Status: Still Working On It

Memorial

17

"Oli..." I heard my name being whispered in my ear softly. "Wake up." I reached up rubbing my eyes and blinking a few times, turning my head to see Payton in the driver seat. "We're back." She said smiling softly.

I looked at her confused for a moment taking in my surroundings, I had fallen asleep in the car on the way back to Sheffield. "Brilliant." I yawned, looking out the window to see we were parked in the drive-way. "M' exhausted." I grumbled unbuckling my seat belt. She nodded her head in agreement. "Let's go to bed."

We both climbed out of the car, and she locked it after we had closed the doors. I walked over to her grabbing her free hand, as we walked up to her front door. She shivered beside me and I wrapped my arms around her, waddling behind her. She giggled, shaking her head as we reached the front door. Once she unlocked the door, we stepped in and I immediately closed the door behind me, locking it once again.

I let go of her and kicked off my shoes before heading to her room. It was much warmer in the house then it was outside. Right away I had to take off my coat, to avoid sweating. She sighed heavily, bending down to take off her heals. I leaned against the door frame, looking at her back side as she took off her tights as well.

"I love the view." I mumbled. She looked over at me, her cheeks blushing as she stood up. I chuckled and walked over to her kissing her cheek. I sat on the side of her bed and watched her as she started looking through her dresser. She grabbed a few items of clothing, before turning and handing them to me.

"Here, go change." She mumbled. I thanked her, giving her a soft kiss before walking into her bathroom and changing out of my own clothes and into what she had given me; which was a pair of gym shorts and a shirt. I put on the gym shorts but just left the shirt on the counter.

When I was done I stepped out, with my own clothes in my hands. Payton had changed as well, now in her bed, a book propped in her hands. "Where might I put these?" I asked.

She looked up at me quickly, before her eyes returned to the book. "Anywhere." She shrugged. "I'll wash them for you in the morning." I took my phone out of my pocket, before dropping them on the floor. I placed my phone on the side tabled and climbed into the bed, scooting closer to her, wrapping both my arms around her.

"Aren't yeh tired?" I mumbled as I pulled her against my chest. She just shrugged, continuing to read, quietly. "Wha' are yeh reading?" I asked looking over her shoulder.

"Poe." She mumbled.

"Any good?" She nodded still not speaking. "Oh." I sighed. I unwrapped one of my arms from her and laid on my back, sighing heavily. "Pay, 'M tired." I grumbled.

"Go to sleep.:" She said softly, turning the page in her book.

"But yer not goin' to sleep yet." I whined, wrapping my arm around her again, kissing her shoulder.

She sighed softly, closing her book. "I'm not going anywhere you know." She said reaching over to place her book on the night stand and turning off the light. She pulled the blanket closer to her, and up to her chin. She closed her eyes, without another word.

I frowned, tightening my arms around her. "Are yeh mad at meh?" I asked softly.

She turned and looked over her shoulder at me. "Why are you asking that?" She mumbled. I shrugged loosing my arms from her. I was really fighting to stay up now, but I felt scared that I might be doing something wrong all of a sudden in my gut. She shook her head, grabbing my hands and lacing her fingers with mine. "Lets go to bed." She whispered, pecking my lips softly.

I pulled her tightly against my chest a bit more, tangling my legs with hers, kissing her neck. "I love you, Payton." I whispered before falling asleep.

†††


The sound of my phone going off, woke me up a few hours later. 'why the bloody fuck does everyone call me while I'm sleeping?' Removing my arms from Payton, I rolled over on the bed sitting up and grabbed my ringing phone. Pressing the talk icon on the screen.

"Lo?" I grumbled, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Ol, where the bloody 'ell are yeh?" Tom's voice spoke through the phone speaker. "Fuck, that. It's not important." I heard Lee call from the back ground. "The fuck it isn't!" Tom growled at him. "Wha' if 'e already's seen an' is on a murder rampage?" He wasn't making any sense.

"Tom, wha' the 'ell are yeh called for?" I mumbled.

"Tell meh where yeh are." He demanded.

I sighed looking over my shoulder, seeing Payton's still sleeping body. "M' with Payton."

"'Ave yeh been to the office?" He asked.

"No." He sighed. "Why?"

"Se' was 'ere. Oli." He said, his words started to speed up after he said that. "Everything is so fuck. There isn't anything that she didn't get too. Dude I'm soo sorry. I just I don't think there's anything left."

"Tommy, slow the hell down!" I sighed standing up and walking over to window. "Wha' are yeh talkin' about?"

He sighed heavily, "The office buildin'...it's...se' destroyed it." He finally said.

My heart dropped and I felt myself fill with fear, "Wha' do yeh mean 'destroyed'?"

"It looks like a torando came through an' hit everythin', Oliver." He said, sounding upset himself. "Se' really fucked yeh over, Oliver."

"I'll be there soon." I said not wanting to hear anymore. I hung up without another word and walked over to where I had dropped my clothes. Picking them up and starting to change.

"What happened?" Payton asked sitting up in her bed. She looked so cute when she woke up. "Is everything ok?"

"Somethin' 'appened at the office." I mumbled, buttoning my pants. Grabbing my phone I sent Matt a text asking him where he was and if he could meet me at the office if he wasn't already there. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Payton looking me over and biting her lip. Any other time would have been great for her to be admiring me like that but now, I was to worried to act on anything. "I don't know anything else." I pulled my shirt over my head. I grabbed my coat, checking the pockets for my keys. "Where are my keys?"

She climbed out of bed and grabbed her purse, pulling out my keys. She held them out for me, I took them putting them in my front pocket, pulling on my coat.

I watched her cross her arms over her stomach. "Do you want me to come with?"

I shook my head. "No, just go back to bed." I mumbled, looking down at my phone to see if Matt had texted me back, but he hadn't. I slid my phone in my pocket, looking back at her. She looked at little disappointed. "I know yeh didn't get enough sleep love."

She nodded looking down. I took her face between my hands and tilted her head back so she would look at me. The disappointment in her beautiful eyes almost made me want to ask her to come with me. Almost. But I didn't know anything and if it was bad, I really didn't want her to be there to see my reaction. I bent down and kissed her softly, getting a warm feeling in my stomach, that I hoped would help me deal with whatever had happened at the office. "I'll text yeh when I know wha's 'appened." I said gently when I pulled away.

"Ok." She mumbled. I pulled back from her and quickly left the room. Things were racing through my head as I slammed the front door behind me and I jogged to my car. I slid inside and quickly turned it on, pulling out of the drive way as fast as I possibly could and racing to the Office building.

It took me about 15 minutes to get there and I jumped out of my car as soon as I could. I ran inside and quickly saw what Tom was talking about when he had called not long ago. My mouth dropped slightly as my eyes meet the walls. They were covered in spray paint. As I continued down the halls towards my office I could see all the damages that had been done. My stomach wrench as I continued down the halls. It just seemed to get worse.

When I reached my office, my door was spray painted as well. I saw the word 'PRICK' litered upon it. I gulped, slowly reaching out to open the door as my heart beat against my rib cage it. When the door was finally opened I regretted even wanting to look. It was completely torn apart; the desk was turned over and the walls had graffiti on them as well, the trash can even looked like it had, had a fire set in it. It was destroyed.

My anger boiled inside me as I stepped inside the room. I walked over to my desk, stepping on order forms that had been thrown on the ground along with papers that I had written jibberish on.

"Oli?" I looked over my shoulder at him to see my brother standing there looking as upset as I felt.

"Wha' 'appened?" I mumbled, shocked.

"Amanda." He said walking in the room. "Tha's the only person I could think of tha' would do this." He mumbled. "Se got to everythin' important. The clothin' designs fer the next season line, everyone's office is destroyed an' a few of the computers that had the back ups on it are trashed. I don't think that we can get anythin' off them."

"Yeh jokin?" I whispered. Hoping this was all some sick, sick joke.

"'M sorry."

I walked over to the trash can and pulled out a piece of the burnt papers . It was one of the most recent designs I had been working on for the next season lines. I crumbled it up and felt myself lose control.

"'M goin' to fuckin' kill 'er!" I growled. I turned on my heel and started for the door, but Tom stood in the way stopping me. "Get out of meh way Tommy!" I shouted trying to shove past him.

"Calm down!" He said pushing me back.

"Ow' the fuck am I suppose to calm the bloody fuck down!" I screamed at him. "Se' fuckin' ruined everythin!" I grabbed my hair pulling on it. "I can't believe this! Everything is gone!" I felt myself start to lose it. My voice cracked and I felt my eyes start to fill with angry tears. "I don't know 'ow in the 'ell 'M goin' to fix this." I pulled out the pack of cigarette's in my jackets pocket.

"We'll find a way, Ol." He said, running his hands through his hair.

I laughed dryly and light up the cigarette, sitting on the ground. He sighed and left me to sit in my office. I smoked and smoked thinking of ways that I could get back at Amanda. I honestly never thought that she could do something like this to me. I understand that she was upset but I never imagined that she would fuck me over like this. She had helped me build up the company to where it was now. I couldn't fucking believe that she would ruin what she helped build. Drop Dead was like my baby.

As I finished another cigarette, my phone started to ring. I pulled it from my pocket to look at the screen. I growled answering it, "Ow' fuckin' dare yeh!" I shouted.

Amanda laughed. "I see yeh've seen my little handy work."

"Yer a rotten fuckin' bitch!" I growled. "I can't believe yeh did this."

She laughed again. "Yeh thought that I would let yeh get away with hurtin' an' embarrassin' meh, dumpin' meh for tha' slag? Oli, yeh know meh better than that."

"Yeh destroyed my clothin' line, yeh fuckin' worthless slut!" I screamed. "Yeh know how much it means to meh! Yeh fucking wagging war an' I know fer damn sure yeh ain't goin' to win."

"Yeh under estimate meh, Oli." She purred. "'M confident that yeh'll be begging fer mercy before 'm even done."

I chuckled dryly. "Yeh so stupid, yeh cunt. Yeh beyond dead to me. 'M goin' to get yeh back an' yer goin' fuckin' wish yeh had never fucked with me yeh fuckin' piece of trash."

"'M sure, yeh goin' try really 'ard." She sounding bored now. "But, I know how to get under yer skin more than yeh know how to get under mine an' if 'm not mistaken, love 'm a step ahead of yeh."

"Go fuck yehself, Amanda." I growled. I heard her start to laugh, before I hung up on her and threw my phone across the room. I light up another cigarette.

If she wanted a war then, I was going to give it too her. She was going to fucking regret ever fucking with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty short but I wanted to get something out I guess.
Comment if you like.