have any brothers or sisters?"
"Yeah, Jade. She's sixteen."
"Interesting age." Autumn giggled. "But I'm surprised my brother didn't try to hit on you."
"What do you mean try? I got his number." Jolie winked.
"You didn't!" Autumn playfully slapped Jolie in the arm.
They laughed.
"Jolie, I thought you didn't like me when we first met."
"Girl, I loved you from the second I saw you. I just couldn't picture a girl like you working in
a place like that."
"Why?"
"You just seem like you have more coming for you. Better and bigger things. But anyway, thanks for
everything. I appreciate it. I owe you one."
"Oh, you don't owe me anything."
"Fuck I don't. One night you and I are going to party our asses off, and go hard."
Autumn laughed and thanked Jolie.