Status: Still Working On It

Memorial

05

I haven’t spoken to Tom in person, in a week. He sends me bunch loads of text messages. I hardly glace at them and I’ve only responded to a few of them. Telling him I was fine and I wasn’t mad. Because I wasn’t, I was just shock; seeing Oliver again. He calls but I never answer.

Could he really think that I would be ok, and that we would be friends again? Doesn’t he remember what happened what he did?

“PAYTON CHRISTINA PAQUETTE! GET YER ARSE OUT OF THA’ DAMN BED!” Taylor shouted banging on the door of my bedroom.

I groaned and buried my head into my pillows. “I don’t want to!” I shouted into my pillows.

“Payton, don’ make meh call up, Tom an’ ‘ave ‘im come to the ‘ouse an’ talk to yeh.” She
threatened.

My eyes widened and I sat up in my bed. “You wouldn’t.” I said.

“Try me, love.” She said, I could hear her smirking. “I’ve been talking too ‘im. All I got to do is dial ‘is number.”

I jumped from my bed and hurried over to my door, ripping it open. Taylor stood there dressed in a pair of pajamas, and her phone in her hand. “How did you get Tom’s number?” I asked

She smirked, pushing me aside to walk into my room. “I stole it from yer phone when yeh was asleep.”

I groaned. “Great.” I walked over to my bed and flopped down on it, face first. I wanted to die.

“Wha’ happened between yeh an’ Oli?” She asked sitting on my bed.

My body tensed up and I could feel a wave of emotions flood into my body. I sat up and looked at her. “How do you know about Oliver?” I asked

She shrugged. “Like I said I’ve been talkin’ to Tom.”

I felt tears rush to my eyes. Tom told her about Oliver? What the heck?! I balled my hands into fists, digging my fingers into my palm, to trying to keep my tears in. “Well if you’ve been talking to Tom then you already know don’t you.” I snapped. Tom was sharing my secrets that I had tried so hard to bury down deep.

But it seemed like they were resurfacing fast.

She looked defensive. “I don’ know anythin.” She said, “I asked Tom wha’ happened when yeh lot was ‘angin’ an’ ‘e said yeh just left when yeh saw ‘is brotha.” She crossed her legs under neither her. “I were curious to know why tha’ was? I just assumed somethin’ happened an’ by yer reaction looks like I were right.”

I looked down at my hands, my eyes got all blurry from the tears. My life now was being torn apart by the part of my life I had thought I had been over with for the last three years. It was unfair. “No.” I sniffled.

“Tha’ bull.” She said, placing an arm over my shoulder. “Yeh can tell meh wha’ happened.” She said softly trying to comfort me.

I shook my head, watching as my falling tears hit the skin of my arm. I quickly reach up and wiped my eyes. “Nothing happened between us.”

“Love, I know yer lying. Yer a ‘orrible liar.” She rubbed my back soothingly. “Just talk to meh-”

“Nothing happened!” I snapped, glaring at her. “I just don’t like Oliver ok.” I got up from my bed and walked into my bathroom slamming it shut behind me, leaving her shocked on my bed. I sighed and leaned up against the door, sliding down onto the floor.

I hate him! I hate him so much it hurt. It hurt me, because I still loved him. I curled up into a ball holding myself as I began to cry.

“Payton?” Taylor spoke from the other side of the door. “Payton, love, I’m sorry.” She went silent for a moment. “I didn’t mean to upset yeh. I were just curious.” She went silent. “Payton, please talk to meh!”

“Go away!” I sobbed. I heard her sigh and walk away. I rolled over and squeezed my eyes tighter, the tears slipped down my face and I couldn’t hold them back.

It’s been four year and it seems like Oliver was still slashing my heart. That boy had a fierce hold on me and it seems like I wasn’t going to ever get out of it. No matter how much I tricked myself into thinking I could.

After a half hour I pushed myself of the ground, standing up. I looked in the mirror, my cheeks shined from the tears still on my face. I looked like a wreck. I almost started to cry harder. It was like déjà vu from year 13. I looked away and turned so my back was to the mirror.

I stripped out of my clothing and turned on my shower to as hot as I could stand and I jumped in. The water shot down from the shower head, hitting my skin and turning it a light red color. I hugged myself as I stood beneath the hot water, trying to calm myself. My tears fell and mixed with the water swirling down the drain and away.

There was a knock on my door and I ignored it, grabbing my shampoo and washing my hair. There wasn’t another knock and Taylor didn’t speak. Maybe she got the point that I’m not going to talk. I rinsed out my hair and washed my body. Once I was clean I just stood beneath the running water till it turned ice cold. I grabbed the knob turning it off and step out of the shower.

I grabbed a big towel and wrapped it around my body, drying myself off. I then grabbed my hair dryer and dried my hair the best I could, but it was still slightly damp. I caught myself starring at my reflection. My eyes were red and I had bags under my eyes from crying so much. That’s sad, I thought. He hasn’t been mine in 4 years and I still cry this much over him.

I looked down at my hands and walked over to the bathroom door, unlocking it and walking out into my bedroom. I roamed over to my dresser, my thoughts millions of miles away too far for me to reach.

I pulled open my underwear drawer and grabbed a pair of panties and a new bra. I closed the drawer and put my underwear and bra on the dress and grabbed a hold of the towel to unwrap it from my body.

“Payton, ‘old on!” I froze and looked over my shoulder to see, Curtis sitting on the edge of my bed, he had slapped his hands over his eyes. I was so glad that I hadn’t dropped the towel. I held the towel to my chest.

“Curtis what are you doing here?” I asked, in a panicked voice. Who else was in my house?

“Yer fuckin’ naked!” He said surprised.

“I’m still in the towel.” I said, clutching the towel in my fist. I grabbed my underwear and slipped them on under the towel.

He peaked through his fingers before dropping his hands. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. “Sorry,” He turned so his back was to me and I quickly slipped on a bra and took the towel off replacing it with a robe. “I didn’ expect yeh to come out naked.”

I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest. “What are you doing here Curtis?” I whispered.

He looked quickly to make sure I was dressed before he stood up and walked over to me. “Yer mate, Taylor call hysterical sayin’ yeh was locked in yeh bathroom an’ well I knew yeh weren’t talk to Tom, so I came.” I closed my eyes looking away trying to keep a cool. I didn’t want to fall apart. He pulled me into a tight hug, resting his chin on the top of my head.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his middle, burying my head into the middle of his chest. His felt like a safety net. I held him tight and for the third time today tears began to leak from my eyes. He gave me a tight squeeze, kissing the top of my head. “S’ o’reight, love.” He murmured. “‘M ‘ere fer yeh.”

I stood there letting him try and comfort me, while I stood and let my tears run silently down my face and soak his t-shirt. He finally picked me up, and set me on my bed sitting next to me. He pushed my hair behind my ears and kissed my temple. I sniffled and laid my head on his shoulder.

“Do yeh want to talk ‘bout it, love?” He asked me softly. I didn’t answer; I just played with the hem of my robe absent mindedly. He kissed the side of my head and sighed. “Ef yeh don’ want to talk ‘bout it, love I won’ bug yeh ‘bout it. All yeh got to do is tell meh to drop it.”

I tried to blink away the tears in my eyes, a few times before looking up at him. I placed my hand on one of his cheeks and kissed it. “Thank you, Curtis.” I whispered, hugging him.

He smiled slightly and hugged me back. “Yeh welcome, love.” He pulled back slightly and gave me a smile.

“I brought yeh, somethin’.” I tilted my head to the side and he stood up. “I’ll be back in a minute.” He walked out of my room and turned to the right. “Oops, wrong way.” He said turning and walking down the hall way towards the front rooms. I giggled at his mistake, it was funny.

I sat patiently trying to just be happy. I didn’t want Curtis to say anything, to Tom. I heard the sound of feet shuffling on the wood floor in the hallway and I looked at my door way waiting for Curtis to walk through with whatever he had brought me. He smiled and stepped aside and someone else walked through my door. My mouth dropped and I stood up from my bed, gaping at them.

Matt Nicholls walked in, holding a little pink stuff toy in his hands. He came up to me embracing me in a bone crushing hug. I threw my arms around his neck and squealed. “MATTY!”

He chuckled and picked me up spinning me around. He set me on the ground loosening his hold on me. He smiled wide at me. “Lo, Pay.” He kissed my forehead and I smiled –actually smiled- up at him hugging him one more time. Matt was literally like a brother. He had lived right next door to me when I first moved to Sheffield. We were like family. He pulled back and handed me the little stuffed toy he had brought in. It was a pink Domo.

I smiled and looked back up at him. “Thank you, Matt.” I kissed his cheek. “I love it.” I hugged it tightly to my chest. He embraced me again.

“Fuck, Payton, I’ve missed yeh.” He said into my hair.

I squeezed my arms around his middle. “I’ve missed you too, Matt.”

Someone clearing there throat, all three of us looked over to see Taylor standing in the door way, her eyes were red and I pulled away from Matt and walked over to her.

“I’m sorry, Payton.” She whispered, playing with the hem of her shirt. “I didn’ mean to upset yeh.” She didn’t look me in the eye.

I shook my head, I had made her cry. I hadn’t wanted to do that. “It’s alright, Tay.” I hugged her and she hugged me back. “You were just trying to be a good friend.” I said to her.

When we pulled apart she wiped along her eyes, brushing away a few tears. “Wo, are theses’ blokes?” She asked.

I laughed slightly. “Taylor, this is my old neighbor, Matt Nicholls and another old school friend, Curtis Ward.”

“Lo,” They both said. She smiled and waved at them.

“Wha’ are yeh, lovely ladies doin’ tonight?” Matt asked, smiling.

I scrunched my eyebrows together, tilting my head slightly. I looked at Taylor and shrugged. “Nothing, why?”

He smiled and looked at Curtis. He nodded and plopped down on my bed. “Well get ready, yeh got plans with us, now.” He said and he grabbed Curtis but the arm, pulling up. He protested as Matt shoved him out my bedroom door. “We’ll wait in the livin’ room for yeh.”

He walked out of my room, shoving Curtis toward the front door. He sure was in a hurry.

“Wha’ just happened?” Taylor asked just as confused.

“I don’t know.” I walked to my door and stuck my head out the door. “MATTY!” I shouted.

“WHA?” he shouted back.

“What do you want us to wear?”

I didn’t get a reply, but instead he walked back into my room and started looking through my closet full of clothes. He pulled out a black dress and handed it to me. I held it up against me looking down at it. “This one fer yeh.” He smiled. “Yeh look beautiful, love.”

I blushed. “Thanks, Matty.” He nodded and walked out of the room.

Taylor walked over to my closet looking through my dressed. “Mind if I borrow one, love?” I she asked. “‘M too, lazy to go look in meh room.”

“Yeah, it’s fine.” She pulled out a dress and we started to get changed. We helped each other with hair and make-up and everything else we need till both of us were fully dressed.

I looked over at Taylor. She was finishing up the touches on her face. I sat on my bed ready to go and held the stuffed toy Matt had given me in my hands, and played with my curls as I waited for Taylor. It had taken us almost two and a half hours to get ready. Neither Curtis nor Matt said anything. I hope we weren’t late.

“O’reight, I’m ready.” Taylor said, turning off the light in my bathroom. We walked out of my room and down the hall to the living room together. The two guys were watching Skin’s on the TV.

“Matt.” I said,

“Hmm?” He didn’t look away from the TV.

“We’re ready.” I said. He turned off the TV and both he and Curtis stood up stretching. They turned and stopped.

“Whoa.” Curtis said. “Yeh two look, beautiful.”

Taylor laughed a bit. “E’s tryin’ to get laid, aye?” She whispered in my ear. I giggled and hit her playfully.

“Shut up.” I whispered to her. “Thank you, Curtis.”

“Yeh ready to go?” Matt asked.

We both nodded and we all walked out into the dark night, and piled into Curtis’s car. Him and Matt in the front and Taylor and I in the backseat. As we drove away from the house, everyone was making small talk and Taylor was laughing at Matt and Curtis.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“A party.” Matt said, looking at me in the front mirror. I frowned when he said party; drinking, great. “Wha?”

“‘e’s still a virgin to everythin’ mate.” Curtis said as he made a turn down one of the streets.

“Still, Pay?” He asked surprised. I nodded, “Drinkin'? Cusin'? Sex? Drugs?”

“Yep.” I said.

“Yeh ‘aven’t done none?”

“Nope.”

“Wow.” He smiled. “‘m proud of yeh love, savin' yehself fer yeh right person.”

I smiled. “Thanks, Mattie.”

Curtis pulled up into a driveway and I could hear the music from the backyard. I’m guessing this is where the party was. I tried to take a calming breath to keep myself from freaking out. It was just a party. I wasn’t going to do anything, just spend time with Matt, Curtis, and Taylor.

I climbed out of the backseat and slammed the car door closed. I heard the locks click and I jumped slightly. Matt chuckled and put his arms over my shoulders. “Calm down, love.” He kissed my temple. “Yeh an adult now, this isn’t year 12. Yeh aint gonna get in no trouble.” I took a deep breath and nodded. He smiled and started to pull me with him towards the front door.

“Wo’s ‘ouse is this?” Taylor asked Curtis from behind us.

“Tommy’s.” He said. “E’s celebratin’ somethin’.”

Matt open the door and I couldn’t hear the rest of what he said. I kept my arm around Matt’s middle staying with him as he walked through the house saying hello to people and looking around. He stopped and started looking for someone.

“Who are you looking for?” I shouted over the music.

He got real close to my ear. “Ol, I want to talk to ‘im.” My eyes widened and I tried to look to see if I could find, Taylor so I could avoid going with him. He started to pull me towards the kitchen, before I could spot her. I gave him a confused look. “I found ‘im.” He informed me.

My heart sank. I let him drag me, because I knew trying to run would end up with Matt chasing me. We walked into the kitchen/dining room. There was a game of beer pong going on, which I saw Tom and Lee on a team and Taylor and Curtis on a team. Well now I know I wouldn’t have been able to use Taylor as an out of this.

“OL!” Matt shouted, we were about eight feet from him.

Oliver turned his head towards Matt and I quickly hid behind him. I didn’t need to be seen. “Lo, Matt.” He chuckled “Ell, we didn’ think yeh’d make it.” They did there hand shake, “Wha’ took yeh so long?”

Matt moved aside so Oliver saw me and he put his arm over my shoulder. “I ‘ad to pick up an old mate.” He grinned, squeezing my shoulders. I started to fidget; Oliver was looking at me with surprised eyes.

“Lo, Payton.” Oliver said smiling slightly.

“Hi, Oliv-”

“OLI!” a drunken voice called. Amanda came stumbling over to us, giggling and spilling the drink that was in her hand. “OLI!” she called again finally getting to him. She dropped her cup to the ground and I had to step back quickly to avoid getting it on me. “Oops!” She giggled looking down at the mess. She giggled and threw her arms around Oliver’s neck. “Ol, are we goin’ to shag tonight?” She asked loudly.

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep anything from happening. Keep calm, I kept telling myself. Try and be strong.

Oliver pulled her arms from his neck. “Bloody fuck, Amanda.” He said, annoyed. “Yeh pissed.”

She giggled. “‘M not pissed, Oli.” She got up in his face. “‘m horny!” She laughed and looked over at me. “Hey! I know yeh!” She stumbled over to me and I held on to Matt’s arm tight. “Yeh tha’ girl tha’ Thomas keeps talkin’ ‘bout!” She took some of my hair and started to play with it. “Thomas. Thomas. Thomas the train engine, choo, choo!” She started too laughed hysterically.

My eyes widened. SHE’S INSANE! I shouted in my head.

Oliver quickly grabbed her hands from my hair and pulled her off me. “Amanda yeh, ‘ave to quit drinkin’!” Oliver said to her. I looked up at Matt who was looking very amused by this sight. “Amanda, listen to meh damn it.” He said trying to get her to pay attention.

“Oli, yer bein’ a twat!” She said giggling. “Yeh want meh to suck on yer cock, make yeh feel bit better?” She purred running her hand down his chest. I bit my cheek trying to keep myself from up chucking. I didn’t want to hear about that.

“No!” He said, grabbing her shoulders. He tried to say something but she just kept babbling and giggling. “Amanda, fuckin’ listen to meh an’ stop bein’ an fuckin’ cunt!” he looked annoyed.

Her face turned from happy to angry. “Fuck off, Oliver.” She shouted, shoving him. “When yeh’ve stopped bein’ an arsehole come find meh!” She hurried off as fast as she could stumble.

Matt started to laugh, holding his sides. “‘aving trouble in paradise, Ol’s?”

“Fuck off, Nicholls.” He growled picking up a beer from the counter and taking a drink.

Matt laughed some more and tossed his arm over my shoulder once more. I was still feeling really awkward. People were coming in and out of the kitchen to get more drinks and stop and have conversations with Matt and Oli. I just stood there quietly, waiting for the night to end.

“Matt!” a familiar voice called out.

“Ginny.” Matt smiled and took his arm from my shoulder to hug, Ginny. She hadn’t changed much other than she possibility showed more of her body than she did in high school. I scrunched up my nose in disgust.

When her eyes landed on me they hardened and her jaw tightened. “Payton, wha’ a surprise to see yeh, ‘ere.”

I gave her the best smile I could. I wasn’t thrilled to see her either. “Hi, Ginny.”

She nodded and turned back to the boys to talk, they talked for a few minutes. “Payton, yeh don’ ‘ave a drink.” Ginny pointed out.

“I don’t drink.” I said, hugging my arms to my body.

“I know where there’s some fruit punch. S’ not spike with no alcohol.” She offered. “I can get yeh some.”

I thought about it for a minute. I was really thirsty and I didn’t know how much longer I was going to be here. “Yeah, I would.” She smiled and walked off to get it.

“Matt, I’m goin’ to go talk to Tom.” Oliver said walking over to the beer pong table where Tom was still at.

“Yeh ‘aving fun?” Matt asked.

I rolled my eyes. “A blast.” He laughed at took a swig of beer.

Ginny was coming back with a black cup filled with a thick red liquid. “Ere yeh go, Payton.”

I took it from here and looked at it for a second. I took a deep breath and took a gulp, hoping for the best. The red liquid slid down my throat and the taste of strawberry and watermelons sent my tongue into a frenzy. It was a delicious.

“Yeh like it?” Matt asked. I nodded and took another drink. He looked over at Ginny. “Thanks, love.”

She smiled walking away. “Yer welcome.”

“Let’s go watch, Tommy fail at beer pong.” Matt said, dragging me over to the table where Tom was. I stood there watching for a long time. Matt was talking to someone and I decided to walk around. I took another swig of my drink. My head was getting lighter and I was
feeling weird. It wasn’t a bad kind of weird; it was more of a funny good weird.

I finished off my third drink after walking around for a while. I had found Ginny and she had gotten me refills, which was nice of her. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned to see a guy with tattoo’s standing there.

“Lo,” He said

“Hi,” I said, happily. My voice sounded all bubbly and happy, which made me giggle.

He smirked. “Yeh want to dance, love?”

I nodded my head eagerly and he smiled, pulling me onto the dance floor. The sound of the music bumped through the speakers and I could feel the vibrations in the floor and passing through my body. The tattooed guy pulled me put against him and we started too grinned against each other. He was saying things to me, and I couldn’t understand half of them. Which made me giggle some more.

“Yeh ok, love?” He asked huskily in my ear. I nodded holding in a giggle as he pulled me up against him and I felt something as we grinned and I started to laugh when I realized what it was. I continued to laugh as the song went on till someone grabbed my arm. I looked up to see Oliver. He had a angry look on his face, glaring daggers at the guy with the tiny penis.

“Back off ‘er.” He said, he pulled me towards him and I laughed stumbling and landing in his chest. I snaked my arms around his neck, giggling looking over at the people. The guy I was dancing with glared and stormed away leaving me and Oliver. I looked up at him the expression on my face blank, he looked down at me, his expression was soft, and his eyes looked so beautiful. He kept his hands on my hips.

I could feel something weird coursing through my veins and I didn’t something I couldn’t have done before. I unwrapped my arms from his neck, and place my hand on my hips. “You want to dance with me or not?” He looked at me for a moment before smirking. I turned around and started too grinned up against him. He grabbed a hold of my hips, pulling me too him.

I smirked and wrapped my arm around his neck running my fingers through his hair. He groaned, making me smirk and he started to kiss the nape of my neck. I moaned and pressed myself up against him as close as I could.

He groaned and I felt his breath on my ear. “Wha’ are yeh doin’, love?”

I smirked and turned my head so I could whisper in his ear. “It’s a surprise.” My lips brushed against his ear and I could feel him shiver.

I grabbed his hand and got out of the crowded of dancing people. I let go of his hand and walked towards the stairs where no one was at. I motioned him to follow me and started up the stairs. I walked up the stairs and I turned around when I was almost at the top. He was still standing at the bottom. I smirked motioning him to follow me. He walked up the stairs meeting me at the top, he looked so nervous.

I smirked and bit my lip. “What are you waiting for, love?” I whispered, running my hands down his chest, his breathing hitched as my fingers dancing over the skin above his waist line and I played with the loops of his pants. I smirked and pulled him closer to me, stopping right before our lips touched. He stood there waiting and I smirked holding it, there. I shook my head after a moment and giggled slowly pulling away, but her groaned loudly and put his hand on the back of my neck connecting my lips to his.

He held me against his lips. He moved us from the stairs never taking his lips from mine, till my back came in contact with the wall. He held my face between his tattooed hands, his lips parted and his tongue touched my bottom lip. I moaned tangling, one of my hands in his hair and the other gripping the front of his shirt. Our tongues meet and wrestled, as things got more heated. I sighed slightly, finally let him win.

He pushed me back gently, keeping my face in his hands. I looked up at him, his beautiful eyes looking down at me. He hesitated for a moment, like he was going to say something but he stopped himself and didn’t. He sighed, before kissing me again. This time the kiss wasn’t eager and heated, it was softed and gentle. “I’ve missed yeh, Pay.” He said softly against my lips.

I pulled back, looking up at him. “Let’s get some privacy.” I said, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards a closed door. He opened it pulling me in and connecting out lips again. He kicked the door closed behind us and we made our way over to the bed not breaking the kiss. He grabbed a hand full of my curled hair and gave it a slight tug. I groaned and pulled away, running my hands up his shirt.

A weird rush of feelings continued to go through my body and I kicked off my heels, putting my hand up Oliver’s shirt again. “Mind taking this off for me, love?” I whispered, kissing the hollow of his ear. He grabbed the bottom of it and pulled it off quickly. I smirked running my hand up his tattooed chest, my fingers brushed over his tattoo inked into his skin on his collar bone.

He grabbed my hand, and put his index on my chin, tilting my head up so our eyes meet. I sigh out softly, getting lost in them as he bent down and kisses me. I push him back and he crawls onto the bed me following, I climbed into his lap placing both my hands on either side of his face and slip my tongue into his mouth. I moaned feeling his cold hands slide up my leg, resting on my thighs. His thumb brushes it softly making me bit my lip. He kissed my throat, nipping the skin along my shoulder.

I moaned and pulled his hair a bit. “oh, Oli.” I bit my lip and I felt his smirk against my skin.

“Yeh miss meh?” He asked huskily. I nodded and bit my lip holding in a moan, as he sucked on my neck. He pulled away, “S’ o'reight to make noise,” He whispered, brushing his lips over my skin. “I want to hear yeh say my name.”

I ran my hand up his smooth chest, smiling and biting my lip. “Only, if you tell me you want me.” I whispered in his ear.

He flipped me over onto my back, climbing on top of me, kissing me full on, the lips. My head began to spin and I could feel my heart beat, faster and faster. He pulled back his breathing a bit hard and his hand on my thigh, under my dressed. I tried to keep myself fouced on him.

“I want to be with only yeh.” He said. I smiled slowly and tangled my hand in his soft hair bringing his lips back down to mine. I wanted to be with him too.

♥ ♥ ♥

“‘Ot guy, tweleve o’clock.” Lauran said in my ear as she slid into her seat next to me, placing her tray on the table.

I raised an eyebrow and looked up from my copy of The Catcher in The Rye. I looked around the crowded lunch room. “Who?” I asked.

She smirked. “Black ‘air an’ emo lookin.” She said under her breath. I looked around again and scrunched up my eyebrows at who she was talking about.

“Tommy’s older brother?” I asked looking at her. She nodded taking a bit of salad from her tray. “Ok?”

“Yeh didn’ ‘ear?” She asked, I shook my head no. “Thomas’s brotha wan’s yeh.”

“Uh huh, sure.” I rolled my eye. I looked up again seeing Oliver walking towards the table. I sighed, looking over at Lauran; her smile said I told you so.

“I’m going to go to the library.” I murmured to my friend grabbing my bag and book, leaving the table before Oliver got there. I rushed out of the cafeteria, into the empty hall. I sighed out and slowed down, going in the direction of the library.

It was my sophomore year, or year ten as they said her in Sheffield, England and I went to the library every day. That’s nerdy for you. I opened my messenger bag and dropped my book into it before closing it up and slipping it onto my shoulders.

As I walked more, getting closer to the library, I felt like someone was following me. I looked over my shoulder to see Oliver, walking down the hall. When he saw me looking he waved and jogged over to me. “Lo, Payton.”

He knows my name? “Hi, Oliver.” I gave him a small smile. He was cute, but I had already known that. I had been over to Tom’s house hundreds of time and seen him before. But that’s not the only thing I knew about. His reputation was known by EVERYONE. Oliver was getting all kinds of action, when I was over at his house. Not always the most pleasant thing to hear.

“Why’d yeh leave lunch?” He asked walking besides me.

I shrugged. “I wasn’t hungry.” I got excited when I saw the doors of the library. Once again, nerd status. “Where’s Tommy at? I haven’t seen him all day.” I said looking at him.

He looked a little confused. “Um..e’s ‘ome sick.” He said, he brushed the bangs away slightly but the stayed mostly in his eyes. “E’ ‘asn’t been feelin’ well.”

I frowned. “I didn’t know he was feeling under the weather.” I said as we reached the doors to the library. “I wish he would have told me. I would have done something to help him not get sick.” I stopped near the entrance.

He looked a bit confused. “Are yeh an’ Tommy a thing?”

I tilted my head confused. “Huh?” This was his brother right?

He sighed placing his hand in his pockets. “Are yeh an’ my brotha datin?”

I scrunched up my nose. “No, Tommy and I are just friends.”

The look in his eyes turned hopeful. “Are yeh with anyone?”

I shook my head no. “Why?”

“No reason,” He shrugged. A cocky smile appeared on his face. He looked at the door of the library and then back at me. “Yeh goin’ to go in there?” I nodded. “Mind if I join yeh?” I raised an eyebrow slightly, but shook my head slowly. He smiled and pulled the door open. “Lady’s first.”

What the heck? Oliver Sykes in a library, I’d never thought I’d hear of the day. I stood there for a moment before walking through the door. He followed behind me. This isn’t weird at all, I thought.

♥ ♥ ♥

“Oli, could you grab me that book?” I asked, standing in the middle of the fiction section. Oli was little ways down looking through a random book he had pulled from the shelf. He looked away from the book and over at me. I pointed to the top shelf. He closed the book in his hand and placed it back on the shelf before walking over to me.

“Which one, love?” He asked

I pointed out the book Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger. He smile and reach up for it, he grabbed it from the book shelf with ease before looking down at the title and handing it to me. “S’ a good book.” He commented.

I raised an eyebrow, surprised. “You’ve read Nine Stories?”

“Aye, I ‘ad to do a book report on somethin’ an’ seemed easy enough.” He shrugged. “Yeh’ll like it.” He was continuing to surprise me. Not only had he come to the library with me every day this week at lunch and a few times after school but he reads? Really?

“Salinger is a good write.” I said, looking down at the title. “I love his book Catcher in the Rye.”

He nodded. “Mind if I show yeh another book?” He asked

I looked up shocked. I had never imagined Oliver Sykes reading. I mean, I had a hard time getting Tom to read anything. Picturing Oli read was well very shocking. “Sure.”

He walked down the aisle looking at all the books before he stopped and pulled a book from the shelf. He held it out for me to see. Clockwork Orange, I raised an eyebrow. “What’s it about?”

He shrugged and I took the book looking at the text on the back of the book. “Well s’ bout a boy wo ‘as a thing fer violence an’ well it got ‘im locked up fer murder an’ while ‘e’s there ‘e goes through some pretty ‘orrible stuff.” He shoved his hands in his pockets. “Then wen ‘e gets out the people wo ‘e fucked up go out an’ get revenge.”

I looked back down at the book, looking over the cover. “Hmm, sounds interesting.” I took the two books and walked up the librarian and smiled. “I want to check these two books please.”

The elderly lady smiled at me, like always. “S’ tha’ all fer today, Payton?” I nodded and she checked them out for me. “Ere yeh, go love.” She handed them back to me and I walked over bag opening it and placing the two books inside.

“Oi, Pay can I ask yeh somethin’?” Oliver asked, from behind me.

I pulled my bag off the table. “Sure, Oli.” I put my bag over my shoulder.

He was standing there with his hands in his pockets. “Would yeh like to be my girlfriend?”

I froze; my hands gripped the strap of my messenger bag. “Excuse me?” I said quietly. I obviously didn’t hear him right. Oli won’t ask me out.

“I want yeh to be my girlfriend.” He said, taking a step towards me and placing a hand on my cheek. He started to lean in and I felt my face get red. “Wha’ yeh say?” He got closer and closer, he was trying to kiss me?

I step back and looked away hiding behind my hair. “That’s nice of you to ask Oliver, but umm…bye.” With that I quickly walked away, out of the library and away from him. They bell rung as I walked down the hall and as the students flooded into the halls, then I realized something.

I had just turned down Oliver Sykes.

♥ ♥ ♥

Lauran laughed and Tom held my book, over his head and out of my reach. I groaned trying to grab it. “Toommm!” I whined. “Give it back!”

“Try an’ get it, Pay.” He laughed, holding it away farther.

“Tom, please! I want to read!” I begged, pouting and sitting back in my seat at the lunch table.

He laughed and held it in his hand. He looked down at it. “Clockwork Orange.” He read the title. “Why yeh readin’ this again?” He asked.

I tried to snatch it from his hand and he moved before I could grab it. I sighed, “Because I like it.”

He chuckled. “If yeh say so love.” I tried to grab it again but he held it over his head again. I reached up to get it but he was way taller than me and had longer arms. “Try an’ get…HEY!”

The book was snatched from his hend and he looked over to see Oli standing there.

“Tha’s not nice, Tom.” Oli said, looking at his brother and holding the book in his hand. I stood up and took the book from him.

“I were only teasin’ ‘er Ol.” Tom said, looking up at his older brother. “Right Payton.” I nodded and put the book into my bag quickly.

“Thanks,” I said to Oli, slipping my bag over my shoulders. “Tommy, I’m going to go do something in the library quickly.”

“O’reight, Imma stay ‘ere with Lauran.” He said. I nodded and bent down giving him a hug.

He smiled and hugged me back. I smiled at Lauran, giving her a wave good bye and walking out of the cafeteria without even so much as a look at Oli.

Things had gotten awkward, since last Friday when he asked me out. Like I couldn't look him in the eye. I felt bad, I really did. I mean that whole week we hung out, I had gotten to know him a little better. He wasn’t just that annoying older brother Tom whined about, there was more to him. He was funny and actually thought about other things besides getting some. He was into music; really passionate about it. He wanted to do all kinds of things, like start a band and he wanted to start a clothing line. There was more going on in his head then he let on.

The problem with him asking me out though was well; I’ve seen what happens to some of the girls he’s gone out with. And I know what he wants in a girl, but that’s just not me. I’m a GOOD girl. I do what I’m told. I get good grades. And I stay out of trouble. I’m not his type.

“Pay!” Oli’s voice called from behind me. I stopped walking looking over my shoulder to see him jogging towards me. He stopped beside me, stepping in front of me. I waited for something to happen. But it was just silent between the two of us, he stared at me.

“Um…what do you need Oliver?” I asked politely, shifting slightly.

He licked his lips, pulling himself for his thoughts. “I want to talk to yeh.” He said.

“Alright.”

“Not ‘ere, somewhere else.” He grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me down the hall. He took me to a hallway, no one ever came through. He didn’t let go of my wrist. He just stood there, looking at me.

I pulled my arm back, stepping away feeling, uncomfortable from all the starring. “What do you want to talk about?”

He sighed and put his hands in his pockets. “I want to know why yeh said no.”

I sighed and brushed my hand threw my hair. I looked away from him feeling guilty. “We wouldn’t make a good couple Oli.” I stated looking him in the eye. “We don’t have much in common and we just don’t go.”

His mouth was pressed into a straight line. His hazel eyes looked a bit sad and I felt even worse. “I don’ think tha’.” He murmured.

I frowned. “Why not?”

He shrugged, “I just don’.” I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. He leaned up against the wall of lockers, never looking away from me. I felt my cheeks flush from his gaze. “Why can’ we just try it out?”

“Because if we did, it end badly and I like being your friend Oli.” I said softly. “And I like being Tom’s best friend.”

“Wha’ the ‘ell’s this got to do with Tom?” He asked, his eyes hardened.

I raised an eyebrow, taking a step back from him. “Well he’s your brother and my best friend.” I stated. “He’s a big part of both of our lives Oli. So it has a lot to do with him.”

He sighed and said something under his breath that I wasn’t able to catch. He leaned his head back, starring up at the ceiling. I bit my lip and dropped my arms to my sides. I took a few steps so I was standing in front of him. “Listen Oli; let’s just stay friends, Ok?” He looked down at me and I held out a hand. He stood up straight taking his hands out of his pockets, and looked down at my hand. He reached forward, but didn’t grab my hand.

He pulled me into his chest, pressing his lips to mine rather soft but forcefully. I stood shocked, his lips moved over mine, with such skill. I had never kissed a boy before; I had no idea what to do. After a few moments he pulled back and his hand slipped down to mine, his fingers locking with mine. “We can be mates fer now, love.” He bent down and pecked my lips. “But I want us to be much more.”

I shook my head, looking up at him, amazed. He just wasn’t going to give up.
♠ ♠ ♠
another long chapter!! :) and this one has Oli, Curtis, and MATT NICHOLLS!! :D lol I put a little back ground in on Oliver and Payton. i hope it's kinda helpfull or whatever in the story, for you to understand. I changed the rating because well, i got a different idea for the story and well that changed it. lol Who thinks I should write one of the next two chapters in Oli's P.O.V? (cuz i think i want to do one chapter in an Oli, out look.)
I'm totally spacing on something right now, but i'm to tired to try and remember. lol
comment and subscribe?!
-bree^^