Status: Completed on 3/17/12

Foolish

Making An Effort

The next morning, I decided to have lunch with my bestfriend and sister-in-law Lyric for lunch. We met while in high school because she skipped some grades for being brilliant and we had the same classes and later on down the road she introduced me to her brother and my husband. Now she ran her own magazine and we have never been any closer than now. We decided to go to Chiba Restaurant to this sushi bar to catch up. I wondered what she's been up to since she divorced her husband. I grabbed my purse and cellphone before leaving the house. I was still debating on how to proceed with my marriage. I got into my Range Rover and left Beverly Hills. God as much as I loved my husband I just didn't want to resent him later. He gave me the world but all I really wanted was to spend time with him.

At the restaurant,
I walked in and gave my reservation name. The hostess lead me to where Lyric was sitting and she was drinking some wine which shocked me because she was usually a shots girl. Guess we all have to grow up sometimes. She smiled and stood up as I approached.

"Hey Mel, my God you look amazing."

"Oh shut up Lyric, I am an ugly duckling compared to you." I said.

"Shut the hell up. You are gorgeous. Now sit and come talk. How's marriage? When should I be expecting my niece or nephew?"

"I can't even answer you about my marriage and no babies anytime soon." I sighed.

"Why not? You and my brother make a lovely couple and your offspring would be so beautiful that the world would implode." She said.

"Well our marriage isn't what is seems at all. He is barely there for me and I'm scared that we are over." I said.

"No it's not. You two just need to work it out." She said.

"Lyric as easy as you make it sound it isn't. It's been 5 months since we last had sex and hell he might even be having sex with another woman." I finally said it out loud and the minute those words came out of my mouth I wanted to break down in tears.

"Please don't cry." She said reaching over the table and taking my hand. "Everything will work out."

***
At the hospital where I wanted to do my residency I was just finished in the chief or surgery's office in which he said that I could come back to work on my residency if I passed my exams which was scheduled for next Tuesday all day. I had my folder of information as I decided to take a quick tour of the hospital before going back to that big beautiful house that I felt so lonely in.

"Melodie?" I heard from behind me and turned to see who it was.

"Nick?" He was in his in doctor's lab coat and looked absolutely. Sometimes I hate seeing exes.

He walked over and gave me a hug and I hugged him back and smelled that naturally clean smell he always had. Shit

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I had to put in an application to finish up my residency. Are you a surgeon here?" I asked.

"Going on my 5th year of General Surgeon. I thought you would've been finished by now." He crossed his arms.

"Life happened. I got married after only 3 years into my residency."

"Wow, lucky guy." He said.

"Try telling him that." I shrugged my shoulders and felt uncomfortable about where this conversation was heading.

"I have a surgery to prep for but what's your number? We should definitely catch up." He said.

"Um sure." I held out my hand and he pulled out his I-Phone. I dialed my number and pressed 'Send' before handing it back to him.

"I'll call you soon." He said.

"Okay bye." He rushed off to go scrub in. I walked off and decided to go home.

***

When I got home, surprisingly there was a rose arrangement sitting on the counter and I saw Marcus sitting on the couch drinking a double malt Scotch. I put my purse down.

"Hey, what are you doing home?" I asked.

"Decided to take the rest of the day off and take my wife out to dinner." I looked at the roses as I walked over to him and stood there in front of him.

"Did you do something?" I asked feeling nervous.

"No, I realized that I've been neglecting my wife and it's not fair at all to you. Everything got screwed up when I put my career first and I want to give you everything that you want."

"Everything?" I asked looking down at him.

He pulled me onto his lap and gave me a kiss. "Everything including a family." I looked at him surprised as hell. "When we first got married we talked about having babies and being happy and I know that we said we would wait-"

"You said we should wait." I interrupted.

"Okay I accept that and I am ready." He said.

"Marcus, please don't bullshit me. I am really emotional and raw and if you are playing I will stab you." I looked him in the eyes.

"I'm serious." He said while pushing my hair behind my ear.

I started beaming as he gave me another kiss and this one was the passion that we had 5 years ago.

"Okay, so where are you taking me to dinner?" I asked.

"You'll see now go put on a sexy dress."

"I think I have just the dress." I stood up and walked upstairs.

20 minutes later of rushing to get ready I finally walked downstairs. Marcus was on the phone again.

"I'll be in the office at 8 tomorrow just schedule Mr. Samuel at 9 a.m. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go, I have reservations with my wife." He said before hanging up. He looked up at me and then stood before giving me a once over. "You look gorgeous."

"Ready?" I asked.

"Of course." He let me walk ahead as we walked out to his Bentley.

At the restaurant, I was sitting with Marcus after he ordered the wine and we placed our orders.

"So, why the sudden change?"

"I told you?" He said.

"If you did something bad you know could tell me. It's best that you say what you need to say because if I find out that something else is going on then I will definitely leave." I told him.

"Melodie, are you just trying to find a way out of this marriage?" He asked defensively.

"No, of course not Marcus I just don't want to get my heartbroken by the man that I am in love with and married to."

"Melodie there is nothing going on. I just want to make you happy again." He leaned forward and took my hand.

"Okay." But I couldn't shake that feeling that something was very wrong with this marriage.

***

After dinner, we arrived home and I was stuffed and feeling happy. Marcus parked his Bentley in the yard and got out. By the time I reached for the door he was already opening it.. I stepped out of the car and turned around to reach back in for my clutch. Something caught my eye between the seat and the door so I reached down and plucked it out. It was a diamond earring that looked similar to the ones that Marcus gave me last year for our anniversary but I had my pair in my jewelry box.

"Baby, are you okay?" Marcus asked me which brought me out of my thoughts I palmed it and feeling my heart sink into my stomach.

"Dropped my clutch." I stood and straightening my dress as I stepped back for him to close the door. He took my hand and walked me the house. He quickly opened the door and I followed. I closed the door and put the alarm on. The clanging of keys hitting the counter made me turn around and Marcus pulled me into his arms and kissed me with so much passion that I could feel my knees weakening slightly. I knew deep down that he cheated on me and it killed me. I stopped him and pulled back.

"I am really tired. Can we pick this up later?" I asked

"Yeah sure." He looked at me confused.

"Thank you." I gave him a peck before I walked up the stairs. I grabbed my phone out of my clutch and texted Lyric

He cheated. I quickly turned off my phone and headed to the bedroom to get ready for bed. I had to fight back tears for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Melodie and Lyric at Lunch
Dinner with Marcus
Marcus's car
Roses
The earrrings

Why do I feel like if I don't write a story about A7X or some other band that no one would read it besides my loyal reader and writing partner? If that is the case then I would rather do something original rather than over do an idea. Thank you zackystheman4me and if you are my only reader and commenter than I will update just so that you can read this entire story that I came up with. Besos and you are like my writing soulmate and bestie!