Status: keep or kill? :)

Pushing Daisies

Un

Acacia never understood why humans had funerals for their dead. All of the people hurt by the death had to stand around the corpse of their loved one for hours knowing that soon they would be in the ground, a worm buffet. Knowing that the soul that had once inhabited the body was gone forever and never coming back.

The morbid thoughts brought tears to her eyes, as she was one of the hurt sitting next to a casket that held her best friend since birth. The sad event went by slowly and her eyes kept flickering to the hunched figure next to her, a boy no older than herself sat there looking grief stricken.

Acacia chided herself lightly for thinking about boys at her sisters funeral. She could just imagine Daisy grinning at her mischievously and calling her shameless. She wasn't interested in the boys looks, or even why he was here, she just wanted to know who he was and why she had never met him.

Acacia was drawn away from looking at the boy by her mother, Wisteria as she began Daisy's Eulogy.

She listened intently as her mother poured her heart out in front of the mass of mourners that stared at her with empathy.Acacia promised herself then that she wouldn't allow them to see her fall apart up there; she didn't want there pity.

Soon Wisteria finished and it was Acacia's turn to speak. She walked through the pews and stopped in front of Daisy's casket. It was chilling to know what it would look like if it was her in that casket instead of her twin.

she cleared her throat lightly before she began, "Everyone always asked me how two people that looked so similar could have turned out so very different, and to be honest I never really had a good answer for it."

She paused momentarily and closed her eyes, "I see now that we really weren't all that different, we both loved the color green, and the smell of lavender. We liked the same music and clothes. Daisy wasn't just my twin sister, she was my best friend. She was my whole world," Her voice trembled as she reminisced and tried to swallow the lump that that formed in her throat.

Acacia looked down fiddling with her fingers to hide the hot rivulets that ran down her cheeks. She refused to let them see her while she looked so vulnerable.She scurried back to the pew she had been sitting in, roughly wiping at her tear stained cheeks.

When the horrible event ended everyone shuffled out of the church and towards Wisteria and Paul, her husband to give their condolences. They gripped each other tightly, one of the few moments in the last three months when they actually looked like they loved each other.

Image


When Acacia and her family returned to their home which Acacia noted was really just a shell of the vibrant home it once was.

She trudged up the stairs and into her room, not a word spoken to her grieving parents; there was nothing for her to say. She sat down at her desk mechanically and opened to a fresh page in one of her many writing journals hoping to escape reality.

it didn't work.

Every time she would get close to writing anything the reality of her situation hit her like a mac truck doing eighty.

Her twin sister was dead.

Her twin sister had committed suicide.

Her twin sister was never coming back.
♠ ♠ ♠
ehhh I don't know how I feel about this so far :/
But feedback would be wonderful! :]
Comment&Subscribe please!