If You Loved Me

One/Three

Samantha Green was the only girl who could deal with Brian Haner Jr. She took care of him, treated him well and always let him know she loved him.

Brian Haner Jr was the exact opposite. After the passing of his dear friend and drummer, Jimmy Sullivan, he became an alcoholic. He wasn't abusive but he took advantage of Sam. He only called her when his needs needed to be filled.

Brian constantly started fights with her, over stupid shit. He would leave, slamming the door and coming back home later completely hammered, asking for one thing and one thing only.

Sam sat up all night, waiting for Brian to come home. It was already about three in the morning. And even though Brian was a grown man, she knew that he had his stupid nights where he would get arrested for being drunk in public or flashing random people. So it was only her instinct to stay awake and wait up for him, to make sure he was alright.

Brian stumbled in the doorway, catching himself before slamming into the wall. "Hey Sam." He said, with a goofy smile on his face.

"Where have you been?" She asked as she looked down at the floor.

"Out." He walked passed the couch and sat next to her, leaning in beside her. "What's wrong?" Sam was revolted by the smell of alcohol, cologne and Marlboro on his breath. When they first started going out, his scent was intoxicating. Now, it was just disgusting.

"I'm getting tired of waiting around for you. You don't even care." She told him hatefully.

"You know I love you, Sam." He slurred.

She scoffed slightly. "If you loved me, you'd be here with me. Not out drinking yourself to death and hooking up with random girls." She spat at him.

"Whatever. Why do always have to make everything about you?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

"About me? Are you serious? Everything is about you, Brian. Everything!" Sam said rather loudly. "Ever since Jimmy died nothing seems to be good enough for you." She said bitterly.

"Don't drag him into this. It has nothing to do with him." He said quietly, starting to get aggravated.

Sam shook her head lightly, holding back her tears. She stood from the couch and walked upstairs. "I guess I'm sleeping on the couch again?" He yelled from the couch.

"No, you could go call one of your whores!" She yelled, slamming the bedroom door.

"Fine! Don't expect me to come back!" And with that, the front door slammed and Brian was in his car.

Sam sat in bed and cried, letting her tears hit his pillow. She hated how Brian had turned out. He was so genuine when they first started dating. Always sweet and put her first above everyone. "Do you still love me, Pinkly?" Sam asked to small Maltese dog as she curled into a ball next to her. Pinkly looked up at her, and looked her face a few times. Sam smiled a little before petting her.

Meanwhile, with Brian. He pulled into the bar parking lot, noticing Zacky's BMW. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw it.

"Brian, you were just here. Why are you back?" Zacky asked as Brian ordered another shot of Jack.

Brian stayed quiet, taking the shot in one quick gulp. "Me and Sam got into a fight." He said,

"Again? When are you guys not fighting?" Zacky joked, trying to lightened the mood.

Brian looked at him before ordering another beer for himself. "I'm so fucking tired of her shit. She just nags and nags and nags about everything. It's so fucking annoying. Accusing me of cheating and shit." He said with a scoff.

"You do cheat on her. Almost every night. Then you go crawling back to her." Zacky reminded him.

"Whose fucking side are you on?" Brian asked before taking a drink of his beer.

"No ones. But if your dumbass doesn't fix things with Sam then you are going to lose her." He told him, finishing off his beer. "Sam helped you get back on your feet after we lost Jimmy, and you're just pushing her away now. And she's not one for taking someones shit." Zacky said, patting his shoulder lightly.

Sam had finally fallen asleep with Pinkly by her side. Brian walked through the door, dropping his keys on the floor as he walked in.

Pinkly barked a little, jumping out of bed and running downstairs. "Hey baby girl," Brian cooed, bending over and petting the small dog. Pinkly wagged her tail and stayed by his side. "Where's your mama, huh?" He asked Pinkly. She ran around his legs before running back upstairs and into the master bedroom. Brian peeked his head through the door, seeing Sam asleep, cuddling his pillow. He felt guilty for taking her granted but then he didn't most of the time because the alcohol pushed away the guilt.

"Sam." He said softly, sitting on the bed beside her.

Her eyes fluttered open when she noticed someone was watching her. Her blue eyes met Brian's and felt that love that she had for him in the beginning but it was taking away when she realized how incredibly pissed she was at him. "What do you want?" She said coldly, stuffing her face back into her pillow.

He sighed lightly. "I just want to talk."

"Well, I don't want to talk to you until you're sober." She spat at him.

"I can't make up my mind, Sam. I'm tired of this shit. You are always on my case, accusing me of shit I haven't even done. But I still love you." He admitted.

"I know you cheat on me, Brian. I've seen those text messages to Rachael and Courtney." She said, feeling more disgusted with him.

"You went through my fucking phone?" He asked, angrily.

"You can't play the victim this time." Sam said in a bitter tone.

"What the fuck does that mean?" He asked, letting the anger get the best of him.

"I'm done with this Brian. I love you, I really do but I can't take all this shit you are putting me through."

Brian quickly sobered up when he heard those words come out of her mouth. "You don't mean that." He said quietly, looking in her blue eyes.

Sam looked into his chocolate orbs, not feeling the feelings that she had once felt. Her love that was so strong for him had vanished after being ignored by him for so long. "Don't leave me, Samantha." He pleaded.

"You only want it cause it's over." Sam said, looking beside the bed. All his clothes were in that dresser.

"I love you Sam, don't do this. Please." He pleaded again, moving in closer to her.

Sam backed away from him as he stepped closer, her arms crossed over her chest. She stared at the floor. "Don't lie to me, just get your things. I've made up your mind." She told him.

Brian stood there for another couple of minutes before realizing she was dead serious. He let out a sigh and got a suitcase, stuffing all he could in it. He looked back at Sam one more time before leaving the room and going downstairs.

Sam felt her heart slowly breaking as she watched him walk down those stairs. She was losing the one guy that she loved with all her heart. But it wasn't about love. It was about making Brian realize that he let himself go when he lost his best friend. Jimmy would have never wanted Brian to become an alcoholic. Sam was just hoping that he would soon realize that's why she did this. Not for her, for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Number of words: 1302

Leave me your thoughts. I'd love to hear them.
There is two other one shots that will be related to this.