Status: Still Working On It

Memorial

15

“Oli, what’s se’ doin’ in our apartment, in yer clothes?” Amanda hissed. She stood in the entrance way, her hands balled up at her sides and her face turning a slight red.

“S’ nothin’ Manda.” Oli said jumping up from his seat. “I ran in to ‘er when I were out today an’ se’ were a reck.” He tried to explain. “Se’ need a mate.”

“So yeh descided to be the good guy fer ‘er?” Her voice shook with so much anger I started to curl up on the couch. “Yeh never would ‘ave done somethin’ like that fer meh!” He tensed up for a moment, his mouth dropping slightly. “Wha’ is se’ to yeh Oliver?” He stood there silently, her face grew hotter. “Wha’ the fuck is se’ to yeh?” She screamed.

Oli sighed and walked over to her. “Calm down, Amanda.” He said surprisingly calm.

“NO!” She screamed. “No, I will not calm down. Not till yeh tell wy’ the ‘ell yer doin’ this to meh!” Tears started to build up in my eyes and I pulled my knees to my chest.

“Amanda,” Oli reached out to grab her hand but she quickly drew away from him. He frowned and made for her again, taking hold of her arm. “Let’s talk in the room.” He said calmly.

“Why?” She hissed jerking her arm from his grasp. “Why can’t we talk right ‘ere? Yeh afraid to make a scene in front of yer slag, Oli?”

His eyes hardened, “No, this ‘as nothin’ to do with ‘er.” He growled. “This is between yeh an’ meh. Not ‘er.” He moved aside, “I want us to talk in private.”

She glared up at him a moment before storming off into their room. He quickly followed her not even glancing at me. I flinched at the sound of their door slamming shut. I tried to keep my attention on the TV. Worry clawed at my insides as they were silently talking in the room still. I rocked myself slightly not knowing what to think.

“What did I ever fuckin’ do to yeh, Oliver?!” Amanda’s voice snapped the silence. I slowly rose from my seat, unable to stop myself. I slowly made my way from the living room to the hall way leading to their bed room where I stood at the end of, trying to listen.

“Ever since yeh saw ‘er yeh’ve been treatin’ meh like I’m nothin’ to yeh Oliver.” Amanda sounded like she was in tears.

“That’s not true.” Oliver said defensively. “I mean for fucks sakes Manda. I couldn’t ‘ave been with yeh fer two years if yeh meant nothin’.” I looked down at my feet, he still loved her. I was so stupid to even try.

“I just don’t mean as much as that slag, that’s it isn’t?” She asked angrily. “What makes ‘er so damn special to yeh?”

“Se’s not a fuckin’ slag!” He barked.

“Then what would yeh ‘ave me call ‘er?” Oli didn’t respond. “Se’s takin’ yeh from meh. Se can see that we’re ‘avin’ a bit of trouble an’ se’s usin’ that. I mean we love each other an’ we were ‘appy, what ‘appened?”

“Manda, stop.” I heard him mumbled.

“Why?” She purred. My stomach churned but I couldn’t make myself move so I didn’t have to hear.

“I want us to talk.” He said, his feet shuffling. He sighed heavily, “We’re not ‘appy, Manda.” I thought I heard him say. “We ‘aven’t been for a while.” My heart picked up a bit; I had to listen harder to hear what he said next over the sound of it. “I think we need to take a break, so I can think.”

“Y-yeh want to break up?” Her voice cracked slightly.

“I think we just need to ‘ave a bit of time apart.”

“S’ cause of ‘er ain’t it?”
“Amanda, quit fuckin’ blamin’ ‘er fer this. This ‘asn’t a bloody fuckin’ thin’ to do with ‘er.” He snapped. “Ave yeh ever thought that maybe ‘m just not ‘appy with yeh anymore?”

“M’ not fuckin’ stupid Oliver!” She shouted. “I can see the way yeh look at ‘er. An’ the way yeh act when se’ there, like yeh care ‘bout nothin’ but ‘er.” She started to cry harder. “I know that yeh always thin’ ‘bout ‘er. That’s all yeh an’ all yeh fuckin’ mates talk ‘bout is ‘er! An’ I know yeh ‘ave pictures of ‘er stashed in yer desk at work, I’ve fuckin’ seen them! Don’t tell meh it has nothin’ to do with ‘er, cause I know it does.”

A door slammed in their bedroom and tears lined my eyes as I leaned against the wall. He had pictures of me? Still, after all this time?

“Fuck yeh!” Amanda shouted. The door to their room was torn open and Amanda stepped out angrily. “Yeh,” She hissed. I straightened up quickly, my hands twisting the fabric of Oli’s t-shirt. “This is all yer fault!” She made her way to me, tears streaming her beautiful face. Her hand came up and she slapped me hard.

My face turned from the blown, making me take a step back. My eyes watered again, my cheek feeling hot as it stung. I reached my hand up to it to cover the skin. She shoved me hard and I fell back onto my ass.

“Fuckin’ worthless slag!” She shouted sending a kick my way. I reached my hands out to stop her leg, wrapping my fingers around her ankle and tugging as hard as I could. She fell to the ground, landing hard on her ass. The purse that she had over her shoulder fell to the ground and the contents scattered the floor. She glared at me and moved so that she pounced at me. She sent hits my way, aiming for my face and chest. I screamed covering my head for protection. “I ‘ate yeh! Yeh worthless an’ a whore!” She shouted pulling at my hair to try and get my face.

“AMANDA!” Oliver shouted. I heard his feet hit the wood floors as he ran towards us. He grabbed a hold of her ripping her away from me. She struggled in his arms trying to get back to me to hurt me a bit more. Tears fell like a flood from my eyes; my chest rising and falling like I’d ran a mile.

“Let meh go!” Amanda shouted sound like she was about to cry herself.

Oli quickly did what she asked, pushing her from his way and rushing to me reaching out to pull me into his chest. I pushed him away starting to sob harder, curling up into a ball and hugging my arms to my chest, pressing myself against the wall.

“Payton.” His voice was so soft. He brushed his hand on my back making me flinch. “Pay, m’ not goin’ to ‘urt yeh love.” He whisper grabbing my arm gently and pulling me into his arms again. I clung to the front of his shirt balling into his chest soaking his shirt. He shushed me petting my hair and rubbing my back under my shirt, while he tried to calm me. “S’ alright, m’ ‘ere.” He whispered. “M’ goin’ keep yeh safe.” I pulled myself up to his chest more.

“It is ‘er.” Amanda’s voice made my body start to shake again.

Oli looked up at her and glared with such hate. “Get out of ‘ere.” He spat. She stood were she was not moving. Her crystal eyes never moving from me. Oli pulled away from me and stood up, “Get out!” He said more threatening. “I don’ ever want to see yeh ‘ere again. Yeh can get yer shit when m’ not ‘ome.”

She looked up at him shocked. “Wha?”

“LEAVE! GET THE FUCK OUTTA ‘ERE!” He shouted.

She jumped before grabbing for her fallen bag and things tossing them sloppily into it, before rushing toward the front door, leaving and slamming the door behind her. Oliver sighed and picking me up, cradling me to his chest and carrying me to the bedroom. He tried to lay me on the bed but I wrapped my arms around his neck and clung to him.

“Pay,” He whispered softly moving so he was looking at my face. His eyes filled with so much sorrow. “S’ o’reight.” He mumbled, softly prying me from him. He held my hands in his when he finally was able to place me on his mattress. “Lay down Pay,” He said softly after a moment. I shook my head roughly. “Payton, please?” He mumbled, lifting his hand to my cheek. I shook my head again, causing him to sigh. He picked me up and lifted the covers and placing me beneath them and crawling in beside me.

“I’m here for you Payton.” He whispered holding me to his chest. My fist grabbed a hold of his shirt and I started to sob uncontrollably into his chest. He shushed me softly rubbing my back and kissing the top of my head. “No one’s going to hurt yeh Payton.” He whispered. “Not while I’m around.” He said as I blacked out.

†††


“Vegan, I’ll be there, calm the fuck down mate!” I heard Oli hiss as I came around. I was still in his arms my head resting on his shoulder, his arm wrapped tightly around my waist, keeping me against his side. “Look just have the guys set everythin’ up an’ I’ll be there with in the ‘our.” He sighed. “Alright, bye.”

I shifted slightly looking up to see him hang up his phone. He looked over at me quickly and smiled. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake yeh.” He said softly before kissing my forehead. I stayed silent and just looked up at his beautiful face; my eyes drinking in his prefect features and getting lost in his beautiful hazel eyes. Sighing I turned myself more onto my side, burring my face in his neck and draping my arm over his chest, tangling my legs with his. He turned onto his side and wrapped his other arm around my waist keeping me tightly against his chest. “Yeh, alright, Pay?”

I didn’t respond I just twisted my arms loosely around his neck, my lips reaching out and ever so lightly touching his neck. His body stiffened for a moment, “Payton?” His voice sounded confused. I pressed my lips to his throat again, over and over; going from below his ear to the base of his neck. He shivered moving one of his hands up the shirt I was wearing, along my spine. My heart started to flutter quickly in my chest making me feel like I was being lifted onto a high. I grazed my teeth along his neck, sucking and scraping making him groan as I went.

Oli rolled us over so that he was above me attaching his lips to mine. One of his hands held his weight off of me and the other moved slowly up the shirt that covered my chest. I shivered at the touch of his skin against mine. My hands moving and tangling in his hair, as our tongues met and began to fight for dominance. His fingers lightly glided over my side, touching my ribs.

A moan escaped my lips into his mouth as his hand grabbed a hold of my breast. He started to massage my chest, our kiss getting heavier. My leg hitched itself on his side, pulling myself up against his body. I could feel his member get harder through his pants as we continued to kiss.

I tangled my fingers in his hair and slipped my tongue into his mouth. Our tongues began to fight for dominance and I won, allowing me to take in every detail of his mouth. When I slid my tongue from his mouth, he took that chance to bite down on my lip hard. I groaned thrust my hips up into his and making him moan out.

He pulled away from me, pushing himself up so he was on his knees over me. He ran his hand through his messy hair breathing heavily. He looked down at me with such lust filled eyes. I eyed him as I propped myself up on my elbows, my breathing a bit quickened too. My heart was racing wildly.

He reached down and brushed his thumb along my lower lip. “I’m sorry, love.” He whispered after a moment. I looked at him confused, unsure what he meant. “I bit down to hard. I made you lip bleed.”

I slowly reached up one of my hands and touched my bottom lip. A warm liquid go on my fingers and I looked at it. It was a little blood. I sighed and lay back onto my back, licking up the blood from my lip.

Oli sighed and moved off from above me and climbed off of the bed. I watched him as he walked around the room and into the bedroom door. I sat up quickly when he stepped from the room. He saw me from the corner of his eye. He turned to look at me. “I’ll be back in a moment, love. I ‘ave to get yeh yer clothes so you can get dressed.”

I gulped and nodded slowly relaxing slightly. He turned back and head back into the other part of his apartments. A few moments later he was back with my dry clothes. He handed them to me, “Ere yeh go.” He said.

“Thank you.” I whispered slowly stand up from the bed. I walked into the bathroom. I quickly stripped off the clothes Oli had let me borrow and changed back in to my own clothes. I mentally cursed myself once I was dressed again. If the cuts on my legs were down just a little bit more anyone could have seen them.

I sighed and picked up the clothes Oli had let me borrow and I folded them nicely, placing them on the bathroom counter. I stepped back into the bedroom to see it was empty. I hugged myself nervously and went in search of Oli. I found him in the kitchen, sipping from a water bottle.

I cleared my throat, standing in the door way. He looked over at me, smiling softly when he saw me standing there. He walked over to my wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me into his chest. “Yeh look beautiful.” He mumbled into my hair, before kissing my forehead.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and laid my head on his shoulder. We just stood there and held each other. It felt so amazing to be close to him like this again. His sent filled my nose making my head spin and the feel of his arms around me lifted me up.

“We ‘ave to get goin’ Pay.” He said softly. “Do yeh wanna stop at yer place to get somethin’ before we go to the show?”

I shrugged and pulled away from him hesitantly. “Sure.”

He kissed my forehead, before walking into another room and coming back a moment later with his car keys in his hand. He held out his hand for me and I grabbed it getting close to his side. We walked out of his apartment and quietly walked to the elevator. Oli pushed the button with our knuckles, dropping them back to the small space between us. His thumb started to trace a circle on the back of my hand as we waited.

We didn’t have to wait too long for the doors to open; there was an elderly couple already in the elevator when we stepped in. The women smiled at us, squeezing her husband hand. I tried to sum up a smile for her as Oli pulled me to the back of the elevator.

“Wha’ floor son?” the man asked

“Parking.” Oli said pulling me into his side, his arm wrapping around my waist and his hand resting on my mid back.

“This yer girl Oli?” The women asked as her husband reached out and pressed the button for the garage I’m guessing.

I looked up at him curious to what he would say. “I want ‘er to be.” He said looking down and smiling at me softly. “But I ‘aven’t asked ‘er yet.” He moved his hand, brushing my hair out of my face and pecking my lips softly.

“What ‘appened to the other one?” The man asked. I flinched slightly, shying a bit away from Oli against the wall.

“Allan!” His wife hissed hitting his arm.

“Wha?” He asked looking down at her.

Oli sighed. “We broke up, mate.” His arm tightened around me a bit.

The elderly man’s face gave a weird look that was more joy than sadness. While his wife gave him a look and turned back to Oli. “I’m sorry to ‘ear that dear.”

“Don’t be Becca.” He said gently. “It wasn’t meant to be with ‘er.” He looked down at me, his eyes filling with something I couldn’t describe.

“Se’s very beautiful, dear.” She looked at me. “Wha’s yer name dear?”

“Payton.” I said softly, giving her a small smile.

She smiled. “Beautiful.” I blushed and buried my head into Oli’s shoulder. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around me. The elevator dinged and the doors opened. “Yeh still gonna come ova for dinna next week?” The women asked.

“Of course, Becca.” He smiled.

“Splendid.” The women said. “We’ll it was nice to meet yeh, dear.”

“You too.” I said waving to her gently. The stepped out of the elevator and the doors closed leaving me and Oli alone. He pressed my body closer to his, rubbing my back gently. We stood quietly as the doors closed. It was a calm silence.

When we got down to the garage and got into Oli’s car.

“Where are we going?” I asked as Oli started up the car.

He turned down the volume of the speakers, turning to look at me. “Yer place then the show.” He started to back up out of his parking space.

“Like the ones you used to play when we were dating?” My fingers started fiddling with my seat belt.

He shifted the car into drive. “Kind of.” He said pressing on the gas. “There are going to be more people then there were at those.” He kept his eyes on the road as he pulled on to the street. I reached my hand over and grabbed his that was resting lazily on the bottom of the steering wheel. Our fingers weaved together and rested between us.

When we pulled up to stop light, Oli lifted our hands and kissed mine. I sighed softly relaxing back into my seat. When the light turned green I told Oli my address and he drove us there. Once he pulled up to the house he parked out front.

“Yeh want me to wait out ‘ere?” He asked, I shook my head and he nodded turning off the car. We both got out and walked up to the house, stepping right now. Taylor’s car wasn’t out in the driveway, and neither of the Twins was there when we stepped in.

Oli waited on the couch as I walked into my room and grabbed an outfit from my closet. I quickly walked into my bathroom and stripped down to my bra and underwear. I grabbed some things from my medicine cabinet and bandaged up my leg as good as I could for right now before I pulled on my new clothes and applied a bit of make up on before walking back out to meet Oli. “Ready.” I said when I was at his side, slipping a bit of money into my pocket.

He looked down at me and smiled. “Right.” He grabbed my hand, weaving our fingers together and led the way out of my house. Once we were in the car, Oli immediately set off for the show. It took us about 15 minutes to drive there.

The place was packed already and there was still a huge line outside of people who wanted to get in. “Wow…”

Oli chuckled. “There’s a bit of a bigger fan base since yeh were at one of my shows.” He said as he turned off his car.

“No kidding.” I said softly as I unfastened my seat belt and followed him out of the car. He held out his hand for me which I gladly took before following him towards the crowded building. When people in the crowd caught sight of him they erupted with shouts. Oli simply smiled at them and waved continuing towards the side of the building where a few buses were parked and a side down was open.

“ ‘Old, up!” The security at the door said stopping Oli before he could walk into the building. “The concert entrance is in the front Mate.” He motioned to the other side of the building.

“Aye, I know that, but I’m in one of the bands that’s performing.” He said matter of factly. “I need to get in this way.”

“Ooh, are yeh now?” He asked looking unconvinced of that. “What band are yeh apart of?”

Oli sighed heavily and looked over the security’s shoulder into the building. “OI!!!” He called. “Josh! Come ‘ere!”

“OLI!” A scruffy face man came running out of the building shoving the security man out of the door way and towards me. I pulled my hand from Oli’s to push him away from me but ended up somehow knocking myself to the ground.

“Gah, yer a damn Twat Josh!” Oli chuckled as he tried to pull away from the guy he called Josh. When he was finally able to pull away from him, Oli came to my side. “Yeh alright, love?” I nodded wiping the dirt off my hand and showing a light scrape from the gravel. Oli bent his head down and kissed it. “I’m sorry love.”

“It’s alright.” I said softly, “It was an accident.”

He grabbed my uninjured hand and turned to his friend Josh. “Oi, Josh, Help meh out and get us in so I can do meh sound check.”

Josh turned to the man at the door, who was now glaring at him. “Oi, Mate, This bloke’s in Bring Meh The ‘Orizon! ‘E ‘as to get in the buildin’.”

“Olreight!” He said ushering us in angrily. “Get in an’ leave meh be!”

Oli flipped him the bird and followed Josh into the building, keeping me tight at his side.

“Wo’s this lovely creature?” Josh asked looking at me from Oli’s other side.

Oli shot him a warning look and tightened his arm around my shoulders. “Her name’s Payton an’ se’s off limits Franceschi.”

He laughed. “Oi, it was just a question Sykes.” He said walking forward a bit and turning so he was walking in front of us backwards. “No, need to get yeh panties in a twist.” He held his hands up in surrender. “I aint gonna try an’ nab yer bird.”

Oli rolled his eyes and dropped his arm from my shoulders, shoving his hands in his pockets. “Sod off.”

Josh chuckled. “I’ll see yeh in a bit, Oli. I’m playing hide an’ go seek with Dan.” Oli nodded and he turned sprinting off.

Oli sighed heavily and picked up his pace a bit, I wrapped my arms around myself keeping right on his heels. He walked up to a door at the end of the hall and opened the door, not bothering to knock.

“HOLY HELL OLIVER!” Jona’s voice called when we walked in. “Yeh nearly gave us all an anxiety attack!”

“Sorry.” He said simply walking over to the side of the room where a mini fridge was placed. I opened it and pulled out a beer. “Lost track of time.” He opened the beer as he walked across the room to the couch and plopped down.

“Payton?” I turned to see Taylor sitting on Matty’s lap. “What are yeh doin’ ‘ere?” Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and turned to look at me.

“Oh…um, Oli saw me outside and invited me to the show.” I lied playing with my necklace.

“Wat were yeh doin’ outside ‘ere?” Matty asked confused.

I shrugged. “Just taking a walk around town,” I started thinking of a better story to back that up. “No one was home when I got there and I didn’t want to be alone so I just started walking and then Oli saw me.”

Taylor frowned and got up from Matty’s lap. “I’m sorry, Mate.” She said wrapping her arms around my waist and hugging me tightly. I patted her on the back softly. “I’m really, really sorry.” She said again into my ear.

“Its fine, Taylor.” I said rubbing her back a bit before pulling away. “Stuff happens for a reason, I guess.”

“PAYTON!” I heard my name being called and I turned to see Matt Godfrey smiling brightly.

I smiled softly. “Hey, Goffa.” He rushed over to me and picked me up, crushing me in his arms and spinning me around. When he set me down on the ground he quickly pecked me on the cheek.

“Ow’ are yeh doing love bird?” He asked keeping his arm tightly around my shoulders. I could feel Oli’s heated stare at us.

“Alright.” I said forcing a smile. “And you?”

He smiled. “A million times better, now that ‘m seein’ yer gorgeous face!” I actually smiled at his comment and rolled my eyes at how much off a kiss ass he was being. “Yeh ‘aven’t answered meh texts all day.” He then frowned.

“I’m sorry.” I hugged him. “I haven’t had my phone on me all day.”

“Wy’?!”

“Been a bit busy.”

“Come on Oli, let’s go do you sound check before the show starts!” Jona said grabbing hold of Oli’s arm and dragging him out of the room. Oli went to argue but the others started to follow after them. I turned away from Godfrey and saw Taylor and the Twins sitting on the couch.

“Where did yeh get these clothes?” Taylor asked surprised at my outfit after finally looking me over.

I shrugged and looked down at myself. “They’re just something I’ve had in my closet.” I said rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. “Where’s Tommy?”

Taylor shrugged sipping on her beer.

“I think he might be selling merch at the tent.” Delilah signed, looking at me curiously.

“I’m going to go find him and say hi.” I said turning and leaving the room quickly. It had felt so awkward in there for me. I could tell they all felt bad for me, that I hadn’t done perfect on my audition like they had expected. But I didn’t want to talk about it. Or have them feel sorry for me.

I wonder about the halls passing band members every so often but getting lost as well. But that didn’t matter. I just used that going to see Tom thing as an excuse to leave, so I wouldn’t be questioned.

A door swung opened in front of me and I saw that it lead to a bathroom. I quickly slipped in as another person left. I walked up to the mirror and looked at myself. I was so tired and I felt very much out of place. I ran a hand through my hair and slid down the wall so I was sitting on the ground.

“What am I doing here?” I whispered to myself, curling up into a ball. Tears flooded my eyes. What had happened to me? I was strong before this, but now I was crumbling as was my life.

“Pay?” I looked up to see Tom standing in the door way. His light brown hair was a mess and he looked stressed out.

I wiped my eyes and started to help myself up. “Hey, Tom.” When I spoke it hurt as the words seemed to be forced out. My throat had gone tight. “I was just looking for you.”

“In the Loo?” He asked confused walking towards me.

I shook my head slightly embarrassed. “I got lost.”

He smiled half heartily, amused, before pulling me into a huge hug. “You had me worried to fucking death Payton.” He said into my hair, squeezing me ever so tightly. “Don’t ever run off like that again.”

“I won’t.” I said.

“Good.” He mumbled. If there was anything I need not worry about anymore. It was Tom, he’s always going to try to protect me from myself. I squeezed him tightly and just stood there. I didn’t feel the need to go anywhere, nor did I know where to go. I just stood fixed still. Unable to find anything else to say or do.

Something started to vibrate which cause me and Tom to split reluctantly. Tom sighed and pulled out his cell phone from his sweater pocket. I slid his finger across the screen and put it to his ear. “Whatcha need Ol?” He asked softly, turning to stare at the wall rather than me as he talked to his brother. “uh, huh….alright.” He sighed heavily. “I know, I’ll be there in a minute.” He then hung up and turned to me. “The shows about to start.” He grabbed my hand and began to drag me out of the loo and down the hall. “We better go, before everyone throws a bitch fit.”

I nodded and followed, not saying a word.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oli
Payton